Caster Armor Sets

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Frosty Gambrinus, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty Gambrinus

Frosty Gambrinus Avatar

I play a mostly water/life build and prefer to play a little tanky. I have been wearing a carp cloth chest/gloves with the rest plate but am wondering if there is a better way. Just curious, what kind of armor setups do other casters out there use?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah one of the main reasons they need to get on the ball and fix the "chest piece" issues and make suit actually work like suits not one piece being so important.

Sadly there is always a "better" way it all boils down to what you want to trade off, speed, str, int, casting, focus . . . . In the end all these are going to change over and over until they get crafting working and armor meaning something other than a number players are going to "game"

Tanks as you call them in your template is more a mage so for the defense boost I would stick with all cloth and masterwork / enchant to get the buffs you want out of it.

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You can cast water/life/earth in full plate with little to no fizzle if you use a staff or duel wield wands. (level up your focus skills)

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Currently I'm building up an Archmage (all magics except moon and chaos) running int+ leather armor and wielding a 2h sword. Fizzle is not noticeable until T4 spells. When I was running plate, some of my T3 spells fizzled more than I wanted. Big part of that is i wasn't using wands because the loss of the auto-attack for the sword is painful when you are engaged in close melee. If you don't mind not having auto-attack for the added DPS, then definitely go either shield and wand or dual wands to minimize the armor negatives.

Audacity and Acred like this.
  5. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Check into some Chain as well, you get heavy armor perks with less fizzle than plate.

Acred and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. Frosty Gambrinus

Frosty Gambrinus Avatar

I really don't have many fizzle issues even with the plate. I guess I was wondering if there were other mages who were wearing full on light armor sets and if those bonuses are significant...

Acred and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Until they tweak magic in the next two releases I'd not be too worried about it. The crit bonus or focus bonus for the two specialty cloth armors are really nice, but the loss of DR and DA is kinda steep. I liked it a few releases ago, but not sure the trade off is worth it unless you like the look of them.

Frosty Gambrinus and Acred like this.
  8. Beli

Beli Avatar

9. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

As an Earth mage, I use a Meteoric Iron Chain chest piece for the strength innate, Endurance, and the strength buff, Inner Strength, from the heavy armor tree. The rest of my armor pieces are all Epic Carapacian Cloth. The only reason I use chain at all is for the strength bonuses from the heavy tree... I actually get more damage resistance from having full cloth on than I get with the chain chest piece mixed in.

Snazz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.