Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No point in control points no more.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

All this talk is pretty confusing. People complain that its not fun anymore that the XP isn't phenomenal or the loot drop isn't worth it, and immediately say they'll just grind Solo for greater XP reward. Is a high XP return your definition of "fun"? Was that the point of the game to you? Doing what ever gives the highest amount of XP / hour? Or is it that the reduced respawn rate makes it less challenging?

Would you rather have that high respawn rate with reduced XP (cause face it they see a need balance it one way or the other) to keep it challenging for your group? Or is it all really just a case of "I don't get my awesome XP/hr anymore and I'm not happy about that".

Play the game!

2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

part of the reason there is a large amount of salt is people were selling 1mil xp per hour at cps for $$.

probably a some were powerleveling alts to sell after release.

and some other schemes to make cash.

the above is only part btw not saying all or any of the previous posters in this thread.

Numa likes this.
  3. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

I swear the people that complain about "play the game" are really low level experts and know the game in and out. They must also be doing high level control points with good gear and all the above.. I don't think you grasp the concept of the game. People want to be doing the most effective things for the HOUR or HOURS they put into the game.. I mean if you feel like wasting your time with exp and go to a level 1 skull.. Go for it! So you say it would be good for you to waste time killing a dragon and getting crap exp and crap loot.. <-- Currently how it is with dragons.. But have you even killed a dragon??? Getting tired of these level 40 forum warrior chumps who think they know it all and want to cater to the casuals!!!

My point in the game is to log on and feel rewarded with the time and effort i spend in the game... Maybe if you reached level 100+ You will see that it takes a crazy amount of exp to pump skills past 100... From 100-120 it takes so much exp for such little gain in % dmg.. I started leveling in deep ravens wood at the end of the first month from persistence.. I got from 50ish to about 97ish in level. Accordingly to Chris that was a TRUE ADVENTURER... <-- Don't even get me started on that slap in the face comment to everyone who actually got to the point of doing control points... I just want to feel like i'm getting rewarded with the time and effort i have put into the game instead of being penalized for doing so.

[​IMG]

Aldo, Dantuin, Mac2 and 5 others like this.
  4. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

It's not just black and white here. It would have to be adjusted with more reagent plants in nature. If you don't want to go out gathering regs, you can buy them at player vendors.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  5. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

This will further kill the game and halt all activity that this game has... It's already in decline the way it stands... If that was the case then they would need to take out all repair kits and such... No one wants to grind even more in this heavily grind of a game... But hey maybe you are onto something and they will just add reagent bundles in the add-on store! Seems that's all they care about nowadays..

Dantuin, Mac2 and Bum like this.
  6. Bum

Bum Avatar

Exactly! We need group content that is both fun AND rewarding; in my opinion there is currently nothing left in the game that meets that criteria. I'm not sure the devs realize how much they've done to discourage group play for high level adventurers. Control points were pretty much the only end-game group content worth doing, but no longer. In fact the current state of control points is so convoluted, that the devs may as well just go ahead and remove them from the game since no one is doing them anyway. Replace them with an ancient dragon or something else guarding the pass, at least that would make more sense.

Moreover the game desperately needs raids, group dungeon delves and the like with rewards for completion that people actually want. Maybe tokens that could be redeemed for better gear, or unique crafting components to be used in special recipes. Give us something rather than just continually taking the fun out of the game!

mike11, Numa, margaritte and 8 others like this.
  7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Take out all repair kits...a valid point. @Devs should think about.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Your missing the point. Its more fun to have a party doing something that is still beneficial. But when the things that people had to party for get nerfed into oblivion, so that is not worth partying anymore, and everyone would make more going back to deep ravenswood, where they have already spent months of time, its not nearly as fun, its boring. The reduced spawn rate only made it a little less challenging, cuz you can now be at full focus and get your buffs on between rounds, but you still need the skills high enough just to survive and be able to kill the waves, They are not reduced in hp or damage.

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

It's actually not necessary to disable teleporting in regions around the CP to make the CPs useful enough to motivate guild or group of players to secure them for safe passage. All that needs to be done is to make teleportation unreliable during specific time periods.

During this periods you could end up in a different place or goods and gold may go missing once you reach the other end. THEN holding down the CPs to allow safe passage becomes an attractive option.

A bonus would be if the astrolabe and knowledge of SOTA astronomy could be used to predict these unstable periods. Something that I think @Bowen Bloodgood would be interested in.

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am already attending the astronomy class Sunday, if this happened I would DEFINITELY attend it :).

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.