Grinding in sota

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deiniak, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

To be honest, we also get caught up in peoples personal vendettas against the game. If in doubt, go into their posting history and read their usual comments.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ya i know and it's sad :(

Vladamir Begemot and Tsumo2 like this.
  3. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

Thank you for supplying this. I've been looking for info like it.

Stundorn and Autumn Willow like this.
  4. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Yes, often it seems like a narcissistic process, where someone is incessantly critical in order to feel superior, and or they are enraged because of their sense of entitlement.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I think it depends on what you want as a reward...

for me... the grind has rewarded me with 4 commission free vendors... a few taxed lots... a tax free lot... an expired and add-on store houses... and a few others.... and I think what I've gotten by grinding are great rewards for me personally... because I'll never get them if I just stood on the overworld map dancing all day... LOL

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Tsumo2 and Stundorn like this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Always ready to change perspective.
    Yeah there are still great things worth a few Dollars outside at vendors for igg.

Kabalyero likes this.
  7. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

I think it depends on what you want as a reward...

for me... the grind has rewarded me with 4 commission free vendors... a few taxed lots... a tax free lot... an expired and add-on store houses... and a few others.... and I think what I've gotten by grinding are great rewards for me personally... because I'll never get them if I just stood on the overworld map dancing all day... LOL[/QUOTE]

For you, that works and seems like a lot of grinding to me. If the combat wasn't as boring, maybe I'd enjoy it more and have the want to do it. I do it for an hour, barely make a profit then feel less like doing it again.

Honest question here not intended to insult anyone - The devs have been asking for new player feedback yet I've been getting flack from other players for giving my honest feedback. Why should I hold back how I, or any other, honestly feels about the state of the game? I'm not hating on the game at all. There's a difference between hating and giving constructive feedback, even if that feedback is that I don't happen to like the grinding - I'm actually quite looking forward to the final release and still do play the game every other day or daily. So, why all the backlash for those of us giving constructive feedback and looking forward to change?

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Combines being the operative word here...

To make claims that SotA is a sandbox, without also including the fact that SotA is more than a sandbox, is disingenuous when done regularly.

Kaisa likes this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Thing is the experience playing it varies in different levelranges.
    I for myself dont played any highend content until, just made my way to mid level or are just scratching the edge of some beginning highlevel content.
    And the experience changed.
    I can imagine that this will change again.
    I dont know how to describe it very well, but to me the experience becomes still better and better.

Kabalyero and technipuffin like this.
  10. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

So, early levels are rough to get through but it gets more fulfilling at higher levels?
    Just having trouble getting through the beginning I guess :confused:

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Oh yes i know i know.
    It takes me Month to find something that works for me.
    And yes it's more fulfilling and fun now for me.
    There's also a known sinkhole in the midlevel what i seems to just have past and get over it.
    Was a lot of try and error about deckbuilding, compromises made and get rid of again and then found "my thing" what is not a hybrid but a pure Mage what i always wanted to be.
    If you have special issues then ask in a different thread and the community will try to help you, but in the end it's an individual process, because not all Tips or recommendations you will receive may fit for what you want to play.
    But if you like the game and setting your experience will maybe and hopefully change.

technipuffin likes this.
  12. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Actually you are on record that you will be the harshest critic of the questing come July when it was supposed to be done. But here you are telling somebody else come back for ep2 if the questing is not yet done. People are allowed to critique the game during early access because Richard Garriot said so, it is not your place to tell others not to play the game and not to contribute to that process.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

See.. the grind is the least of my worries.

Thinken Diablo 3.. and how they break up the grind simply by adding repetitve quests.

How hard is it for them to add a quest for Skeli bones.. or a quest for X amount of raw mats.. or stuff like that.
    *bring me 20 wolf heads! *

Breaking up the grind is / should be one of the easiest things for the devs. But will quite literally come last i think.

Game foundations - Game mechanics - Balancing - Performance - Filler content.
    Quests and **** usually get put into a game last. (altho i will agree they usually get written long before everything else is in play)

14. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Love grinding... Seriously, what could be better than doing simple thing...

15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Happy to consider new posts we can pin for visibility!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.