My Pact With Richard Garriott

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OverLord, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

The beaty of this game it is purely what you make of it. If you dont want to quest then you dont have to. You can walk out of the village go kill things and go back to the village when you are ready to log. Not into fighting but crafting is your thing, you can do that probably without ever even talking to another player or doing a single quest if thats what you like. They have the story line is there for those that want to follow it, but if not you still have the entire game to play however you decide!

2. Cazador

Cazador Avatar

I'll take 100-200 thousand devoted mature players over the million children that encompass WoW..my opinion!

Look at UO..16 years strong, even though every day,month,year you have the naysayers claiming death is approaching...

If that game still had minds like lord British still sitting atop the throne of the once glorious UO..instead of the corporate puppet Messana..there already would have been a good next gen UO already off of EAs buck..but instead we are stuck with a crap enhanced client 2 failed 3d clients and a joke of a dev team. Why do you think so many current, and former UO players are backing this game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phredicon likes this.
  3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

@Cazador - and where are those 100K going to come from? And mature? Good luck with that. You got less then 25K now. Even if it spikes after launch people are going to see a game with very limited options and too much time and effort required. Then EQN comes out and people see a turbo-charged version of this game. You get a few core RG faithful left.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

They said eppisode 1-5 will be built using the same engine. There is no promise they will continue using the same engine after that. UO ultimately created a more updated client and used it for their expansions.

If SotA does well, and they decide to go beyond the 5th eppisode, then we can expect the eppisodes that come later will be built with current technology.

5. smack

smack Avatar

That depends on how flexible and backwards compatible Unity is. They're currently using Unity 4.x. If Unity 5.0 is out, they should be able to just import their 4.x project, rebuild, and now have a 5.0 capable engine. They may get some engine enhancements for free, while others they'll need to do some tweaks or custom work to support 5.0-specific features. And yes, I'm likely oversimplifying it.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  6. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Got a notice from the Spave Venture folks over the weekend who said they are trailing behind because they are retooling to use new features in the latest version of Unity, so I guess it depends on what features they want or are planning to implement. However, Chris says all the time they are using a version not available to the public, so they are probably using the newer version already.

smack likes this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Sweet. So it's really a matter of them scheduling and budgeting to use the new features, whatever they may be in subsequent releases of Unity.

8. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Pact, OverLord. And well Met!

Edit: The furture fully backed up & bolstered heavily from the past.

© ™
    [​IMG]
    September, 1997'

9. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I know this thread is now a year old but I keep my word, and I'm in! I LOVE where Shroud of the Avatar is heading in development and so I'm in for the long haul, wow subscription canceled and SotA backed!

Thanks for the kind words, I hope our paths cross in game more than once!

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This put a smile on my face.

It's also funny that I was the first to answer you and the first to welcome you back a year later. :)

Looks like no one ever did post that video here though. I'll see if I can find it.

From over a year ago: (It's the VERY LAST QUESTION at around 1:02:00)

Spoon likes this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hey I'm pretty curious what your guild was and what rune library you ran ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.