Been asked for before and still an issue - Opacity of Healing Rain...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There was a request to have this covered before same as with the other healing spell that obscured the entire screen. This is more focused but still causes problems. The "Rain" from healing rain and its cloud need to have some kind of way to adjusts its opacaity.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

It is pretty disgusting. lol

Sator Faryn and Time Lord like this.
  3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I stopped using it because of this. I run with night vision on a lot to counter the blinding effects of some abilities.

4. JCNo.9

JCNo.9 Avatar

In The Rise, Rain always hurt my eyes :(

I think the cloud too close avatar ... maybe a little higher?o_O

or

Reduce the animation time, about three seconds, but the effect is still there.;)

Time Lord, majoria70 and Weins201 like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so once again clearly a problem players are not even using a worthwhile skill because f graphics but no reply from any of significance?

FrostII, Nikko and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They've addressed it before... It's been a common complaint that keeps recurring. The last answer from @Chris was that it's a powerful spell, and (as with most things) they want powerful things to have some drawback... The limited visibility is the drawback.

Whether it is too much of a drawback or not is a balance matter... but don't put forth that the Devs have been silent on the issue.

7. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Ahaaa! So everytime i cast a heal my camera should start shaking ..vision turns red and because it needs a drawback..makes sense man :p

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Curt

Curt Avatar

What if they made the opacity depend on skill level?

9. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I think they need to redo the SFX on the spell as it just too plain and blah.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  10. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Would be nice if it gave Fire resistance too considering you're being rained on pretty hard, then the lack of visibilty might be worthwhile while playing solo. Its only really 'powerful' if in a party which is bunched together (which isn't very often and even then it can annoy other group members)

11. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I think the visual of the current cloud for a second or two is ok and a lasting visual of puddles/wet ground for the remainder of its duration would work well. I dislike visuals that obstruct combat, it rarely looks good in video playback.

Elwyn likes this.
  12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think making it a stationary effect would be a lot better limitation than making it so that you can't see anything.

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Have you tried using first person perspective when using soothing rain?

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Making healing Rain use visually impairing is difficult to suffer through. Imo it is worse than it was. You cannot see where you are going.

It may sound and look funny to see a player back off a cliff and die because they can't see where they're going but it is really not funny if that person is your group healer so then you all die. Elysium is also bad. I don't think blinding us makes playing sota fun.

The devs need to think of something else. I'm watching a series called hemlock Grove where using powers like mind control causes a bloody nose and that warewolf turning on the wrong moon has a price.

I see where thinking can come from to add a price to use but I am frustrated with this visual experience. I say consider fun too and give us our beautiful and interesting spells like other games.

FrostII, Crandall, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Healing burst is another to add to the list....I cast that and have to wait for the blindness to subside...

FrostII, Cordelayne and Weins201 like this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I love Chris and the others at Port, but this is seriously such a crock of sh__... I am getting a little tired of this "X thing is powerful, so to balance it we must give it X debuff/bad quality of some sort." This is a spell that takes a lot of reagents and time to get powerful, especially considering that attunement will make it more powerful, meaning you want to pretty mush get all life skills to 80... There is time and effort that goes into it. It is powerful, but that's the POINT. The visual effect has been complained about ad nausium, and we are getting tired of these kinds of responses. This and Elysium Illumination are rarely used skills because they have such awful visuals that people can't see anything, especially in the dark. In the dark, you can't really see rain, so this effect should be almost completely invisible at night. Instead, we have this SUPER contrasting bright white/grey cloud that hangs over the Avatar, amking everything around you impossible to see. Please just get this and Elysium Illumination right once and for all so we can all stop complaining about them, and we can start USING them.

1. Soothing Rain - Remove the effing cloud completely. Just make it a smaller scale version of the rain effect that you already have, you know... when it rains outside... and make it very subtle, especially at night.
    2. Elysium Illumination - Almost completely remove the yellow "rays." Instead just have it literally shine a very bright dynamic light directly down on the Avatar. At night, this spell should pretty much be brighter than using the "Light" spell. It should be a wonderful and useful light! Not something that irritates us all, and makes it -AGAIN- difficult to see things at night. The name of the spell is Elysium ILLUMINATION for Christ's sake.

I don't mean to sound like I hate the game. I love it in many many ways. I just really do not understand some of these decisions. Please, just finally make these spells useful.

FrostII and Weins201 like this.
  17. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I bug reported this and about 20 other skills which are either blinding or hard on the eyes. They know. And I plan to remind them every single QA and every single release.

Healing rain though I absolutely hate because as a healer I have re option of blinding my party, or being a less efficient healer. That's not cool.

Shade Cido, FrostII and Nikko like this.
  18. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Thanks for fighting the good fight, friend. We'll get 'er fixed one of these days.

19. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I have found more than several spells that are a seizure risk for a friend of mine, so it is a very personal issue. This game in its current state is a danger to their health.

So while tackling those, I may as well complain about every spell that has an effect which can cause blocked vision, seizure, headache or otherwise.

FrostII and Elwyn like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

crickets . . . . . .:rolleyes:

great 2 year plan thow :p. . but seriously I do not even look at those posts anymore:confused: the base game needs to be the focus . . . . . .:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.