Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Elysian Illumination even MORE useless!!

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Study_Break, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

Ok so I'm not sure what the devs were trying to do, but they made Elysian Illumination even MORE useless!

After patch today, the spell still aoe heals party members for 2 damage every 2 seconds, but now has a NEW feature - it also damages party members for ZERO damage every 2 seconds ... problem? That ZERO damage tick interrupts spell casting! So now in addition to being a fairly useless AOE heal, it is even MORE useless because it also interrupts party members! At least it damages enemies now, for a WHOPPING 2-3 damage per tick, with INSANE 4 damage crits every 2 seconds. WTF is the point of this spell? Please remove from the game ASAP!

Massive

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Xandra7 like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Looking into this now. The damage amounts are correct. It is intended to be a long, slow heal + damage to undead + reveal hidden. Basically does 1 damage per skill level in the spell. Likely the only thing that is currently wrong with it is that it does damage to friendly targets.

3. Zader

Zader Avatar

I am getting the same issue, damaging me and friendlies for zero.

Also, a second issue is that the beam of light persists awhile after the spell's duration has ended. As in the spell visual effect is not synced up with the real duration that the spell persists on my toon. For me the big yellow beam of light sticks around for another minute.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

Chris, what possible fight would last 100+ seconds in order to make the spell remotely useful? The heal is too weak compared to soothing/cleansing rain or healing grace, and the damage is too weak to make a difference in any kind of fight. My wand auto attack does about the same damage. Maybe the reveal hidden would be useful in some situations, but it's hard to justify sacrificing a slot to incorporate this in any of my decks! I guess it would add 5-10% healing over time when used in conjunction with the other HoTs and food, but given how precious deck slots are, that's a pretty big sacrifice for such a small heal.

If you stack fire dots (RoF, immolate, fireball, fire arrow, fire punch) you're getting 100s of damage per second. Especially against the undead, I would think this spell should be equally powerful as any of those other individual fire spells, especially since it's only effective against undead! If you were the undead, how would you feel having a ray of sunlight focused upon you? How would Dracula feel?? 2-4 dmg would barely tickle!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

This has been fixed for tomorrow's patch. Base duration has been increased, healing amount has been increased to scale a bit with skill level, and it will no longer damage your party members for zero.

Net, Study_Break, Wayfarer and 3 others like this.
  6. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

Can torpor get a buff too? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.