Star Citizen/SotA Limited Time Promotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astrobia, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Hey there virtuous people.

Here's a bit of bargain for you all to take advantage of... But the offer expires tomorrow night at midnight so get in quick!

As some of you know from my activity on the chat and this thread https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/of-crossbows-and-star-citizen.2447/
    I've been offering to help SotA backer get exclusive early backer packages for star citizen at a discount. This promotion is about to end (in less the 48 hours left at time of writing). In addition to this I'm going to be offering a bonus to people who are willing to increase their SotA pledge while this is going on. Read on for the details...

Basically because I am an original backer of Star Citizen I have the privilege of being able to purchase exclusive packages at a discounted price and that (more pertinently) come with life time insurance (LTI).
    LTI is not a game braking advantage as all ship packages come with standard insurance, which lasts for months and can be renewed with in game currency... It is however a nice convenience, comes with an exclusive gold badge for your ship hull, means you will always have the ship you paid for to fall back on in hard times and as you will simply be unable to get it going forward makes your ship an appreciating asset.

Thanks to RSI's extensive pledge upgrade and gifting system I am able to both purchase these packages on behalf of other people and also melt down and convert their existing ships into the LTI equivalents and I've been offering these benefits to SotA backers for no charge to encourage them to take advantage of the SotA crossbow cross promotion.

As a reminder that promotion is anyone who pledges $50 to both SotA and SC ($40 for those who backed both games before May 20th) will get an excuse item in each game from the others universe. The David "Iolo" Watson Crossbow from the founders adventurer package is the item you will get in SC allowing you to fill you enemies with crossbow bolts in both worlds.
    But it's recently come to our attention there is a slight catch with this promotion as I'll explain below.

Now I mentioned I can get these packages for SotA backers at a reduced prices, For example a digital freelancer package for $110 instead of $125. The way this works is the buy send me the money via paypal (covering fees on their end usually coming to a couple of dollars) and I use it to buy the LTI package and gift it to the email address of their choice. I've done this for numerous people here who I'm sure are happy to vouch for my trustworthiness. The catch that I mentioned is it turns out packages received in this way do not count towards your total amount spent on Star Citizen, in fact unless you buy something else you don't even get backer status. This means you won't qualify for the crossbow promotion. :-/
    For those who just want the discount and aren't concerned about the crossbow I'm still happy to provide this service to SotA backers. For those interested in the crossbow there is an alternative.
    If you already bought a SC package or buy one now you will get the full value of that package credited to your account, if you then gift it me I can melt it down for store credit, buy the LTI package and gift it back to you. No discount but you get LTI and the crossbow.
    What happens to the extra credit? Most people are so happy to get LTI they usually just let me have it as a gift. I'm not particularly comfortable with that but this used to be a serious pain to do as there was 24 cool down on melting down packages which left people in the lurch wondering if they were going to get their ship back. So I've been using the credit to stay ahead of the curve on the 24 cool down, and buy packages for people right away so they don't have to stress knowing the credit will return when I melt their package 24 hours later, the more accumulated the more exchanges I could process in a day.
    Now we've come to the end of the promotion...
    that 24 hour cool down period seems to have been lifted
    EDIT: (This is apparently wrong and the 24 cool down of recently purchased ships is still in effect, that means you you want to go this route you have to get it done by tonight).
    and as I've been able to buy most the addons I want and have some credit left over I've been thinking how can I channel this back into the SotA community and this is what I've decided...

For every person who pledges $10 or more to SotA and forwards me their purchase confirmation email I will gift a $5 ship skin of their choice using the remaining SC credit after the promotion ends. One per person, first come first serve. It can be pledge packages or a store addon (Those unbreakable prosperity items sure look attractive don't they?), if you happen to spend more then $45 and want to give me a referral (backer ID# 2150) that would be super awesome of you I seriously doubt it bump me up pledge tier, but unlocking that unique tameable would be nice), but don't feel obligated if you have a friend that could use it more as I wont give you any preferential priority because you do, first come first serve. I think this is the best way I have at my disposal to help both games get a little extra out of both communities (though I am open to suggestions).

Now here are the details, the star citizen discounted pledge packages are as follows:
    Digital Scout LTI Veteran: $30 (No alpha/beta access)
    Digital Scout LTI Original: $35 (More expensive, but includes alpha and beta access, making it equivalent to $5 off the $40 mercenary package)
    Bounty Hunter LTI: $60 ($5 off)
    Digital Colonel LTI: $110 ($15 off)
    Digital Freelancer LTI: $110 ($15 off)
    Digital Pirate LTI: $110 (Not normally available, Includes all the contents of the digital colonel or freelancer, but replaces their ship with the $100 pirate pack addon)
    Colonel LTI: $125 ($15 off)
    Freelancer LTI: $125 ($15 off)
    Rear Admiral LTI: $250 ($25 off)
    Vice Admiral LTI: $500 ($50 off)
    High Admiral LTI: $1100 ($50 off)
    Grand Admiral LTI: $2500 ($200 off)

You can look at the equivalent non LTI packages on the SC website here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ to see there contents and purchase them if you want to be eligible for SotA crossbow, if you go this route the discount prices above will amount to the number of $5 skins you are contributing to encourage people to pledge more to SotA and as an extra bonus if you do go this route since you are drumming them up I will let you skip the queue and reserve you one of them if you do decide to pledge more to SotA as well.

