Buff and glyph range notifications

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Innascual Inch, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Suggestion for two in-game notification systems:

Buff/DOT Expiration Notifications

The icons under you health/mana bars that show the effects that are on your character are too small to track during combat. We need effect expiration notifications.

How about text that floats up from your characters head that notifies you when an effect on you has expired. The same type of notification can pop up from any mob/player on which you have placed a spell/effect. For example, a rend on a mob, or a buff on a player.

Notifications of positive effects expiring could be in red text, negative effects in green to denote their positive/negative consequence.

Glyph range notifications

We need a way to know when a glyph is out of range of our target, especially now that focus regen has been reduced. This will help everyone - from ranged and melee DPS to healers to conserve our mana and better understand range.

How about something simple like displaying a red x in the corner of the glyph on your bar when the target you have selected is out of range of that glyph.

majoria70 and firesparx like this.
  2. Borg

Borg Avatar

I agree that buff icons are too small but I would suggest no more words or numbers on screen please.
    I would rather prefer visual effects like Crystal shield or Root do.
    We already have enough distraction having to pay attention to dynamic deck. Tracking those tiny icons in top left corner of the screen is quite annoying.
    About buf/debuf/dot icons I would also suggest to group them in different rows, one row for buffs, one for debufs, and one for dots, that would at leats make
    a lot easier to track them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.