Declaration of War on all Pretenders - R38

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gideon Thrax, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Whatcha doing right now? I have time - shoot me (Gideon Thrax) a friend request... Make sure you're in multiplayer and flagged and please have all your buffs applied - I like it when the fight lasts a while.

Thadeus Crook and Audacity like this.
  2. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I assume if you have a flag turned on it's cause you want to rumble. Don't wave a red cloak in front of a bull unless you want it to charge at you.

/ waves a red flag at the world

3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Did I miss something? There is actually a daring part to gearing up in store bought/ rewardsand filling a backpack full of junk? 1 of the many things that need fixed.

No didn't miss anything, aggressor when a player is flagged is still a murderur unless they are hunting murderers based on the amazing virtue system where actions have consequences. Ohhh... wait needs fixed to.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

[​IMG]

5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

// MISSION REPORT

Flagged player with 17 GM skills flees PVP scene when attacked by Daring Adventurer with no GM skills. Player was caught farming Obsidian Golems for relics - admitted his crime and stated his build was not PVP ready (even though he was flagged).

// HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Duke Avery. I commend you for what you are starting here. Big picture I see is two different PVP groups forming. Murderers and Murderer Hunters. Take it a step further and announce where your group plans to "Adventure" and the other group can meet you there. The beginning of non-guild wars seems to be in the works. R/Boris

Duke Avery and Bow Vale like this.
  7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Did I tell you yet, it was me who killed Lord British?

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Not all of us are running around with an inventory full of junk while wearing store items.

I actually hardly kill anyone. Not only am I incapable of doing so due to my build but I'm honestly just looking to pick some pockets and brawl whenever I'm spotted. It's funny because people feel bad after killing me and I'm like: "... no dude! That's why I'm here!"

Coincidentally, most of my encounters have cost me 900g each.

Audacity likes this.
  9. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Seriously? You're the guy that snuck in a cheap shot when LB's god-mode wasn't enabled? hahaha - wow! CONGRATULATIONS!

I'll be the guy with no GM skills and a bow when I take your skull.

Alexander, discipleofweb and Audacity like this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It's been a busy couple of days - I have funds enough for raffle tickets and a guild right now just from patrolling grind scenes. If anyone would be interested in an organization sworn to the protection of Daring Adventurer scenes, I'd be happy to launch a guild.

Of course, it'd need a snappy name. :)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

[​IMG]

Super guild should have a super name!

discipleofweb and Duke Avery like this.
  12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Ha! but seriously... maybe if it was Super Best Friends!

Locking down adventure scenes for only those who prove themselves worthy and smiting all others and using their gold to buy raffle tickets that we might build our own city someday in Blood Bay.

13. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

You could call it The Daring Adventurer Scene Protectorate (D.A.S.P.)

Duke Avery likes this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Hah just realized i actually have you on friends list avery.

Props to you for trying to generate some PvP action.
    While i personally dont see the big picture for pvp in this game, i commend you for being someone who tries to generate content.

Im back on regularily, maybe ill jump in with ya, or against you. Depends on the mood that day :p .
    Be sure to try some of my ORC guys if you see em flagged. They like a good scrap.

Duke Avery likes this.
  15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

By admitting this crime, you sign your warrant of death.
    Your death will come at the most unexpected moment. Just be patient.

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

This is a work in progress - just finished up with the guild registrar.

new guild: Blood Nation - Sworn to protect all forced multiplayer scenes and adventure scenes from unauthorized access and the exploitation of resources by flagged pretenders.
    purpose: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX Blood Bay XXXXXXXXXXX Adventure Scenes XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX.
    values: Speed and Aggression
    ... more to follow

Blood Nation is a SotA wide organization that acts to change attitudes and behavior, to control and collect vital resources and the integrity of the Daring Adventurer through sanctioned violence and conflict

Catalyzing a PVP Revolution to address the number one threat facing our game: pretenders

Defending our Forced Multiplayer Scenes by challenging all unauthorized attempts for access and policing the exploitation of vital resources in controllable areas

Working Towards Meaningful PVP by reducing dependence on developers for fun/meaningful PVP gaming mechanics and further promoting the absolute eradication of pretenders from all forced multiplayer scenes

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  17. Silis

Silis Avatar

I hope you stake claim to Blood Bay, would love me a good war.

18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I have a deed reserved :) now just waiting on the ability to set a marker.

Boris Mondragon, Silis and Audacity like this.
  19. Silis

Silis Avatar

[​IMG]

20. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

Breaking News Alert:

Gideon Thrax's (aka Duke Avery) seismic move to form an anti-pretender guild ushers in a wave of violence across New Britannia! As the tears continue to spread across our fair land, pretenders everywhere are left with a sense of bewilderment and lost hope.

Notice how one such pretender has been adversely affected. (For the duration of this interview the person involved will be referred to as 'Pretender' so as to protect their identity)

• Interviewer: What did you experience on the night of October 22, 505 PC?

• 'Pretender': "I was taking a leisurely stroll in the woods with some of my friends minding our own business. We were all wearing our flags thinking nothing of it. We used to do that often." She laughed nervously as she said this, but then continued, "Now I will admit we may have accidentally killed a wolf or two collecting a 'bonus' whatever that means. But like I said we weren't really bothering nobody. Then all of the sudden a madman burst out of the trees and began to attack me and my friends! Two of my buddies freaked out and ran away immediately, and my other friend tried to pull out a weapon, but it was to late. I couldn't move. It was like a nightmare."

• Interviewer: "Horrifying. Could you tell us anything about your attacker?"

• 'Pretender': "Like I said it happened so fast. All I remember is that he wasn't wearing pants."

• Interviewer: "No pants?"

• 'Pretender': "Yes. No pants. He was wearing one of those skirt things."

Could this have been the work of Gideon Thrax himself? Or simply a copycat that is taking advantage of the confusion? And when will the senseless violence end? Only time will tell. Sadly first hand accounts like this are becoming all too common and increasingly disturbing in nature.

But in the meantime, Captain Cugel, head of security in Ardoris, recommends that all residents of the Perennial Coast exercise extreme caution while 'flagged' staying aware of their surroundings at all times. The security heads of the other regions throughout New Britannia have yet to make any official statements on the crisis.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.