move rate

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by fonsvitae, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

What exactly is move rate? The speed at which the avatar can travel? If so, other than actual movement, does it affect any combat abilities (glyph cool down or availability, casting and/ or attacking speeds)? Thank you...

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I honestly feeel like it only effects actual movement.
    I have an increased move rate.. when i run next to you, i will move faster.

Not sure how it relates on world map, but in game its pretty noticeable.

Doesnt effect casting rate, cooldowns or attack speed (as theres other things to boost those)

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  3. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Afaik move rate also increases Overworld Map travelling speed. Even mounted speed (at least it did in R35).

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Acrobatics (Light Armor, 3rd tier) includes a buff to "Armor Movement Effects" as well as damage resistance. The blurb under the skill title states "increase damage resistance and Sprint (another Light Armor, 3rd tier skill) movement effects". Upon checking Sprint, it's only benefit is a buff to "Move Rate"; nothing is mentioned re Armor Movement Effects which, per the Acrobatics blurb re the skills effects, are related. This is what leads me to believe there is more to Move Rate than meets the eye. That, or the devs aren't being consistent in use of language. Other skills that mention Move Rate (Swiftness, Berserker's and Passive Stance, various Water spells) do not state anything re Armor Movement Effects. I wonder...

There is a mounted speed? There is a mount? Other than my coconuts...

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Humm
    I also have looked at that tool tip and been kind of confused? Thats an interesting question, as your right, im not sure what the armor movement effects would actually cover.. Unless its some kinda bonuse to dodge and damage avoid from armor.. ? but that wording is terrible.
    Good question.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

leveling sprint levels the amount of time sprint lasts. leveling acrobatics levels the percent speed boost sprint gives. calling it armor movement effects, rather than sprint speed, allows for future other uses, but i don't believe there currently is one.

7. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

The percent speed boost that Sprint gives is called Move Rate. If Acrobatics is solely bringing this up, there is no need to call it anything but Move Rate w/ the added criteria that it is Move Rate only within and in conjunction w/ the Sprint skill. Calling it anything else is unnecessary. That said, it is what it is, and I do see how the naming of this does leave room for more (possibly)... but what?

Much like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop; the world may never know"... unless @Chris chooses to chime in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.