Banning from Pots should not be a thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yakamo LLTS, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

So I guess ill get straight to the point. A thief annoying an event is pretty annoying, but thus is the way of a thief.

My problem is banning a person entirely from a zone which competently alienates their game play and more personally, (Their Character as a whole) form the rest of that POT's community. I agree, i'm pretty much a naughty boy but the thing is, in order for me to keep up a thief's life i need to scower the nets, the local word and the drunken bar maid for information on your location.

Sota is an incredible game. It allows you to create structures, place houses and control land. One thing though, I believe pot owners have too much power, Example. banning someone from an entire Zone. It should be only localized to an owned LOT/house/or constructed ARENA.

pls hear me out.

Lets get passed the obviousness, that if you are in pvp whatever happens to you is your fault. Hence my ban and the goods I stole stole from you was your fault because you were in PVP mode. An eye for an eye.

But what if we were not to say, hey you don't deserve to be a player in this part of the game. You don't deserve to be in open land and test the skills that the developers have created.

<3

iansmellios and rednought like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I disagree.

My town, my zone, my privilege and right to decide who may enter and who may not.

3. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

My town. I paid for it. I will ban whomever I please.

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Regardless of opinion one way or the other, it is a tool that was delivered to the POT owners by the developers.
    Going to be hard to change that opinion as well, because its been long debated in old archived threads when it was first introduced.

Not saying I would personally take action against you for thieving in territory now and then, but my own view is pretty firm on keeping the tool around if I need to enforce action.

Solazur, Womby and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

You need to find the towns out there that allow it. Bring it up to them as event? With consequences, whatever.
    Check with event leaders before hand to see how they feel about it.

You can only be banned in a non-pvp town also. There is no banning in PvP towns.

I do share your feelings that once PvP flagged and it's allowed *shrug* , it kinda comes with the territory.

valor likes this.
  6. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

That's fine, then if so you are just going to re iterate what has already been settled? Ok thanks for the info big boy. Cant wait to steal from you in game

iansmellios likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You need to understand that player owned towns are not officially part of the world. If you go to play offline.. they don't exist. Each town owner paid extra for the privilege to own a town. They aren't cheap. Even the smallest town costs more than the majority of backers pledged. As a thief.. you can go anywhere in the world that's part of the official game where people can't ban you. Town owners have this ability for good reason.

Tamsen, Jakub White, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  8. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

By the way. This isn't UO2. Would be glorious if people got that.

Solazur and Matt Harris like this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Yah we know, this is Sims online Ultima version. We get it.

iansmellios likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

POT are Privately owned - sorry but that Is all there is to say.

If I ban you from my POT that is my choice and I can do it for any reason I chose.

Tamsen, cagle, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  11. Womby

Womby Avatar

What next? No access restrictions on homes? On chests? Same thing. If you own a "container", whether that container is a chest (holds items from your inventory), a lot (holds house and/or basement), or a POT (holds a whole community), you have a right to control access to it.

12. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You obviously have not heared of pick locks. Do you have a right to ban anyone to a skill?
    At this point, its 2 skills.

Why not understand the flaws of the system. Promote ideas?

But let me get real, you guys spent loads of money, so i cant argue too much with that

13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

There are no guards keeping you out so the ban idea is all they have. RP your ban as the guards keeping an eye out for you and keeping you out.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

simple fact they are private property and if I do not want someone there I have the tool to remove and keep them off.

It is that simple

Sorry you do not like it but . . . .

Tamsen, Womby and Solazur like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread when there's a secondary argument of pay2win injected into a completely different topic. Please keep topics on topic, do not argue to derail a thread, or they will be closed.

SmokerKGB and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.