I love Mud!

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Rip Saya, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

I started this thread because I searched for another thread on Mud, but there was none. The town still has a few empty lots as well, including a city lot.

This past week, I have visited almost every NPC town looking for a place to put my house.

Size Matters:
    I prefer small towns because it does not take long to get where you are going and they are more dense with homes. Loading times are also a little better. Mud is a clone, but I noticed that most NPC towns are very large.

I cannot honestly say any town has a great location. But it was a factor in my choice. I can easily get to Arie and Brittany from Mud without any challenge zones in the middle. There are a wide variety of scenes in the area to help me level as well. Mud has a boat next to the town which takes you in two clicks to the mainland in the blink of an eye.

Amenities:
    Mud has all the crafting stations I need in close proximity as well as the banker and trainers. Location wise, they are as close or closer than any other town. It was a well thought out design. The one thing I wish it had was the Oracle. I can't even find another oracle without going to Brittney. Since there is daily free money, it would be a bonus if the Oracle was nearby.

Neighbors:
    Knock on wood, the neighbors have avoided going crazy with ugly like I see in many NPC towns. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

If you are a lottery winner looking for a nice place to stay, do come check out Mud.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Mud is a really nice town!

Regarding the Oracle - some POTs have an Oracle. The town I live in, Rift's End, has one, so it might be worth your while to investigate some of the POTs in the immediate vicinity of Mud. If you come and visit Rift's End, go straight ahead from the entrance and beyond where the road ends you will run into the Oracle.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

The best thing about Mud is @KuBaTRiZeS is your neighbor.

4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Hello Neighbor! glad to see somebody settling in Mud! I picked my lot in Mud and even when it's underpopulated i don't regret it... Basically for the same points you adressed :D just wait until it is uncloned! Pretty sure its going to look great. You're welcome to use my expert crafting stations, they're in the second town lot to the left after taking the first street right from the entrance. I don't have the whole set but some are better than none!

I love to explore and travel around and i'd be more than happy to show you some zones i like. Feel free to add me in game (Koobah Treezes) if you're up to it.

[​IMG]

5. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

Great tip. It took a while to find, but the Shadow's Rest near Mud has the Oracle. :) Now to find a grocery store near me.

6. Denzel

Denzel Avatar

Yew has a grocery store.

Rip Saya and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

Yesterday I found the POT accessible from inside Mud has a grocery store. :) I guess I am all set now!

Denzel and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.