Check back in...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olddog, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olddog

Olddog Avatar

Have they made the game fun yet? I know its in Alpha, and cannot wait until its enjoyable/fun. Been reading about some stuff they added and hopfully its playable soon

Thanks..

2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

That is subjective.

It's great for me and I am having a blast even if I cannot eat anyone.

Grimace2, Gaelis, Womby and 5 others like this.
  3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Depends on what you think is fun and how much you have paid or are willing to pay.

Ice Queen and Pikegirl like this.
  4. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

That is a very vague question.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol.
    Games awful. Absolutly hate it.
    I sit here day after day playing and hating every minute of it.
    I watch all the telethons and read alll the notes and its like sand in the eyes.
    I play and play waiting for the game to be fun. Just about broke 800 hours of no fun.

Lol i kid.
    Im still enjoying it completly, altho im running out of content hahahah.
    Game still has bugs and issues.. but yea thats a pretty vague question. You seem like the kinda person ill just say * dont bother till release date * .

monkeysmack, Gaelis, Womby and 6 others like this.
  6. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I'll freely admit that I'm addicted. I'm having a good time being bad :p

Please look me up if you decide to come join us!

Womby, Luca Xante, Lyndoman and 2 others like this.
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Depends on what your looking for, i understand alot of people enjoy it. I came back after not playing a few months last release was enjoying myself, then the newest patch came out and it killed it for me. Too many bugs like there was no QC on it. So i quit playing again ill come back in a few releases to check it out. I think they have stated they were working on some quick fixes for the bugs, but i havent logged in lately to know if they have been corrected.

Ice Queen and Canterbury like this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would recommend to try spending a few hours in 1-2 week after each release to see if the game is to your liking. I did that until Dec 2015 and that's when it's sorta playable for me.

The game can be very addicting. Even people who hate the game still frequent the forum to let everyone know how they hate the game daily. So I think we're on the right track here.

Gaelis, Womby, Luca Xante and 3 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm really enjoying it a lot. I'd say check it out. I do think you will be surprised by the progression of the game. Now if you want questing, while the love quest line has definitely undergone some polish, not all of questing is in game so that is still not there. I'm still hoping for so much more questing like tons of side quests, crafting quests, even pvp quests that send you all around the world on adventures. The world there is to explore has grown amazingly.

What I do in game is hang out with friends I've met killing bosses, exploring dungeons, and sometimes just doing harvesting and killing to collect resources. Almost everyone I've met in game are fantastic to hang around with. We all understand the game is in development and we still love so many things about it. You can plant gardens, play music, play gust ball with real gust ball dev created gust ball fields, go fishing, craft a huge array of items and so much more.

While we are out killing the troll and hanging out in between his re-spawns, someone may pull out their instrument and play us a tune, another person may pull out his fishing pole and fish a little, and then one of my favorites are the emotes we have. We can juggle, snuggle, and dancing has indeed gotten more interesting in Shrouds. You can belly dance, macarena, head bang, and more. I believe Waltzing will soon come in and I am excited to see this, yay finally since I asked for it a very long time ago.

Also the first reasons for food has come in. Eating before battle is really required, now which is lovely and was much needed, now cooks are popular people ;). So now I'm waiting for sleeping and resting bonus to come in since we can now lie on our beds as a starter.

Also beware stealing now matters and the oracle gives you $500 and 500 XP for talking to her which helps. If you don't have a home, many players will give you a bed and chest to place. I'm Majoria in game. I'd be happy to help.

Town sieges just came in and we have wandering creatures on the map that pull you into encounters but you can run away from them too or try. ;) More is coming of course for encounters, but in the meantime they are a great place to gather resources, which is what most enjoy from them. Just clear them out and farm random encounters if you only have a little while to play one day and want a few resources. ;)

When I'm in the game I am extremely busy. I created some of my party clothes chest the other day and we have amazing dyes that do all kinds of things, some sparkle, some glow, and some change colors.

Combat skills have really expanded and are so much more interesting now. Most people are loving the deck now, which I did not fore-see, but the team really stuck with it to make it a very interesting and fun way to play. And all of this is still in development with so much more coming. I am really honored to be a part of it all. So my advice is check it out and join us. True we are not done but really we are making headway. *cheers*

oops corrected fishing pull to fishing pole yikes ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Grimace2, Luca Xante and Lyndoman like this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I love the game. I'm having fun.

Womby, Lyndoman and majoria70 like this.
  11. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

Only about 200 hours in so hard to say. ;)

At this point....more fun than feeding a troll. hehehe

12. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

You sure have a lot to say for someone so green behind the ears..

Korim Rackham and MrBlight like this.
  13. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I have been here since 2014 and havent done quest yet since the last wipe.

The game sure keeps me busy, yes I am enjoying myself.

majoria70 and Korim Rackham like this.
  14. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Abandon ship!!!

15. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'm having fun and honestly have a hard time logging out lol.

Gaelis and majoria70 like this.
  16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm having lots of fun. It doesn't feel like pre-release any more. Sure, the actual story isn't in the game yet... but the game is completely playable and for me, completely addictive. Give it a try and see what you think.

Edit: Changed "alpha" to "pre-release". I don't want the "This game isn't in alpha anymore" police to arrest me.

Gaelis and majoria70 like this.
  17. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

You will just have to give it a try. My personal opinion is the game is boring and not fun at all. But as you can see some would disagree. So I would give try that's the only way to know for sure.

18. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

Haven't logged in for more then rent payments since r35.

Game is only grinding unless you find an active group so if you want to enjoy the game you should invest some time filling your friends list

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  19. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

I love it & having a blast.

I've been playing EQ since 2001. No game in all that time has been able to pry me away from EQ, until Sota.... grats Portalarium!

majoria70 and Gaelis like this.
  20. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I think it's terrible. I assume people who like it haven't played an MMO since the early to mid 2000s because the game's at a level that is so incompatible with what the rest of the market is achieving, it makes no sense to me.

And yet, every single day, I see that there are people quite clearly liking it.

As I've said many times before, I gave the game tons of goodwill for, literally, years. I can't find it in myself to give any more. It's just not a good game for what I want out of an MMO and objectively not a good game in general.

People who want to play house or dress ups or do lots of RP or think buying the latest emote, house decoration, etc, is really fun and fulfilling are no doubt having a very different experience to people like me. Good luck to them.

But in terms of whether I like it... whether it's worth it... nuh. It's horrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.