Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I have to say that it took me a while to set my heart on these select features:
    ???
    Unlimited Player Housing Areas- if someone creates a character, a house slot becomes available specific to that character and cannot be overwritten by someone who simply has more houses in pocket.
    ???
    <b>Clothing Clothing Clothing and more Clothing-<b> I cannot emphasize enough the importance of several combinations of fashions and dyes, leather dyes. More importantly the choices should make each character unique in styles and selections. Often in UO, I was forced to wear a Corset to cover up parts of the neckline that were exposed, which annoyed me considerably. Our male characters should not be forced to wear women's clothing just to satisfy missing neck part of a robe. oh and HATS lots and lots of Hats please.
    ???
    <b>Bound inventory items-<b> please let me keep my stuff when death happens. Having to run back to an empty corpse is no fun, at all, and not rewarding to crafters traversing the world.
    ???
    <b>Random item drops, from random creatures-<b> random drops means that no particular area of interest is swamped by people spamming spawns to obtain one particular item. It is no fun to walk into a group of 10 people who all want a particular item and, consequently, never have a chance to obtain it. Random item drops means even play throughout.
    ???
    <b>NPC Marriage!-<b> I have a girlfriend who will never play RPGs ever. To have an in-game wife at the house to protect, and to cook, clean, whatnot would be nice.-not sexist at all huh?- oddly enough it would be satisfying. and having a real person as a wife in the game is not an option for me.
    ???
    <b>Mounts/Taming-<b>
    <b>Equal Opportunity Housing Availability-<b> lol. reference to first one.
    <b>Quiet Tranquil Hangout Spots-<b>
    <b>Tavern/Bar/Meeting place-<b>

?(?????)?

DavenRock Dragon
    ---===|UDIC|===---

Time Lord and Isaiah like this.
  2. Owain

Owain Avatar

I would think full loot PvP would be supported by crafters. As an Anti-PK, you guys are the ones I will be coming to for resupply in the event of my death.

3. Siwar

Siwar Avatar

A full virtue system.

4. Fluvius

Fluvius Avatar

* Masonry Skill: Inside your plot, you can build everything you like, just like Minecraft/The Sims, using building resources.

derek6665 likes this.
  5. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

A mayor system for villages/cities/town with game play effects.

jondavis likes this.
  6. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Thanks,

I have posted what I would like on other posts but to consolidate it together I will repeat it.

I would like to see boat travel, horse travel, wandering monsters that either fight or barter, wandering merchants, healers, monks, etc. Maybe someone is running from a town or dungeon and running across you ask for your assistance.

Weather effects on water like waves, storms, whirlpools, water spouts. Sea monsters.

Dark, musty, dank, claustrophobic dungeons lit only by torchlight.

Boy, with a game like this I can go on forever!

Oh, I forgot the duck! When asked would you like a duck, well, you get a live little duck!

SilverSerpent

jondavis likes this.
  7. deathbyrd

deathbyrd Avatar

Love to see a "Hidden Town" like Dawn in Ultima 4 that appears only once a week or once a month at a specific and only lasts for a short time. Hopefully this town would offer up great quests and items.

jondavis likes this.
  8. Anuuk

Anuuk Avatar

A few things I'd most like to see...

* Housing in all modes (including single player)

* Player owned shops inside their houses

* Aside from the player driven economy but also include game driven economy so NPCs can buy at a lower price any item that players can't sell to each other. This would also give a way to get something back for all the unwanted crafted items.

* Allow for breakdown of any crafted item back to its original resources.

* Fishing in lakes, rivers or ocean

* Crafted fishing poles and lures (harder to craft lures catch harder to catch fish)

* Boat Crafting

* Ability to find a note in a bottle that leads to buried treasure

* Cartography skill (allows for a fragment of a tile in the world to be saved to a hand held map)

* Full cooking skill with tons of recipes and the food in the game to have extra perks other than simple nourishment.

* Poison crafting (poison tipped arrows, poisoned food)

* Trap crafting (for PVP and PVE)

* Tracking Skill for humanoid, animal and monsters (Like in UO)

* Small mini-games like chess, backgammon, checker boards

* Complex crafting process to open up many options on what final outcome can be.

* Cloth and leather dying tubs (like in UO!!)

* Full farming/gardening for growing of food and cotton for clothes and tobacco for smoking (perhaps have large public farming where anyone could grow crops for everyone to use) but also on purchased housing plots big enough to have a private farming area

* Music skill (For harps, Pianos, flutes, etc...)

* Taming skill (So I can have a dog named WooWoo!!) hehe

Could go on and on.. but will stop for now..

edupa and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  9. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

No Mayors or Patriarchal sociological city owners. The city should be fluid and respected by all, not having just one "respectful" mayor.

Lord British Rules All!!!

