Soloing Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cenbhan, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

So in order to keep people from farming bosses like the Daemon, they make spawn longer and up the defense or even make the boss stronger. Why? Don't we grind day in and day out becoming stronger to be able to accomplish such a feat? Eventually, you'll be waiting an hour for the daemon to pop without the instance switching and the daemon will be as strong as the clock work dragon. Maybe I am just living in the old UO where i could cast all day long on daemons and dragons.

Rant for the day o_O

2. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

These artificial controls are there as the base foundation of the game itself was not laid properly. Hopefully, it'll change in future once they get the risk/reward/goal system set up well.

Elfenwahn, fonsvitae and Stundorn like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

They keep nerfing players to generate group content.

discipleofweb likes this.
  4. null2

null2 Avatar

It is another dirty quick fix, add it to the list with the 100 others that hurt the quality of the game. Fixes like these are more damage control than anything.

I am surprised they didn't give daemon confusion too, given that the only reason he is farmable is because if you stay close to him, he will only use attacks which can be avoided by jumping. That's what they did with troll.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Everything should not be about nerfing the bosses or nerfing the players. Bosses are not interesting. They are not smart. They don't react to players. They have set and programmed features all ran by numbers and calculations. The only thing being done to them is oh yeah lets give them all confusion. They all do the same things or very similar things and are not unique. Each fight is pretty much the same as the last one. Fine tuning the players and bosses isn't going to make them interesting. So many variables that affect every single thing. Bosses are not smart. They don't know when a player is spamming a spell or hit or combo at them.

Still they do the same thing each fight, they never say to themselves oh there is that guy/girl who spams me with those powerful hits while someone heals them. You would think they would get a clue. Also affecting everything is all the buffs, blessings, food, armor, and our own buffs, not that I don't love that we finally have all these abilities to help and affect us and make us think before leaving home.

In fact I am sad we don't yet have a log out in bed resting bonus or log out in a camp or sleeping bed or in the new inns coming inn. Hopefully that will be another to add to decisions we can make.

Anyway Chris said he is looking at making our bosses more interesting. I am not sure what capabilities we can get added to bosses, can unity make them have some AI that is smarter? Here's hoping and just making them stronger like I said is so not enough, they can still be pretty repetitive and we are going to do group boss kills as one thing we do in the game.

Totally my favorite boss fights were in WOW. They were so interesting. I'd loved how you had to strategize to fight a boss and you would fail so many times before winning them. Of course the reward was worth the attempted tries. They did not go down all that fast either. It took work. They did so much interesting stuff and the setting was always fantastic. You had to work as a team with different players needing to contribute what they were specialized in. I am a little sad we are classless and no caps, but oh well, we are not. Also Tera had some interesting bosses as well. I don't remember the boss fights from Lord Of The Rings. I didn't do much of that there.

Luca Xante and Snikorts like this.
  6. null2

null2 Avatar

Ya I think about Diablo 3 for some of my favorite boss fights. They are soloable on hard difficulties, but you have to react quickly and know the bosses well.

I know that Port recently had a meeting discussing how they want boss fights to be. Still haven't heard anything out of them about this.

I feel like they are doing a disservice to the game by being so reactionary to what the players are doing. Instead of creating the game based on a vision, they are creating the game based on what they don't want players to do.

Bow Vale and majoria70 like this.
  7. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Yeah. I had fun playing sieges and cabalists last month (even though I got basically 0 loot from the cabalists after an entire month). They are rather a meat grinder to me now. I don't seem to be able to use much tactics on the cultists and engineers singe they all aggro in mass and are leashed. I don't seem to stand a chance against the cabalists now. Fighting the troll is more fighting broken AI (again leashing) and broken performance (massive hitching; most times I don't even see myself get hit, I'm just on the ground and getting chain stunned). Not sure what I would login to do.

8. null2

null2 Avatar

Same with Daemon. Broken AI makes him easily farmable. Like all bosses right now, it sometimes doesn't animate its attacks. In addition if you are too closely zoomed in to your character, the Daemon will disappear completely when it jumps up. So you get hurt by an invisible boss.

I have bug reported all these issues and they persist.

Cenbhan likes this.
  9. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

At first when he disappeared on me, I thought I broke the game. Nope, just needed to zoom out :p

Anyway, everyone has good points. Im just saying that it feels like working towards getting stronger so they can keep making everything else harder.

10. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

When they lower the arti drop rate, does it drop for all bosses?

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I can agree with that too, the part about making the game being reactionary verses making it on the vision. Perhaps it is all so intertwined at this point. So best we can all do is try to support the team and the game with great feedback and try to be a little less reactive to changes and more constructive. We have a fantastic community here. All of you are fantastic in your own ways. I am honored to be doing this with you and this team. We will succeed. I just know it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.