My Thoughts about Game Nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cind, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

When I've seen it implemented in the past, it was always an individual timer. Here, it would have to be the same for all modes (like you get locked out from the boss in any mode once you've killed it). The only drawback to this system is that it occasionally interferes with people wanting to group up to kill a boss if some are locked out, but that can be solved with a little planning.

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Zader

Zader Avatar

Perhaps give us an interactive object at each boss; a singed and half eaten corpse at the dragon, a hellish orb at the daemon, etc.

If at least 5 different people activate (mess with) the object...the boss returns 50% faster to force your grimey mitts off of it.

I say this because I have no snowflake's chance in hell of ever soloing these bosses, but in a full group, a normal guy like me might have a chance...and I'd like to be able to do it without twiddling my thumbs for 20 minutes between each attempt.

Lady Cind and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@mass they had it and removed it? why??? :eek::(

4. mass

mass Avatar

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I meant in other games.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Cind

Cind Avatar

Why should the dev's nerf it if it is only done by a small number of PVP'ers who have earned what they do. Let it alone and don't penalize the other players. In my Opinion this is getting to be a serious problem with the majority. We are sick and tired of being penalized. Why does this need to be??? A lot of players, play the game alot, so they have earned the right to fight the bosses as much as they can. Does anyone in SOTA remember the old saying that the customer is always right???? The game is here for the Customer and please never forget that. We are sick and tired of nerfs unless there is a problem with something interfering with something else. Each player has his or he own way of playing the game.

BTW, When we have a group and everyone gets a chance for a loot, then that is too long of a time to wait inbetween. These matter are not complicated in my eyes, just let all of us play the game and don't penalize anyone unless they do something banable. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. REMEMBER WHO SUPPORTS YOU! Not meant to be nasty message, just the truth.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  6. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Agree 100%

I think Shroud needs:
    -lessening instead of adding to grind, adding more unexpected world drops and artifacts to regular mob loot tables.
    -Not giving into expectations of those who want Shroud to support their Real Money Trading business.
    -Make Single Player Online a viable playstyle again, no punishing those of us who prefer this option.

7. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

Very much Agree .... IMO this would be a great start to make the game fun again :)

8. Cind

Cind Avatar

Everyone Agrees that we want a fun game to play. SOTA can make us happy again. Does the game need to be so SERIOUS? Please allow us to have the time of our lives to enjoy the game. Besides that the DAEMON had it coming as he was calling us all kind of names. So who cares how many times we kill him, he will return just to pleasingly harass us. It should be a pleasure for SOTA to see everyone trying to kill that BULLY DAEMON. Since the time limit was placed on it, I bet no one goes near it anymore as who has 20 of time to wait on it. When SOTA makes a decision in the game, let the decision to be on the side of FUN. Fill those chests for us. Let our Happiness and Fun draw in so many players that SOTA has to make more.

9. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i dont like nerfs as it afect the normal players more the it do bots and scripters and power gamers
    now personaly i dont like to have to wait 20 mins wen i do a boss lets do the math here shall we your in a 8 man party and boss spawn evry 20 mins now if you last in line you have to wait atlest 2 hours and 20 mins befor you even have a shance to get an drop thats just rubish you know

now one way to fix this would be to have a split loot on evry boss that way if you kild it alone you furst of all get less loot and would discurage players to kill it alone and also would mean that even after furst kill evry one would have some to show for there work

now just make loot get an buff the more in the grup and make it split loot then remove that silly 20 min timere set it to like 3-5 mins after boss dies to let evry one get a shance to recoup and just set loot shance on a scale that you just have to kill it some more its the killing we there for not waiting sure we want loot but we just dont want to wait

Lady Cind and TheMaddHungarian like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Simple, you make content and artifacts that is or should be unique and very special too available. Some powergamers exploit gamemechanics (legally, in the natural meaning of exploit).
    Your attitude to gaming destroys my immersion. Simple. I can isolate myself in my private Bubble, but i allways know things i cannot manage or reach are like this because "you" drive the devs to lift up the measures.
    My playstyle doesnt hurt anybody.
    Your playstyle hurt everybody.
    Not just in this game.
    I go more far, people who strive too much harm the society and the whole world.

