Houses are moving now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I guess technically the title should've said "plots" or "deeds".

LIMITED QUANTITY (Updated: 2 of 200 left): Black Friday Sale of 40% off the regular $200 price

Ouch, makes me one to get just one more. They're definately on pace to be gone by the end of this sale.

So what's that going to mean to the community when houses are completely gone? How does that impact new players? Do you think they will make more village plots available, if so how many?

Personally, I think they WILL make more plots available, it will just be at $200 a pop. I think after this sale all the prices (on all items) will go to the max level. Thoughts?

2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Looking backward at Portalarium's marketing approach, I would agree that its likely that we'll see more plots added to the store. Its also certain that some house plots will be reserved for in game purchase (that way they can continue to say that houses aren't exclusively irl gold sinks). Might have to get one more and make it 15...

OSullivan likes this.
  3. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Remember that these are "real" in a sense: each one they sell has to exist and take up space in a non-instanced game world. It's not as simple as "putting more up for sale." They have to design each one into the game.

The NORMAL way to get a land deed, however, has always been to pledge at Citizen or above. There are more plots available that way than by buying the "add-on" plot (and you don't have to pay property tax on them, either).

4. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, pre-launch, they have the ability to modify the layouts of villages, towns, and cities to accomodate the demand. Creating brand new towns need to be tied to story which they could do, but is a lot more work. I think it's reasonable to add new lots pre-launch but post-launch, that's another story.

5. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Probably pretty easy to throw down another neighborhood of houses and I'm sure they've accounted for that by leaving plenty of extra space for it. Also, there's no "NORMAL" way to get a deed. You can either pledge at citizen level or above or you can buy it in the addon store. One is not any more "NORMAL" than the other. Getting it at a citizen level just grants you a tax free deed whereas the store gets you one where you have to pay tax on it.

6. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I don't really believe they care, friend.
    They have made no effort (to the casaual observer) in showing that they care about anything other than squeezing cash out of investors in exchange for in-game prestiege.

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Maybe they don't care, but they've said that housing will be available in game, so I imagine (at least I hope) they're going to stick to that.

8. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I do too, because really if they back out on that or make it so difficult/complex/time consuming to be aquired reasonably it will hurt the longevity and reputation of the game. They can't keep things running for a long/extended period of time based soley on the KS money and purchased up-grades from KS backers alone.

9. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I believe it was said that the backer deeds and add-on deeds would not fill all the in-game available properties. At any rate, if they sell all of the add-on properties, I think they could add more properties prior to launch if they really want to sell more.

10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Back in the summer I remember them saying that they were hoping to have about 50% of the plots pre-owned by launch, leaving still half the plots available for people to snatch up in-game post-launch. If they decide they can sell more plots, they will create more plots to keep their target percentage consistant, and raise the price of future sales to keep value in the plots on the market. (this is how I percieve it anyhow)

scottlee and Sir Jeffery like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Very nice avatar crest, Miracle Dragon. It makes sense that they will be raising the prices as we get closer to launch.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  12. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

I apologize, I suppose I could have been more clear there.

From the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign in March until September 13th (i.e. the first six months of SotA's existence), the only way to acquire a plot of land was by pledging Citizen or above.

Five months after the end of the KS campaign, Portalarium offered a very limited number (200) of village-level property deeds in the add-on store. This was a NEW and DIFFERENT way for people to pick up a plot of land.

New, different, and limited.

Hence, not "normal."

I hope that is more clear. :)

licemeat likes this.
  13. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

@bdo7 ah yes, got it. that is correct.

14. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well I was going to get a village plot for my bud. But he has no interest in this game. Even though it's him that got me interested. Grrrrr....would have been an easy xmas present.

and 27 hours later and not one lot has sold.

15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I wonder if maybe it's just not updating since everyone is on vacation?

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

They will add more. They cannot say no to money. Just ask the Darkstarr Moondial and Metronome.

maathyas and licemeat like this.
  17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

That's a good point

18. Drocis the Devious

It's never been automatic. The count typically stays at some static number for weeks at a time. When the devs return someone will eventually update the number.

NirAntae likes this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

Just checked, it was updated to 29 of 200 left.

I'm surprised it's not lower than that - like gone. Since the announcement of the Black Friday discounts, they appear to have raised approximately 57k.

20. Cik

Cik Avatar

Too rich a price, but they have a very limited amount for a reason...they know that there is a minority willing to spend.

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.