Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Samael gets left behind in Necropolis, translations still provided

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by amnipar, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

9/27/2016 4:50 PM
    Title: Samael gets left behind in Necropolis, translations still provided
    Reproduction Rate: tested once
    Blocker? No
    Details & Steps to Reproduce: Do not talk to Samael at Necropolis entrance, he doesn't follow but spirit talk gets translated anyway.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90GHz (4) System RAM: 8110
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.398.Date.09.26.16

I did a quick run-through of the improved Necropolis quest in QA 398 to check it out. I completed the quest once before with Samael as my spirit talker. To save time, I did not speak with Samael when inside Necropolis (I did speak to him outside at the door though). The result was, that he did not follow me and I had to confront the skeleton guardians, Nyx and Thanatos alone. No worries, since their words got translated anyway. For example, in the chat log I got lines like
    Nyx: <spirit talk / latin babble>
    Nyx: <same in English>
    When I had finished speaking to Thanatos, Samael suddenly appeared and agreed to proceed with me to the Crypt. So this doesn't affect finishing the quest, but might be confusing.

Anyway, the quest made much more sense now, and it was much more clear what I need to do, although of course it's difficult to say how a new player might feel!

2. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It is complete (well for R34). The NPC should talk to you and join your party automatically when you enter the scene, but if you run past him and miss it, no, he will not follow you. You should probably talk to him!

4. Aord

Aord Avatar

The problem is - when you enter the caverns Samael warns you to keep to the right. You eventually come to a place where you have to cross some some minor water channel over a small arched stone pathway, not far from the cavern entrance. Samael would climb the arch but won't follow past it no matter what you do.
    I was able to solve this by first dismissing him, crossing over and entering the next part of the cavern then summoning him again. He followed me then without problems.
    Seems like a pathing issue to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.