DC to Val ore

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Randbo, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

guys, i know that changes are coming to mining so i have a big suggestion:
    colored ore from UO.
    dull copper, shadow, copper, bronze, gold, agapite, verite, valorite.
    each ore type has characteristics. for instance, copper is done already.
    the armor colors would be big time rockin!

now, how to implement it:
    2 ways mebbe.
    1. mining at 85 starts dull copper, mining 90 is shadow, mining 95 is copper, mining 100 is bronze, mining 105 is gold, mining 110 is agapite, mining 115 is verite, and mining 120 is valorite.
    2. MisterBlight suggested this---incorporate the survey skill to allow you to be able to mine these ores.

now incorporating both, you have a mining proficiency that must be met to get these ores. to get to dull copper, you would need mining 85 AND survey 85 to have enough mining proficiency to mine dull copper. make both skills add mining proficiency, or add the stat special mining proficiency to both. higher mining may enable the color if survey is a bit low. i would NOT make higher survey and a bit low mining tho.

now this stuff FORCES us to grind up mining higher than gm. THAT IS GOOD for crafters.
    gives us something to do beyond gm. being that its very hard to get to 120, that would make legendary mining a nice 6 month or longer goal for players. I would go for it.

make verite and valorite very special metal. do note that they will be RARE AND there will be no valorite runebooks.
    i figured you guys will be making all mining spots iron and then adding the colors per UO. you guys already know how to do that. keep in the nickel, tungsten and tin too for the existing special metals.

anyways, what do you guys think?

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Also will add with the logic that survey and mining actually determins what you pull out, the mining nodes can almost be generic across the board.
    So when im in a 5 skull mining a node, with 120 , 120 skill, i have chancr of gettn higher end ore, as opposed to the guy doing same node at 80 , 80.

This will cause actual ezploration instead of people spending 90% of their time in 1 place just to get the one thing they are after.
    Theres hundreds of zones in the game , but not much reason to go to more then 15 of them from adv level 1 - 100. Thats not good.

They definitly should incorporate higher end materials that actually require real push to be able to A - gather, B refine and C - produce with.
    While you can still do EVERYTHING if you want to be that purely self sufficient guy, making some real demands in skill level will actually start causing some playrr to player trade/ eco boost.
    Has to be something like this incorporated in near / future or im not sure how they plan on making crafting viable, while still expecting a market for anything.

And yea the ore types from uo are a perfect example of all the options they can add.

3. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

time for friends to tag team here. haha
    blight has a GREAT IDEA. no fixed ore types, a chance to score a color based upon your mining proficiency, WITH survey being the unlock skill for each color, 85, 90, 95, ect.

this means that you wont have to make an ore map. i would make valorite only available with 120 survey minimum and the mining proficiency only attained with mining at 120 as well.
    121 survey could get you valorite with 119 mining. 122 survey with 119 mining, 123 survey with 118 mining. stuff like that.

now all of this means REAL trading and REAL crafting with player vendors very active selling this special stuff.
    keep in mind how hard it is to make exceptional epic plate armor rare high end metals.
    chain armor would become useable with high metals.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Of coarse this all comes down to whether they are planning on implementing a wide vatiety of resource types.

Hard to say as they r keeping the crafting going forward to hush hush.

If anyone has any idea what their plans might bw going forward , id love to hear em

5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Problem with that system is that Portalarium assigns a risk/reward to the more challenging areas...so more higher Ore in more higher dangerous areas. Your proposal blows all that up, people would just camp the random/roving overworld spawns where there is no risk.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Not at all.
    I still propose they make higher end stuff only drop in higher end zones, but you just require the survey and mining to get them.
    Ex - a 1-2 skull only yields iron, but if skill is high enough itll also yield copper.
    3-4 = starts to add in a chance to yield gold and silver as well, dependant on your skills.
    5 -6 = starts to incorporate bla blah .. etc etc.

(edit after you read below paragraph ) = - They would even be able to throw a tiny tiny chance of a higher end ore dropping in one of the 1 skulls here and there. just to spice it up.
    Gives them lots of options.

I want them to branch away from 1 AREA having 1 type and thats it.
    So this would prevent someone from camping a 1 skull to get shadow ore or w.e.

