Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No point in control points no more.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

With the decrease in the wave speed from patch 536, the risk is not worth the reward in exp, the chest nerf a bit ago, the risk is not worth the reward from those. I will make more exp solo in deep ravens, in friends then I will in a 3 person party at vauban pass, pvp flagged in multi. What is the point of control points now?

Hezro, Gatsu., Corp Por and 10 others like this.
  2. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

Seems like the devs are killing the game. Nothing rewarding.. Fun factor is very low.. Seems like they sit at the round table and discuss ways to take anything rewarding and worth doing away.. Bothers me to think that someone on the team gives the okay to squash everything.. If you haven't noticed a few weeks ago in the standup corner posts they had someone working on deepravens wood "Keith Quinn: Bugs & Siege fixes & Deep Ravenswood spawns". I take it next release that place will get spawns totally changed and the exp for the zone totally not worth it anymore. Instead of bringing other 5 skull scenes to the same as deepravens they love to cut corners and nerf the one that yields the most. They need to stop taking everything away and start giving us reasons to keep trying to improve our avatars. Only so much they can take away without having the player base move on and play other games that are worth the time and effort.

Dantuin, Hezro, Vagabond Sam and 10 others like this.
  3. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

They create what could be an amazing multi-player game .... but will not give us a single reason to group up? Can anyone give me a single reason to form a full party?

mike11, Vox Aquila, Preachyr and 3 others like this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Many of this consider this a great thing (including the devs) who dont think they were initially designed for people to pull in 1+ mil exp in an hour and get 50 GM's in a month.

5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Exp Multiplier goes up with more party members.

Laz

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  6. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

You fail to see that not any casual low level can do a control point. It took time to build your avatar and come together with like minded people to accomplish a CP.. The reward for taking the time and effort in the game to reach a point that we could hold and do a control point was rewarded with good exp and fun GROUP play. With the increase in death decay incoming it is not worth the risk for such little reward. I would rather grind in a solo 5 skull scene and gain more exp per hour with no risk of dying..

Hezro, Bum, Belgtor and 1 other person like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am powerful from hours played, not just control points. No matter what they do, you will not catch me, these nerfs effect you as well. But from a standpoint of risk vs reward, deep ravens WAY safer, more exp now too.

9. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer Avatar

• When I first heard of this, I said that there is no more point to Control Points.
    • The damage they are trying to fix/avoid has already been done. There are a lot of people that have gone crazy playing the game, they have spent 100's even 1000's of hours in the game to achieve the success they currently have. Maybe the intention was not to have 50+ GMs in a month, but unless you wipe which is a bad idea, it is too late to fix. If that was not the intention, why did it take them this long to decide to do something about it? They basically gave them 5+ months to achieve the level they currently have and then they got upset and changed things.
    • All they are doing is creating a bigger gap between those that have huge amounts of experience and a lot of GMs with those that play casual. It seems like they are going to continue to nerf how much experience we get until.
    • Those that play causally should never expect to be at the same level as a power gamer. If that is the expectation, then you might as well limit how much experience can be achieved in a single day and how much can be spent. If that happens, this game is done.
    • This should have been thought out way before the game was released to this point. This has been my point all along with Protalarium, they do not think about what is going to happen before they implement something. They go from one extreme to the other. This is UO all over again or for those that played WOW, it is the flavor of the month club. I realize this game is still in development, but even in development you do not go from 10000% down to 10%, you look at the data and adjust accordingly.
    • I have never done a Control Point and unless it changes, the likelihood of me doing one is rapidly declining. My friends who are all doing them have said they suck now. I was okay with those that do Control Points getting more experience because it was more of a risk to do them, but others did not like this approach and I do not understand why. Now I will say it again, what is the point? The loot in Control Points has been nerfed and now the experience. What nerf to Control Points or any part of the game will come next.
    • If the intent is to make this game uber hard to play, I urge you to rethink. I do not expect a game that says come here to get this quest and go kill these 12 things then come back, but at the same time I do not expect a game to be so complicated and so hard that it takes me 1000 hours (1/2 year) to learn and another 10000 (5 years) to get a obtain a single GM. Vanguard was super hard to play, it took a long time to achieve anything, materials were hard to obtain, and there was no direction and look where they are now. Yes I could be exaggerating a bit, but the point is a game is supposed to be fun and right now it seems to be almost anything but.
    • How it won best crowdfunded game for 2016 and most sought after game for 2017 is beyond me. I think the game as it currently is, is mediocre at best (Yes it is still in development). I believe this could have been a great game, but personally think that time has come and gone, there are too many negative reviews out there now and no I have not posted anywhere but here. At most this game in my opinion will be is okay. Yes there are a lot of you that think this game is great and I applaud you, but I do not. I pray that I am wrong and this game becomes one of the best.
    Sorry if I rambled on about things that were not part of the original post intent and hopefully I did not hijack this thread as that was not my intent. I know I ended up voicing my frustration about the game.

