Halloween Bundle Sale Sigh...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikedeathdealer, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

I see that they have put the halloween bundles on sale... Does it not seem like a slap in the face to the people who have already bought the "slight discount for buying the bundle"? I mean we spent a bunch of money on buying the bundles for the discount. Then a week or so later have a BIGGER discount/sale.. Most stores would give people a chance to get the difference back.. Would of loved to have saved the extra 45+ or so dollars... I think it would be a nice thing for port to give us the difference in credit back for those who have bought the bundles and claimed then before the sale. *grabs pitchfork*

2. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

yeah, they should do like many big retailers, and if they put an item on sale within 30 days, refund those that bought at the higher price the difference in store credit.

3. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Yea I'm in teh same boat :S sucks , stores that offer sales within 30 days offer you the difference. >.<

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Bum like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

SOME stores maybe, but those stores are also probably ones that allow returns within 30 days as well so they just save you the hassle of the return.

A slap in the face? No. But yes, worth a sigh. I do know someone who upgraded a town a week before a 15% bonus sale - it sucks to miss out on a sale, but most digital purchases don't give retroactive price savings.

Does Steam or GOG or Microsoft or Blizzard or other any digital outlets give you price protection on your game purchases? (curious)

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't think I've ever purchased anything in my whole life that didn't go on sale or get marked down further a week after I bought it. :(

I have never experienced a store that would reimburse me for the difference. The closest thing I can think of is when software companies say "purchase the old version now and you can upgrade to the newer version for free when it comes out in the next two months".

6. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Obviously yall have not bothered to ASK about most stores policies. yes they will refund the difference. especially if you ask. I also believe steam will give you the differece back. or they did for one game I got. *shrug*

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

To be fair... we a had a loong run where we could buy anything and everything we wanted and melt it down for other stuff every three months. no more mulligans on addon store lol.

8. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Steam, GOG, GMG, and Microsoft all do. I'm not sure about Blizzard. I even had Sony price match final fantasy remastered when it went on sale a week later. It was reissued as wallet funds, but it was still a refund. I'd say we're at the point where it's harder to find a company that WON'T price adjust.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

already beat this horse down about 6 months ago TY for bringing it back up.

Waiting for the Dye Packages

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Have you tried to email the support to see if they can credit the difference before posting here?

11. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

either way this does not encourage people to invest in the store.

Blackghost likes this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If what you say is true I think that store policies must vary per country.

On a side note, I find that people living in Europe are usually hesitant to make global statements about policies since they personally experience many differences when travelling across borders. The country I live in, Germany, borders on 9 countries (if my memory is correct), and there are many different customs in our neighboring countries, despite the EU.

Sean Silverfoot and Net like this.
  13. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Agreed.

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

To make things less salty, the bundle set should come out before the individual items are added to the store.

They already did that with the Viking bundle items before.

Net, K1000 and mikedeathdealer like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Reopening thread... my apologies for not realizing this wasn't Steam related.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  16. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

This pattern has been repeated for years. It's part of the business model. Now you know that if you want the best deal you must never buy things when they come out on the add-on store.

1) wait for the bundle
    2) wait for the sale or 15% back

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...er-a-package-comes-out-and.56873/#post-608645

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

KuBaTRiZeS, moko and mikedeathdealer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.