But i agree that white knights do it too, if they loose control and overact.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. TheMaddHungarian

TheMaddHungarian Avatar

@Lady Cind I feel your Pain, Frustration and Aggravation I do !!! However, Exploits will Always be in every MMORPG gaming. Always have and Always will !!!
    What's even more sad is that (imo) whether Soloing or in Groups, and Exploiting a Scene after Scene for Massive XP, Massive looting in exchange for Massive (IGG)
    and Massive Power Boosting your Skills Tree to the Hilt. Are the So-Called "Loyalists" to the Game whereby, they continue Exploiting these Scenes and then after a
    Month long + Campaign turn around and Decide to "NOW" Report these Exploits to Lord British and Company??? Hmmm.......Mighty Self-Righteous of Them
    considering They came and got All what they wanted. Are They going to have the Port. Dev's Roll-Back their Massive XP's, Looting for (IGG) and yes their Accumulated
    Points that went into their Skill Trees by Reporting these Exploits? "I THINK NOT".......................!!!

FrostII and Lady Cind like this.
  12. Cind

Cind Avatar

I still don't understand why the Daemon needed nerfed. I really did not hurt the players that could solo it as they could just come back every 20-25 minutes. It hurt the group of players and I had thought that is what SOTA wanted. The group of players have to wait the 20-25 minutes and it is easier to just have one person because say in a group of 6, some people will have to leave to go to work, or cook, and just get busy at home. So now the group is disbanding early. I do not blame the ones that can solo the Daemon as they earned the right. I can buy an artifact if I want to, but no one is forcing me if that is why this has been nerfed because of higher players selling the artifacts. No one forces anyone to buy anything. I am just trying to make sense of why things have to be nerfed when they blame the nerfing on higher level players. Once again, I say unless someone is doing something banable, then let all players play the game as they see fit. There is no excuse to nerf the game in anyway due to the high level players, I wonder if SOTA just uses that as an excuse. Does SOTA ever listen to what the players want or are they tied to their own agenda? I hope that Lord British reads the forums and knows how the players feel about the game. If you want to keep players in the game, then make a game that suits them. This game could be much more fantastic if whoever would take the seriousness out of the details.

TheMaddHungarian likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If you talk about players it seems you do not talk of the calm mayority who plays along and do not rush or strive, massive grind, exploit et...
    or the players who backed for a SP RPG or the hc PvP people or the immersive roleplayers or...
    @Lady Cind
    Don't you see that such striving is locking others out of content and spoils things for some players?
    You heard of the Demon?
    Yes really hard to get a hoof to brew some tea, it needs a lot of practice and mighty avatars to fight him...
    Oh no , I am going there twice a week kill it solo for about 4 hrs mode switching, but he drops just one artifact in the whole time.

Of course , although he maybe should always drop an artifact and then isn't killable for you anymore for a week or a month to keep himself and the artifact he drops very, very special.

I may will relativate this in 2025 when I am able to kill him solo.

14. Cind

Cind Avatar

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say to me. I am not against any players, If all players are in the game that means that they have not done anything wrong. I am complaining about the nerfed things and nothing else.
    I know first hand how some players have worked so hard with training and PVP to get where they are. I am proud of them, so your point really is what? I brought high level players in the beginning because I heard from others that that was why the Daemon was nerfed.

I also play at the pace that I want to play. I am not jealous nor have ever been jealous of anyone else.

15. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

@Lady Cind Assume they remove the wait timer. How many times will you battle this monster before it is no longer a challenge, just another boring fight. How long would you continue? A couple of weeks? Meanwhile you've collected massive loot and dumped in on the market. SotA is no longer a challenge because you've battled every monster repeatedly. You spend most of your time in another game with better challenges.

Do you think the Devs need to consider this scenario?
    Should they continue to add high-end content to serve a tiny minority?
    How is the long-term health of the game promoted by this?

Dantuin, Lord Baldrith and Stundorn like this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Seems you understand me very good and then do this subversive comment about you're not jealous.
    Do you want to say i am?
    I know you don't like what i said , because it's true and i know we live in different worlds.
    Proud of beeing striving to the edge, proud of beeing lazy and immersing.
    Won't further discuss it. You did understand and you know very well what my point is.
    To make such subversive comments about envy is just lame, sorry.
    May you report it and let it be deleted.

17. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

There are. They are the high level backers. They have been a source of annoyance for many of the regular Joes in the community for a long time. They end up speaking for all players, regardless of how realistic that is in reality.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Totally not true.

Lord Baldrith and jammaplaya like this.
  19. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Not true that high end backers help shape the game? I beg to differ. Not true that they've been a source of annoyance for regular Joes in the community? I beg to differ on that as well. So "totally not true" erm... how? :eek:

20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

That's not what you originally said at all. This is what you said:

Which is totally not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.