Declaration of War on all Pretenders - R38

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gideon Thrax, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alatar

Alatar Avatar

Hehe. I also have been known to farm PVP zones for relics. I have 4 GMs (And my Carpentry Grand Master should frighten all of you!). I don't think my build or deck is really a good PVP deck, but I won't run from at least 1 fight. That is the real risk of being in a PVP zone after all. Otherwise go into Friends Only and hunt Hilt.

Jonah Hayes, Audacity and Duke Avery like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Breaking News Alert:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this so called "war on pretenders" is just a way to justify ganking people that aren't looking to fight.

I technically don't gank, so I am personally declaring war on Blood Nation because I need an excuse to gank people as well. I mean really, how hard can it be to kill some guys in pledge gear? :D

Keep on pretending people I will protect you!

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

You nailed it buddy, congrats! :)

Yes, ganking people that are flagged for PVP for the sole purpose of grinding is exactly what this war is about. Whoo... for a minute there I thought maybe I wasn't representing the intention of all this properly; thanks for the feedback. :)

4. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I want to war someone! I'm feeling left out.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

There are only two genuinely daring things in SotA: masterworking and enchanting.

6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Hear! Hear! Womby!
    There's nothing like the gut-wrenching apprehension of committing a well crafted item to the vagaries of masterworking and enchanting! Will it succeed? Will it fail?
    Then... the utter euphoria of success washes over you and you breathe a deep sigh of relief and contentment..... or if things go very badly... your heart sinks in abject horror as that wonderful item turns to a nothing more than a pile of scrap!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  7. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I see the fun in all this, but I am a bit confused. As a recent person to dip his toe into PVP.. how do you know what I am doing in a scene.. wether I am pretending or not? I am an up and coming adventurer and need supplies and farm list the rest of them. So now you are just going to purposely go after me because I am flagged and do not meet your "standards"? This doesn't seem like a good way to win people to your side.

Are you one of the few good players I have met that request a fight, or start a fight legitimately - which has actually encouraged me to stay flagged? Or one of the recent ones that sit at the scene entrance and pounce as you step in before you can even buff up or cosume anything?

This seems like the wrong approach, but I could be wrong.

Adam Crow and Spoon like this.
  8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'll know if you're a pretender after I attack you. If you run away, you're a pretender. If you stand your ground - we'll be PVP pals and go on glorious bloody adventures together.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Aside from imposed dimeaning labels like "pretender" i think this is exactly the kind of thing that 10% bonus intendedto incite. Guess it's working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.