Automatic sheathe after combat

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Illveran, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

We already have automatic combat when something attacks us. Have you considered automatic leaving combat after a short while when nothing atacks you? Sheathing and unsheathing weapons manually just feels wrong for me. Any thoughts?

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Budner like this.
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I tend to cast a few things prior to exiting combat and because I want the regen to start right away I probably wont wait. Also, if people are stacking as they run to the next target this would interfere.

Ultimately I think this would be a game mechanic that dictates what your character is doing vs you choosing what to do.

Not for me thanks!

3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I'd rather have it the way it is right now. I still need a sheath for my sword, but that's another topic :D

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Since going into combat has cooldown timers and the like, and you might want to intentionally be in combat mode as you look for other enemies, I'd say no. I'd think it would be more annoying than helpful.

The way it works now actually is a bit more complicated. You don't unsheathe, you just get your combat bar up. The reason is because if you choose not to use any combat glyphs, and just run away, you automatically exit combat mode after a period of time. To actually unsheathe you have to use a combat glyph.

5. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

Casting spells after combat could be delaying the sheathe.
    This could also be an option if someone likes to do it manually.
    It just bothers me that theres do mamy buttons to click during combat and i must say that im not a casual gamer. Its just a lil idea to mąkę the gamę less button mashing. Ofc combat system nas much of it itself but i dont want to talk about it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.