Im not Happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Death, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

Im a former UO player then darkfall and shadowbane.... im not happy with this world map and zones and then the lighted gate is the only way out of the zone are u serious.... even in wow u could walk out anywhere... it keeps u trapped in the area like a jail.... i thought this would be like darkfall all one world no loading no zones... they did it years ago and they were broke greeks... i dunno there is nothing pulling me into wanting to grind up a chr .. u talk about glyphs dude i dont even know how to add to skills its all confusion even the towns with the old skool UO letters thats just more of a hassle ... i just dont see the lazy people of today buying this game and going thru how much you have to go thru to learn how to play.... i will still play off and on but i will be amazed if this game ever goes live... so please ... amaze me.... just rantings from a piss poor pk that wants the old uo back...

M&D Baja... STL Defiance... Black Death Sweaty Meat Shine Trash...

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There is an option for no Runes but alphabetic names on OW.
    This is a instanced world and no huge Map like DF.
    You are pk? Nice, then go and grind your Ass of and watch me harvesting while you cannot attack me :D

LoneStranger and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

yea that really encourages me to play... .....lets just install insurance... lol its probly here....
    i liked uo before focus existed... focus was part of age of shadows that killed uo...
    97-01 pre aos UOR... the best years of ultima...

4. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

ill be back on weekly to chek on stuff but im not building a chr just to get wiped,and im not building a chr on a game i dont think has a chance to go live...
    i spent alot of money now they want me to put a house ... no way not till its live...

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

well let someone help you, you will have a lot more fun if you understand what is going on and the learning curve is harder now because not all tutorials and things are in game. So a few things to help you get out of places find a place to bind by talking to a town cryer in a town or use the 'f' key and add me Majoria in game. I will give you a place to stay and you can 'bind' to a building in town with a chest which holds unlimited amounts of items until they give chests and containers limits which they haven't yet. Use the 'y' key to drag glyphs onto your combat bar. then to see your skills use the 'k' key. The 'o' key is your emotes. to get out of whisper mode use the /l key and the return key to get into the chat window. use the 'z' key to get in and out of combat. here is how my combat bar looks.
    I have resurrect locked and a heal locked. my first slots are for rotating hits i want to do, i have 1 slot with rotating arrow hits like flame arrow, obsidian arrow, ice arrow for distance. It takes a few minutes to figure it out but the combat is really interesting well to me once you figure it out. To teleport you drag your teleport scrolls to the non combat bar and drag a light spell to the non combat bar since dungeons and such are dark and at night it is dark as well. Anyway whisper me in game and I'll be happy to show you many things to do.

[​IMG]
    example of a tree, you set things to train or not train and on the k key lower bottom you can see your xp pool go up or down which your use base skills draw from.
    [​IMG]

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The game is persistent and there are no wipes anymore.

Black Death likes this.
  7. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i hear 2-3 more wipes are coming..

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

well give it a chance and let me and others help you. Once you get in the know it will make life easier. ;) Nope no more wipes the Devs say.

Black Death likes this.
  9. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

i tryed to make myself like the game but the zones and world walking is just total insainy to a old uo player this game is trammel.... i duno if i can do it..

10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

not sure where you heard that... we already had the "Final Wipe"... by the way... welcome to SotA ^_^

11. Birko

Birko Avatar

I love that line, and Yanis.
    Who would have thought that this is reality?
    It makes roleplaying and fantasy unbelievable.

12. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

well thats a plus i wont be making a chr for nothing...

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm in game now if you add me. ;)

14. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

BD, there are no more wipes incoming as mentioned by @majoria70 and the other players.

Yea, if you're disenchanted with the super-slow pace of game development and whatever radical changes they are trying to put in the game to make it launch in six to nine months, take a break and come back next year. Go play some other games, read a book, watch Rogue One etc.

When SotA launches, make a sound judgement then, or just quit immediately when you see that the finished game is poop or not to your liking.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Cassandra Corax, Spoon, Beli and 2 others like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm gonna ad you right now. :)

majoria70 and Black Death like this.
  16. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

hmmm... forcing yourself to like something you don't like is not good... it will only lead to frustration, disappointment and eventually hate... for now, I suggest you follow the updates and give the game another shot when it's commercially released... ^_^

17. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

what i dont like i dont see being changed its the core of the game..... i dont like a world map and zoning into towns to save time... if u ever played darkfall u could see that a no zone giant world can be done....

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it's amazing, just show people what to do and how to do it and then they can make the call to come back later, actually the game is very playable atm and those who know can show you what to do. I've met many new people and knowing things makes all the difference to the fun they are having.

Black Death likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are actually several reasons for this:
    1. They have to deal with the limitations of the Unity engine. I don't know if a seamless world is possible now but I'm pretty sure it wasn't when development started.
    2. A seamless world would preclude player owned towns (or at least make implementing them very difficult).
    3. Ultima games of yore used a world map for travel between distant places. While this isn't a limitation, it is historically significant considering they wanted Shroud of the Avatar to be a "spiritual" successor to the Ultima games.

Numa likes this.
  20. Black Death

Black Death Avatar

this game is nothing like ultima but the gear... and the letters ........

and like i said it was possible in darkfall and they had giant towns and player owned houses towns etc.... it had boat to boat combat with a ship that took months to build ... that is what i was expecting...

not legend of zelda...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.