By generalizing all the nodes across the board, this would mean that people have no more reason to camp 1 zone all day, then explore. I even propose they go one step further, and randomly adjust by small factors the drops , and have them change randomly.
    Example - This zone, being a 5 skull.. and my survey / mining is 200/200 ... i have a small chance of getting any type. But maybe for 3 days they tweaked it so shadow ore seems to drop 5% more often then the other stuff. Maybe DR today (or next 2 days) actuallly yields more valrite then shadow. even a 5-10% adjustment as long as they keep it relativly moving around, would encourage gather focuse people to actually explore and try differnt areas on a regular basis
    . Maybe reward the gatherers looking for that little bit of an edge.
    Gathering up some enough to make a shadow ore sword might take a ton of time solo.. but this IMO would encourage player to player trade. And actual advantages to specializing in a specific gathering tree, instead of the current state which is everyone being self sufficient.
    This doesnt change the fact if u wanna dump 10x the effort into being a jack of all trades, you can still do it, but you definitly would need to devote the time to it.

There are a lot of ways they can implement this to make the WHOLE gathering, crafting, refining aspects more interesting, and actually cause an economic boost, and better long term goals for gear and market then whats in play. And this is just a rough idea .. it would need some balancing obviously.

I even propose that Randy's numbers are him kinda low balling it.
    It takes less then a week to be a GM miner, I propose they adjust accordingly and higher.. But at least by spacing out a wide variety over the grind, it adds some depth to the game.

Lets be honest. I can list 15-20 zones that can take you from Adv 1 - Adv 100, and include the zones needed to get the max yield of the materials to make any/all current types of armor in the game, to fit your build.

15-20 zones.

Theres something like 45-55 zones south of desolis alone (about 1/4 of NOVIA ) .. theres currently no reason to even go into a lot of zones. This would alter it slightly , instead of everyone camping the same 15 zones, for the same rez.

I also dont see how without implementing something like this, crafting is going to be viable in any way across the board past 100.
    Their implementation of bone armor was bad IMO. The stats on it are garbage. And even tho its the highest end mobs in the game, people had whole sets done in under 24 hours. And its not like it was *Master skinners* who had to skin the phoenix for example, anyone with 40 skill could do it. It also wasnt like no one could craft the bone armor either.. (especially with tools bypassing a mass amount of required skill)

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I forsee more materials in the future (new metals, silk and flax, gator skin, dragon scale etc)

But i dont think that stuff will get here before episode 1, which means its a perfect time to brainstorm and archive :D

8. codedragon76

codedragon76 Avatar

I think they are also hoping to make mats regional for sourcing. I.E. only the vale has x,y,and z source mats. This negates the idea of level based gathering. That said, skill level should have a lot more effect on the quickness and amount of mats gathered. You could also introduce the concept of grades of source material. Poor, standard, grade a etc.

9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Totally love the idea of different ores. And i would love to see the survey and swift gathering and such be put to better use as well. I just dont understand why WHY they dont use the landscape they have in place to add more. I said this in another post that it makes no sense to not have ore nodes everywhere. Heck even if it spawns randomly would be better than nothing. Run through a mountain scene and not see any ore at all is a bit strange to me. Heck if they would implement this people might be more apt to go into those zones and gather resources. I would. Just makes sense to use what is already in place and just plot out some more nodes. Same for trees and other resources. If i go into a zone that has tons of streams and rivers i would expect to see black pearl spawns. I would expect in zones that are named "WOODS" to be full of trees to harvest.
    They want everyone to play multilevel....yet you go into areas to harvest and they are depleted due to folks harvesting. The respawn isnt keeping up with the demand. Several times i have seen folks out gathering trees and I have walked around them and not made the mad dash to harvest it first. I usually just leave and come back later.
    As for economy.....this will never balance out. Everyone is out for themselves to start and then out to stock their vendors....which i have yet to find any decent vendors. If i could do that I might consider backing off on a couple of my crafting skills if it meant to help others out....but as it is right now I cant find what i need and usually just try to make my own. Self sufficiant has become the norm now. Hopefully it will get better.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

not gonna happen they had two ores that had no use and instead of giving them something worth while, they just turned them in to more grind resources used to make stuff and added them to recipes that already existed. So instead of getting more creative and expansive they just shrunk it down and decided to leave it with 6 metals - enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.