Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Group healing/targeting problems

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Innascual Inch, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Problems I've experienced trying to heal other people in my group include:

Cannot target people:
    - Using the F keys sometimes does not work. I press the F2 or whatever F key corresponds to their group position and it does not select them as my target. And this is when they are very close by me and we are engaged in combat. Perhaps the new Cover system was blocking my LoS to them?
    - Clicking on their name plate in the group list on the left side of the screen often doesn't work. I'll try clicking on their name, theirhealrhbar, theirfocys bar... and still Icannottarget them.
    - When the player listed above them have two rows of buffs, the second row of buffs blocks their name so I don't even know who is who in my group.

Cannot heal people:
    - Heals that I cast often do not land on my target, even when I have that group member targeted and he is standing right next to me. Sometimes after casting a few heals the game finally gets its act together and then subsequent casts will start to land on the target.

Net and Gamician like this.
  2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I've found this to be the case when I have a mob selected. This is still an issue for me too and I'm hoping for a fix for this, but in the meantime you can try to click esc to clear the mob before targeting them. (Sometime there is lag or the first esc doesn't register so I have to hit it again, which often results in the game options window opening which is not so great while you're in combat, then you have to hit esc yet again to clear that before you can select your target)

I agree this is problematic, in addition to not being to read the name (which is available on the party interface - hit F and go to the party tab), I believe this causes issues in selecting your target using the names at top left (e.g. can't select).

I've not had this happen, at least not too much, this release, but it was happening to me last release. I believe it is related to autotargeting swapping/unselecting target or from me clicking a blank spot (e.g. where there used to be a glyph while stacking or casting) - which seemed to be clearing my target. When your heals are't hitting their mark, check the top left to see if you have any target selected.

Innascual Inch likes this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I find healing grace more times than not ends on my pet irrelevant of alt+heal, or f<n> then heal, other heals seem to work properly.. wastes good heals!

Net and Innascual Inch like this.
  4. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted for review! Thanks! (#43184)

Innascual Inch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.