Of Crossbows and Star Citizen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ser Alain, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

If wrong forum please move to proper one.

Over yonder RSI space site, the unveiling of their new web portal now permits an accurate view of all pledged items new and old.

A mounting tide of possible dissent is wondering where are those Iolo crossbow pledges that they have pledged for in the dying hours of the Kickstarter. A quick response from RSI indicates that so far no data has been provided by SotA to them on this matter.

This is just a heads up in case it was missed as if not addressed fairly soon there might be a wave of short tempered discontented folks showing up here.

(Edit) -> Added the link to the RSI forum post:

(note, unknown if this works if you don't have an account).

2. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Right, now when you mention it, the crossbow is missing by me aswell. But actually they are aswell a bit overhelmed because of the new site and now the weekend. Still waiting for another support request there, i made friday. So let's wait for it some days, before we try the support.

3. Peraion

Peraion Avatar

This also applies to people like me who pledged here on the SotA site using PayPal during the KS campaign.

4. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

This has been brought to FireLotus' attention. Thanks.

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I'll check with Rick on Monday, but as far as I know, there has been no actual request for this data from RSI yet. But I do know that Rick has been working with them to ensure a system is in place so that backers receive any rewards they are entitled to.

Miracle Dragon and Umbrae like this.
  6. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

7. Aragato

Aragato Avatar

Greetings. Thanks to a similar thread in Star Citizen, I have made my way here to see what this game is all about. I am interested in backing this game as well, on its own merits, but I would also be very interested in pledging for this crossbow although it appears that it is no longer possible.

8. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Hmm, yea good question. You should ask the Devs about this. But the first pledge is already gone. :/

9. Glabro

Glabro Avatar

I pledged for Immortal Adventurer on 20th of May 2013. Am I eligible for the crossbow as well AND most importantly what do we need to do so that CIG knows who should get the crossbow. What will be the mapping mechanism? E-mail?​
    Also what is the definite cut-off date. Original one was end of SotA KS campaign but I read that SotA team member said that definitely it will be 31st of July 2013. Is it correct?​
    Thank you for any information. :)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Glabro no I'm pretty sure that's just the cut off for the DarkStarr items. FireLotus confirmed for me the promotion is still going this morning and the current minimum pledge to qualify is $50.

silentil, Miracle Dragon and Glabro like this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

My fault I"m afraid. I was then making an educated guess based on the SOTA pledge rewards spreadsheet. It was mid-July when I posted that when people over at SC were saying that the crossbow promo was over since May. Very glad it's been extended and that people over at SC can still get this special pledge - there's still a lot of interest over there.

12. Glabro

Glabro Avatar

Thanks for the replies, guys! Appreciated.
    And do you know whether and what needs to be done to get that crossbow on SC account?

Thanks.

13. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Glabro the only step that needs to be taken so far is waiting for CIG and Portalariam to sort out the red tape and implement the system to link your pledge accounts. Which will probably take months yet. :p
    Watch for a commlink. You can be sure RSI will make an announcement when things move into place.

14. Glabro

Glabro Avatar

Sure seems like it. Thanks, Astrobia.

15. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I've been on the fence about advertising this since it's been an issue of hot debate on the RSI forums between old and new backers... But I've decided the sense of entitlement maintained by some backers is counterproductive to the goal of cross promotions like these, which is to raise funds for both games to maximize their potential.

To that end if you are SotA backer and you are interested in Star Citizen cross promotion but are on the fence about joining so late in the campaign, send me a private message either here or (more preferably on on the SotA chat so we can discuss the details in real time, I'm pretty much always logged into the chat) and I will use CIG's package gifting feature to hook you up with the discounted original backer LTI packages for Star Citizen.
    If you are a SC backer that missed the veterans backers cut off date, the consider backing SotA to get the cross promotion items and if you do I'll help you upgrade your existing packages to LTI packages.

No charge.

Lets encourage as many people as we can to support both games and make new backers feel welcome.

rild and Glabro like this.
  16. Glabro

Glabro Avatar

Commendable effort, Asrobia! Luckily for me, I'm an Original backer of SC. Only for SotA I hesitated with pledging and did it only on 20th of May 2013.

17. silentil

silentil Avatar

Just pledged because of this...hopefully two weeks later it's still valid! :)

18. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

As an FYI, if there is interest I'm looking into MGT having a presence in both games to cater to players who backed (or will play) both games.

19. Numa

Numa Avatar

Astrobia said:
    The actual SotA crossbow probably won't design components to justify it's stats. Remember it's not actually been designed for star citizen and it's creator has no idea what the stats actually are.

Let me emphasize it is going to be a real crossbow, designed and hand made by a real bowyer (in this case David Watson of "Iolo" fame) who has done a lot of research into medieval culture and replicating it. Here's a short book he wrote on crossbows http://www.crossbows.net/IFBOC-2nd.pdf and here is his website where you can buy actual crossbows he has made http://www.crossbows.net/CuMine/index.php Have a look at the gallery to see what crossbows he has made in the past and you will get a damn good idea what the SotA crossbow will look like. When he designs and makes the SotA crossbow the SotA dev team will model, rig and skin it for their game (where it is also an exclusive) and then send the model and skin to the SC team to import into SC. (the real crossbow, which they might make more then one off will also be sold to raise money for SotA)
    The stats for the crossbow being comparable to the futuristic crossbows in SC will simply be because the SotA crossbow has to match the stats of one of them to not be pay to win. It has nothing to do with the design of the SotA crossbow itself.

[​IMG]

This I definitely like. Thanks for the link Astrobia, it looks like we"re in very good hands :)
    (reposted from SC SOTA crossbow thread)

Time Lord likes this.
  20. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

For any SotA players who also backed Star Citizen, MGT470 is proud to announce we will have a presence in both games, and we've launched a Star Citizen Squadron! One does not need be a member in both groups. So even if you're already joined another SotA guild, but are looking to play Star Citzen with other SotA players, you're welcome to join. If you're only going to play SC and not SotA, you're also welcome to join.

However, keeping with MGT470's principles, our Star Citizen Squadron will be casual, friendly and virtuous.

http://mgt470.enjin.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.