Fashion and Party Items

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sir Tim, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Would be great to have a lot of fashion swag and Party Items to get the ladies into this game.

Nice dresses and many components to dresses for the ladies to combine in different fashions. Keep them busy and not board of it. They will naturally take to the quests from there. :)

Party Items like champagne, decorative masks, candles, decorations of different types might get a few other ladies into throwing events and balls.

Im sure its been said, but never hurts to say it again just in case.

Sue D Nim and Golem Dragon like this.
  2. Cloned

Cloned Avatar

This is definitily not just a female thing. I am a male and love decorative items as well as a nice looking set of clothing. Especially since there is housing and I fully intend to spend many hours decorating.

3. God

God Avatar

As a male, i would like a wide variety of clothing also.
    I liked being able to layer clothing and armor, and being able to dye it separately in UO

NirAntae and Grayhawk like this.
  4. AuroraWR

AuroraWR Avatar

Layering clothing, oh yes please. There were so many other combinations you can make that way.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As much as I am all for making the ladies happy.. I'm afraid there will be too many technology issues with layred clothing. This however is not the same as accessories.. of which I hope there will be a great deal. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

I'm in complete agreement with God. (Um... does that sound as arrogant to anyone else as it does to me?)

Sue D Nim and NirAntae like this.
  7. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Regarding fancy clothes of various world-suitable styles and multiple combinations, there is just one rule: The more the merrier. Just as long as the immersion and style of the world is not broken. Great variety in dye options would also be fantastic.

8. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Player submitted fashion! I'm sure there are plenty of great fashion designers out there. I envision the annual Owl's Head Fashion Show; all the top designers of the realm parading their fashions on a wooden runway for the lords and ladies to oooh and ahh over!

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Would it be so cool if said artist could have gotten their garb accepted and inplemented in the game (bi monthly Owls head fashion show jam), only they would know the (10 part :D ) recepie to make it. THUS givin them exlucivity on the fashion item. Now they could teach it to others to get their garb all over the world, or keep it rare!

and then...

Masks!

Im game. *wink* @Rustic Dragon

10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

So your saying I can run around in a wife beater?

Time Lord and Maka like this.
  11. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Avatar

*Crafted by Silvermoon*
    Will the names of the designer be on the crafted items?

How is a dear sweet peasant girl supposed to get her name out in the known lands without the label on her goods that she has crafted?

Maka likes this.
  12. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

A type of hallmark has been discussed. The player creator name has been discussed. Probably a few other ways of letting the world know also.

13. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I'm a lord that likes to dress pretty too. :cool: There may be many men lords and lades that wish to done extravagant customs and show all of New Britannia there fancy balls. :D

majoria70 likes this.
  14. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I don't have a strong preference for clothing, but rather for armor that doesn't look nearly identical to men's. Also, I wouldn't want modern-day gear that looks like a woman is half naked, though I know this will be debatable by both genders. Just if it's going to be true to a certain time period (I know, it's a fantasy game, anything is possible), certain cuts in dresses or armor should be within reason. But we probably wouldn't be able to get around that entirely anyway, as my recollection was that women just stopped wearing top pieces and stood around in only skirts (or pants) and their bras (the bank sitters). :D So bras should at least be dyable, but I don't know if that's possible with a paper doll.

I also think hair dyes are a great idea, but the neon colors always got me only because they really weren't of that time period.

People have been really creative in how they make household items for decoration, stacking and dying cloth, etc. I remember folks making aquariums and even big screen TVs (so totally not the time period) and pianos. I would love to see pianos. I'd also love to see tapestries, rugs, and curtains. Plants are a pretty cool thing, and I'd love to see those as wall hangings, ceiling hangings, plant tables, trees and shrubs.

There was a huge fountain in the pre-Alpha, (bit too huge for some lots), but that would be nice. Bird baths, caged birds, birds on a stand, homing pigeons.

Costumes like for Mardi Gras (you already mentioned masks) or weddings would be great. I also love the master tailor marking, complete with the crafter's name.

Sir Tim, I finally read your signature. lol

majoria70 and Golem Dragon like this.
  15. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

One of the chance friendships I made playing WoW over the years was with a woman who's major goal was to level one of every class, all women, each one uniquely crafted in appearance (think meticulous attention to the slider bars), and to then collect a wardrobe for each.

Questing was secondary. Being one of the best pug healers I ever had was a side effect. In order to collect all the bikinis, or long dresses, or get that particular head scarf, she had to be successful at the quests.
    PvP was even less of an interest, but when an item that looked good became available through PvP, suddenly it would be "Where's that bear? I have tasty fish!"
    Her obsession improved my gaming experience.

I am all in favor of the game having options for fashion, even though I'll probably get by on the digital equivalent of jeans and a t-shirt.

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Great posting. I hope there are appropriate period fashions in SotA. Ball gowns , royal dresses, commoner dresses, etc.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  17. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

I love this idea... variety in clothing would be awesome!!!! I would love to have my heavy armor for when I am out questing, etc... but in town clothes for when I am doing crafting, shopping, hanging out in game, etc... I hope they implement some great variety.

18. Maka

Maka Avatar

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Did that guy just call me a lady! Love the ideas in this thread. Also love the way the cloth armor looked it R1. I was never crazy about wearing a dress.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

fans, parasols, those masks on a stick..

majoria70, Maka and Lord Baldrith like this.
  20. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

We need French Maid costumes and Nekomimi ears and tails.

That means we can have player run maid cafes.

Time Lord, Maka and Caska DiFumarate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.