Gamician, Evadrepus, Snikorts and 6 others like this.
  10. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

I think a few devs fail to realize that the game needs to bring groups together and feel rewarded for getting together and accomplishing something.. Just like a raid boss or dungeon.. Since control points only have really high level of monster levels it takes a group of players at a decent level to "control" it. By controlling the Control Point in a group of 8 it "was" rewarding with the higher amount of exp. It made grouping up that was much needed in this game worth it. Then the Devs even tweaked the exp tables in a group to better promote such a thing.. It brought much morale in a guild setting and a better overall sense of a accomplishment to the game. When it was such a thing a few releases ago i saw very high activity.... But now with so many nerfs and making things unrewarding.. The player base has been dwindling to a low and steady decline. They fail again to realize that having so many GM's or getting a lot of EXP doesn't mean something is wrong.. People with that many GM's or Gaining a lot of exp put a lot of effort into getting to that point that we can accomplish bigger and better things then just soloing for better exp. Obtaining a lot of exp does not make a player "godly".. It just makes them slightly "single digit" percent in increased damage over the player who has a bit less in levels in that school of magic or skills.. Just let us have fun and feel like we are progressing instead of trying to halt everything and anything that people are having fun and wanting to log on and play..

Scanphor, Preachyr, May Day and 2 others like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Even in games without levels, those who play more are going to be better. For example counter strike. When I started playing counter strike, I was a real crappy player, but after 3 years of playing like 18 hours a day, sometimes 24 hours a day, I became one of the best. I even got third on the junkie list (most hours logged in) one week. Might have happened more, I just heard about it from my friend and I was to busy playing to check those stat sites.

In a game like this where there are levels, people who play more are going to get to high levels faster then a casual player. It does not matter what the exp rate, those who put in more time, are going to get more then those who don't, and that's ok. If your a casual player, accept that you are a casual player and there is going to be people who play more and get more. I can accept I might not be the best, but I don't bash people above me, call them exploiters, cry for wipes, say we need level caps around the level I am at. I ask them question politely, maybe even ask for their help.

The point of this OP is about how control points, some of the hardest fights, require a party to do, great risk, are now not worth it because, a person can do easier fights, solo, at less risk, and make more. I understand the devs think we are leveling to fast, but how about instead of still having the hard fight at great risk with little reward, toned down to match its reward, and maybe even get some of the lower people able to do them.

Belgtor, Preachyr and margaritte like this.
  12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That's what should be done IMO. Moving all of scenes to the level of the one that everyone found is the "best" makes no sense at all. It would take way more work for the devs to change all those scenes, and you get the same result by nerfing the one that's overpowered.

13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

The devs should put a month to quitting decoration development and go hardcore on core gameplay.

14. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

They should have done this a LONG time ago.

Evadrepus and GrayFog like this.
  15. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Actually 3 or 4 month would be better :p

Bum and Evadrepus like this.
  16. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I am ADV Level 94 atm. and never really did CPs.
    But like the OP says, you are "way" better off doing DR or something in "friends mode".

Group play in general is just worthless, you are way better off solo.

And let's not even start talking about "loot"....
    The current loottables are just ultra boring (no need to hunt higher stuff (The Rise for example), there simply is no point in doing so).

17. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

XP wise perhaps ..but some people are building a community where doing stuff together is fun :)

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Like Mike said, when they upped the % of grouping exp, it promoted people to party together and people did start to party together more.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, take those 3D artists and level designers and make them write hard-core low-level code.

o_O

Alley Oop likes this.
  20. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

But there is no group content besides CP and those few Bosses. Group content like dungeons or instances like in WoW is missing in SotA.

Elnoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.