The Perfect PvP Deck

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by MrBlight, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keziah

Keziah Avatar

I don't see a way to view builds people have created here, it just lets me build a deck.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

The best PvP deck is the deck that wins, i recommend building your own deck based on experience it will be alot better that trying to copy someones build if it doesnt fit your play style. I think the way things are now with skills todays great PvP deck might be tomorrows worst. Build something to fit your play style may not win every fight you get into, but you will learn through trial and error.

fonsvitae and Alexander like this.
  3. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Never underestimate the damage of a 5 stack sneak attack as an opener..

Alexander and Crowquills like this.
  4. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Some of the best advice I received about pvp came from @Belgtor. He said,

"A large part of pvp is knowing your enemy. Big numbers will make you solid but knowing the flow of combat will make you water. Be water my friend."

I am working on having a few different decks ready based on who I am facing.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Belgtor, Alexander and Crowquills like this.
  5. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

There wont be any cookie cutter builds in SOTA. Because decks are limited in scope of what you can bring in. It all depends on knowing your opponent. Strictly speaking of decks btw. But then there is the other part of your character; the innate abilities such as resists, stats and avoidance (and block and parry if you use them). These arent things that will be part of decks but you will need to raise them. Another point about decks is how you set them up. Most people use the 5/5/18 method, but ive been watching other pvpers videos and the setup i like the most is 3 locked glyphs and 1 slot used for specials and interrupts (1 locked can be used to swap glyphs during combat), 2 sets of 2 spots for stacking dps (example: put X in slot 1 and slot 2 and Y in only slot 2, when slot 2 comes up with X, stack to 1, if its Y, shoot it, then you can succesfully stack a 5 X and not have it blocked by Y or other cards you dont want at that specific time (only works if you only have 1 spell on slot 1 and 2 spells on slot 2, more glyphs would compromise your stacking). I use this on 2 sets of 2 slots. I dont know what this would be called... I guess its the 2-2/3-1/# method?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Armar, Audacity and Alexander like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Theres not really cookie cutter builds now,
    but there is some pretty common skills being run by what i would say the majority of the higher end pvpers atm

Chainlightning
    Air Shield
    Rapid fire
    for example, im yet to see anyone not running these or some form.
    Apparenlty Torpids Torment is a pretty standard.

Body slam (for heaviers) is a must..

I mean yea theres not really cookie cutter per say, but there is definitly skills that are pretty much a must, or are becoming the standard.

Armar and Alexander like this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Yes to Body Slam. Always my first line of defense, assuming that it isn't deflected.

8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

This is very good advice.

9. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I just got a chance to play for a bit recently. Got to throw down with some old friends. Even with my disagreements with the game current state pvp or over wise. The community is still the best part by far. Now for pvp decks you will find an extensive level of development between players over time. While I personally choose the pole arm at first because I thought it looked gangsta :D flowing into a armor bypass build as I am calling it right now. Simply off of the fact I thought something looked cool then build my pvp around it. As I progressed in levels the blocks (spells) increase and changed. You keep not only what is (OP) for a patch but what you can may the most use out of for you alone. Which is my second favorite this about SOTA a feeling of uniqueness. You can't know what some one is bringing to the table by how they look. You must feel them out and respond on the fly. Which seems to be a very healthy pvp zone in my opinion.

Also @Audacity always good to see you being a positive personality in the pvp committee. Good hunting :3

Vox Aquila, Alexander and Audacity like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.