Access Nested POTs from Overworld

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by benhat, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhat

benhat Avatar

Hi,
    since we are seeing more and more nested POTs, partly because they are cheaper to get, and also you can't put a million towns on overworld, and obviously the game gets richer in playercount, i would like to make this suggestion.
    Another argument is clearly the loading times. I don't know how they will change in the future, but having to load 4 times instead of 2 times (if go in and out "regularly") is a big hassle. What if you just want to access the nested town?
    From a business standpoint it would also make the nested towns more attractive to players. Not only for buying the POT itself, but also for players that are looking for homes or trading opportunities.
    Finally i think it would just be a nice feature without needing any arguments.

My suggestion would be this:
    Currently when you approach a town the popup shows the townname and "enter" in the middle of the screen. Make a seperate vertical list of nested POTs just at the side of this popup with "enter" options for each one. Make the main towns name bigger in some way maybe.

I don't think it will mainly have any disadvantage from a gamedesign perspective. People who just want to visit nested will do so anyway.
    Honestly... until now i didn't even think about visiting nested POTs. But maybe that is just me.
    With a direct access menu, and therefore visibility improvement, it would do them good.
    Not the least because of loading times, too.

I know this all sounds a bit onesided in arguments, but i can't think of disadvantages right now honestly.
    I am happy to hear feedback.

Baratan, Numa, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  2. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Sounds good

Leelu likes this.
  3. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

... or they could have the wagons and balloons that lead to the nested POTs on the perimeter of the towns on the overworld map and allow folks to click on that to access those POTs. It would definitely shorten the amount of load screens required to get to a nested POT. Mousing over the wagon or balloon icon would then reveal the POT name instead of having to deal with another menu eyesore window.

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.