People that play frequently - Post what keeps you coming back here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitz101, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

I'd like a list of things that people do that keeps them coming back on a consistent basis.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Bug hunting, decorating, trying to better my times with boss kills, socializing, leveling, fishing, collecting items, exploring and questing mostly.

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

adventuring
    trading
    sight seeing
    harvesting
    mining
    crafting
    checking public vendors
    pvp
    looking for cool spots to drop a land deed
    agriculture (on the way - gotta start up my farm but this is definitely happening)
    chatting with new players
    looking for bugs
    looking for cats that can be killed like all the dogs in the game
    looking at player vendors
    hunting for bone pieces for a set of bone armor
    linking up with other players to wreck 5skull scenes for XP

... uhm lots of other stuff too. I just placed a big ass city home and its taxes are freaking me out, but the deed was free (won in the raffle) so I felt obligated to get it in the game. I'm sorting out how to decorate it right now... but kinda clueless... may have to hire a decorator... I want everything in the place to be player crafted.

I'm not questing yet - saving that experience for launch.

I tend to spend my time doing one thing and when I get tired of that one thing... like harvesting for instance... I stop and go do something else for a couple weeks.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

SotA official forum and Discord

5. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

the pristine heads.
    When i kill something on my last few HP and have a chance to run away and heal.
    my freeshard folded, so this makes a stellar alternate
    I like the exploration and discovering big trolls and such.

THE HENDOMAN

6. moko

moko Avatar

I like the diversity of the game, I can go adventure, kill some mobs, collect resources, be a trader, a farmer, all in one day :D I also like the social aspects of the game, playing with guildmates, meeting new people at events, teaming up to hunt bosses. The community is stellar! With every release so far I'm enjoying myself more, can't wait for agriculture to be fully implemented :3 Oh, and new crafting recipes, I love new crafting recipes :D

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

The undead keep spawning and rezzing each other. We can't have that happening.

8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

What all the other above posters said. When I'm tired of grinding for xp, I can fish, make some food, water my plants, talk to my neighbors, party with my guild, explore, etc. And all this without most of the quests or storyline even in the game yet!

9. moko

moko Avatar

That sounds dangerous, nearly like a plague :D

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Where is "Here?" The Game or The Forums?

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1) this is not the same online rpg that ive been playing, and been left wanting, for the last 16 years or so, with a different set of textures. bout time, gah...

2) its got developers, writers, and producers from the team that created my favorite games of all time, and so far it feels like a game I'd expect that crowd to create.

Acred, Snazz, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I play as much as I possibly can. I love this game.

It's not ready for the masses yet, but it allows me to build my character step by step while I wait for that day to come. If it were a finished game and we didn't have large monthly changes, I'd probably find something else to do. But the game feels fresh each month and each month it gets better and better. If they keep this pace up, it will eventually be the greatest game ever made. It's already my favorite of all time, probably for that reason alone.

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Perfectly stated how I feel.

Acred, Thwip, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Well the electrodes that I'm wired up to jolt me every so often if I go too long without playing. Something about DS wanting to test negative vs positive reinforcement for game marketing.

Acred, Audacity and Tahru like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I just like being in the Alpha and helping out the next Lord British game like I did in beta for UO.

The thing I get the most excited about every week is the PvP tournament. Yes, PvP has issues that need to be ironed out but it really is fun and I can see it eventually being awesome when the game is released. PvP even now is far underrated and far to complained about. The only real issue it has is population in my opnion.

Acred, Tahru and Numa like this.
  16. zeme

zeme Avatar

Today I woke up and mined 1000 Silver Ore... it took 3.5 hours, then I looked at my gear, thought it was awful, and decided to pull all my cotton and beetle carapace offers off Ihuma's vendor and make it all into spools. Making 20 batches of spools of cotton takes 2 minutes 30 seconds each, so I cleaned up my room while doing all that occasionally babysitting the game. Then I searched for "cloth" in my bank, yolo'd all the spare gear I had until it popped for experience and accidentally pumped out a +15 Chestpiece that I have for sale in the marketplace. Now I'm at 17 for Cloth Masterworking and at 50 I get extra effects, I still have 500 silver ingots in my bank to train that. I took my 150 beetle carapace, made it into Carapacian Spools and tried to make a bunch of Carapacian Epic Cloth Legs, I managed to make 4 exceptional legs, and kept upgrading them until I was left with a +7 set that has 6 Int and 20 Health that I'm very happy with.

Currently running around collecting more beetles, killed a guy and took 2000 gold as Ransom, and next I'm aiming to craft a Carapacian Epic Cloth Helmet, my current one is cotton and only +4 :)

17. Numa

Numa Avatar

Wouldn't that make a great town invasion theme after the Xmas patch hits ;)

Acred and Tahru like this.
  18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Some people complain there's nothing to do here. I'm quite the opposite, there's always something i want to do or work towards, and that list doesn't diminish it only gets BIGGER!
    I do think that the game caters for people with imagination though, and if u are the kind of person who can entertain yourself, there's lots here for you to explore and oil your brain, but if you are a gamer who likes to be told, do this and then that and then this, i have a friend like that who can only play games which tell him what to do, he admits it himself, i don't think it is for you/they. I think that we may have a large proportion of gamers that start and don't continue, but the more people that try it and it fits right with them i think they will be as loyal to the game as many of us long term backers. Its a game for a type of gamer imo not for all gamers,. Slow growth but with a loyal and long lived player base is my prediction,
    If i cant be very active for whatever reason, i still like to be in game, AFK, just soaking it up as i do some study. The game feels like a world to me, i even like the map and the scenes, you get what u want with them when u want it. The monthly releases do keep it fresh and expands the game and keep me looking forward. Lots to do, lots to see, lots to look forward to.

19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

So many options in the game to keep me busy.
    Community
    This Dev Team
    And being part of a total gaming experience from the ground up. I want to miss nothing.

Acred, Damian Killingsworth and Tahru like this.
  20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I just like to play. Sometimes I want to just stress-down after lots of RL work, and this game has plenty of mindless tedious content. However, there are plenty of other cheaper games with that, so I also like it because it has a lot of layers and I feel like doing just about anything matters. Obviously it could use improvement, but every release just keeps on adding...

There is one other very important thing, people. I like that almost everyone I talk to is mature. Granted we are all kids at heart, there is a certain "reason" that only exist in mature people. I find that very appealing. That said, the social filter seems on the level of kindergarten because everyone is so polite and there is almost no cussing. You should hear me at work and I am an overpaid professional. ;)

I don't know what this says about me, but I play this game 80% of my gaming time and the remaining 20% is split into many pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.