Anyone wanting to grab one these skins make you SotA purchase and forward the confirmation email to edufunment@gmail.com and include the name of the skin you want.
    The skins you can choose from are:
    False Colours Skin (red)
    Shut up and take my money skin (blue)
    Exploration Skin (yellow)
    Military Skin (green)
    Blackbeard Stealth Skin (black)
    and the Electro skin hull module (which lets you effectively switch between any 3 skins you have stored on the ship while in flight)

Other then those who skip the queue for contributing by having their ships converted to LTI the skins will be handed out on first come first serve starting from... NOW! So get to the SotA pledge store and buy some goodies. :p

Those interested in getting discounted LTI packages or getting existing packages upgraded to LTI I will be trying to watch this thread and my forum PM's between now and when the promotion ends, but the absolute best way to organise it is to contact me in the SotA chat as we can sort out what you want in real time with everyone watching for your security. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=5
    Now lets all help support both these great games. :)

Lord Ravar, Geden and cs2501x like this.
  2. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

I can verify she is legitimate. She did the meltdown maneouvre for me about three hours ago, and it took all of 10 minutes to get lifetime insurance added to my vessel. Thank you, Astrobia!

NirAntae and cs2501x like this.
  3. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Just a quick addendum to this--

This post mentions a promotion where if you back Star Citizen and SotA at a certain level you get an in-game Iolo crossbow for Star Citizen. It also discusses how you can take advantage of a soon ending promotion to get items at a discount and sometimes special features in Star Citizen, such as "lifetime insurance" (LTI) for ships.

I've spoken with Astrobia about this in IRC--I'm going to sticky this for now and pass it along to FireLotus for final review. Re-gifting pledges is something lots of people have been doing on the Star Citizen side. However, if you choose to do this please note this is not something that is endosed by either Portalarium or RSI. That means that anything you do is at your own risk, Caveat Emptor, etc.

That being said, this seems to be a good opportunity for players to benefit from Astrobia's virtuous and honourable behaviours. ;)

It's always nice to see SotA artefacts on other worlds!

Happy Adventuring,
    CS

4. Juvez

Juvez Avatar

I can as well confirm that he is legit and can be trusted. Have sended over 1k dollars to him converted to ships to myself and my friends.

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Thanks! Now I can ferry my part of the galaxy away :)

6. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Just a heads up everyone. With the 24 hour cool down in full swing, those wanting to do to the exchange and upgrade have about 5-6 hours to buy their ships as it is 24 hours from when the ship is first bought that is the critical factor. Also I hope everyone wanting to take advantage of this doesn't wait till the last minute to buy their ships as I don't want to be handing a bunch of conversions as the cut off approaches and have someone just miss it (They'll still get their regular ship back of course).
    There's still about 30 hours for grabbing the discounted packages for those that want... But do you really want to forgo that awesome crossbow?
    Also there are still skins left over at this point so up your SotA pledges people!

7. Geden

Geden Avatar

Just wanted to say thanks to Astrobia for swapping my Pathfinder package out. Here's to exploring the universe with an added bit of security :p

So... if anyone is thinking about it... hurry up before it expires.

8. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Okay guys the cutoff has passed. If you buy a regular package now it will in all likely hood take too long to convert before the LTI cutoff at midnight. I will still try for those willing, there's no risk in trying, but you are probably better off getting the discounted packages directly and forgoing the crossbow if you want LTI as a priority at this point. This also means I have a rough idea at this point of many skins are left over, I have to comb the spam filter but I'm confident there's still a handful left over for those who get in quick and up their SotA pledge. Common you know you want to, remember how all those trees in UO were indestructible? Now you can get your revenge with an indestructible axe. :p

Also the SC guys have just thrown up two new ships. The Xian Scout https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/355-xian-scout-khartu-lti and the Banu Merchantman https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/354-banu-merchantman-lti. My understanding is these are on the store with LTI for anyone who buys them, so you don't need my help to grab one. It's worth considering as with them only been out for day before the LTI cutoff they will probably be the rarest LTI ships if you the type for investing.

cs2501x likes this.
  9. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Nice job Astrobia. From the sounds of those in the thread it sounds like all went well. I'm going to close the thread down now since the opportunity has expired.

Thanks again for being such an upstanding citizen.

- CS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.