Besides, Democracy didn't exist in this pseudo-era. This world should not be such.

Isaiah MGT470 likes this.
  10. Sawtooth

Sawtooth Avatar

Unlike UO (which remains very dear to my heart), I would appreciate it greatly if houses are SECURE.... i.e., other players cannot enter my home in the middle of the night and trash/steal my belongings through the use of one bug or another. (This was VERY frustrating in UO, but we have come along way since UO launch, so I am assuming that non-buggy, secure housing would be easier to program than in days gone by.)

11. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

Laying down in beds! My biggest disappointment with UO was not being able to lay down in a bed.

derek6665, lizardchunk and jondavis like this.
  12. Visceral

Visceral Avatar

Darkness at night, *especially* on the overland map. If you don't have a torch equipped, visibility needs to be *very* reduced to maybe just a few surrounding tiles. Makes travel at night dangerous..and fun.

Night only mobs.

Ships. Lord, how I want ships.

Hidden sites. By this I mean, things that don't show up on the overland map, but should you search a tile/hex, you'll find a lost dungeon, town, etc. Make searching for stuff fun, more rewarding.

Someone mentioned weather and water effects. I love the idea of whirlpools, etc if we have ships. Maybe even ship-wrecking for those unfortunate to run into ill weather while sailing. Sail into a whirlpool or bad weather at sea and don't/cant' avoid it? Do a check to see if the ship survives every few turns. If it doesn't, do another check to see if you die outright or even up on the closest land, minus some health and maybe a few items. Maybe even get stuck on an Island and require someone to help you off!

13. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

Crafting, but in a way that it is neither a resource and time waster. Most systems seen always include a mass of useless crafted items always resulting in long resource grinding.

14. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

Unique names, and Kickstarter people allowed to reserve one name for a player Avatar.

15. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

It's been stated that most scenarios are 3-30 minutes in length. I hope there are multi-level dungeons, that take much longer to complete.

16. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

Also while in dungeons, lighting should be be pitch black, without a light source or light spell.

17. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

* voice chat ("say"range) with fonts (shaped).

18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Here is my wishlist:

- NPC schedules. NPCs stand up in the morning, break their fast, go to work, work, go to a pub in the evening and afterwards go home to sleep.

- NPCs with their own personalities and agendas like in Ultima 7.

- Companions which are more than henchmen. They should have their personalities and agendas, too, betray me, romance me etc. Similar to the companions in Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate.

- Day/Night cycle with great lighting-effects and different enemies you can encounter during day and night.

- Weather-effects like rain, thunderstorms with lightning striking down from above

- Much more detailed map view with higher-res textures, more plants and objects, different kinds of trees, more animals roaming around, cloud shadows from clouds high above as well as small low-hanging clouds drifting by occasionally.

- Smooth but fast transition between map view and scenario view. Camera zooms down a bit in map view, a fog appears, the scenarios view loads, the fog lifts, the camera zooms further down and you can take control of your hero and switch to third- or first-person perspective. Same with leaving a scenario.

- Camping. You can set up a camp in the wilderness which lets you regenerate health faster. But you need to set up guards, otherwise there is a chance to be ambushed. The camp should look really atmospheric with the party sitting around a campfire, roasting some meat and someone playing the lute etc.

- Moveable objects. You should be able to move objects around by clicking on them and using drag and drop. This way you could decorate your home individually and you could find hidden items behind or underneath objects.

- Cities that look different from each other for example like the tree-city of Yew from Ultima with houses in trees.

- No glowing borders around objects you can interact with or around enemies. Also no health bars or names above heads.

- Ships with ship to ship-combat like in Ultima 4 and 5.

derek6665 likes this.
  19. Lord Silver

Lord Silver Avatar

What features I would like to see is the feel of the " Real "in the game. When I beta tested Ultima online and even in the early years of the game, it felt so real, your world was created by you ! Was it dangerous to your character to go out side of town? Yes, was it thrilling? Oh heck yes it was! Dont take that "real world" feel out of the game by stiffling the this player can do this because he is good, and that player cant do that because hes bad....In the real world there is good and evil, so sould be in game. Pks are needed to keep the Thrill of the game alive. When they took the precast from the mages you saw a WHOLE lot of Veterans leave the game because they were messing with the dynamics that we so dearly loved. Keep it real even tho there will be alot of upset people. I remember being upset and walking away only to get so angry I had to get back into the game for revenge ! It made it so exciting. Take mining for example, the most precious metal was found way away from town, it was dangerous to go out there and retreive it...BUT...when you did you felt you had accomplished something. Plus it made it so much more valuable. I just cant wait till this game is out. I know its going to be for me...another 15 yrs of hobby, entertainment, and excitement ! Thanks

FahQ likes this.
  20. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Lessened or no rotating camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.