1 type potion at time.. 1 type food at time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

ok let's start this boss kill adventure...

1) Devotional combat focus regenartion
    2) Devotional combat health regeneration

3) Eating food for STR/DEX buff and health+focus regeneration

entering boss scene...

4) Eating food for health+focus regenration + INT BUFF (double food bug)

5) drinking STR potion
    6) drinking DEX potion
    7) drinking INT potion

8) drinking health regeneration potion
    9) drinking some other strange potions

casting spells:

10) DOUSE
    11) BUFF STR
    12) BUFF DEX
    13) BUFF INT
    14) IGNITE WEAPON
    15) INCREASE DAMAGE AVOIDANCE
    16) CAST A MAGIC SHIELD (fire/death/water/air)
    17) CAST TORPOR
    18) CAST HEALING GRACE
    19-20) CAST 2 OTHER PROTECTION SPELLS for HEAVY ARMOUR USERS

ok, i can start attack BOSS...

WHATTTT?? 18 to 20 preparation-things to do ?
    is this a game or some sort of job?

1 food and 1 potion (at time) mean:

1 drink sequence and not 5...
    1 food sequence and not 2...

and ... if you have a regeneration potion active... this ends when a +150/250 health potion is drank... (1 at time!)

and this stops player to drink 256 potions during fight... or regeneration.. or health/focus recovery...

if a player choice to drink 56 potions during fight.. it's necessary to add a cooldown/heat system to potions like combat spells...
    Drink a potion?... cooldown of 10 seconds...
    drink another potion? cooldown of 20 seconds...
    drink another potion? cooldown of 30 second!

MrBlight likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

See, for me? Because of skill decay, if I need that many things to kill something, chances are, its got a chance of killing me. And since the loot is going to be worthless junk 99.9% of the time, its not worth risk of having to go grind trivial content for several hours to make up the XP loss.

I personally hate that we now need all this crap - all of which costs time and/or money - more cash sink yay.
    I grab the devotionals but stick to grinding content I can mow with just that, or maybe use a single 4-hour food for focus regen as focus regen is still inadequate without paying for a load of consumables.
    Its just more efficient. You can use all that stuff and the loot the boss drops wont be worth a fraction of the materials you've spent making the food and potions.

The loot was not "improved" with R42. Now dragons drop curing salt and creosote! If they dropped a few hundred of it, I'd say okay fine. But dropping 2 creosote I can buy for 4g from NPC? Really?
    After 8 hours of repeated dragonslaying each time it spawned with a small group we got a total of 0 dragon heads, 1 neck bone, and 2 crappy artifacts (shield of attraction and I think a pax ring). In terms of risk vs. reward, we'd have been better off spending 8 hours farming a T1 zone, we'd have gotten more out of it.

neveser likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes it's a job j/k. Ok well why do we have to do all of those things? Ok for one thing needing to use potions, food, etc makes them viable. Crafters craft potions, armor, food because they create the character's ability to fight and survive. Before when food and potions for example were not needed there was no need to ever buy them or craft them. It is the big picture. Hopefully people have fun and don't make it a job. At least if you don't do it, you don't get fired from your job ummm I mean your game ;).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i eat one meal, i try to allways buff my 3 stats before fighting and i use def stance and ice shield - if i come across a shrine i take the devotional buff, but thats rare.
    If this preparation isn't enough, i am out of the game - the list above is ridiculous and shows exactly the min-max mentality behind it.

I'm playing for a long time trying to ignore the fact that this is what the game is made for, but play my way and try to accept that the way i have chosen is the way of the looser.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It's only a job if you're min-maxing everything.

And bosses are not intended to be easy to solo.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You say its the way of the loser, but barring tryign to solo group content (bosses) how well do you do? I dont often use the 3 stat buffs outside of a group fight and you seem to play the same way i do otherwise and i do fine. I use potions to heal when i need it, and always eat food, and thats about it.

These folks that are makign the biggest fuss got used to a game without death penalties and full of unfinished/unbalanced skills, took what was (by the numbers and data) most powerful and raced to the top without any thought of it getting more difficult when they got there (because the difficult part wasnt implemented till later)

Just to give ya a little perspective from somone who isnt a hardcore min-maxer @Stundorn , Decay is annoying but doesnt stop me from adventuring, im still progressing, Im not forced to use 100 buffs and potions but i do use them in group fights to help the group, and i've had people who's levels are closer to 90 ask me how i "out damage" them.

So dont take 1 persons word as gospel, because they do not speak for everyone by a long shot

Stundorn likes this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

this is not a preparation to kill a boss in solo mode (i think that 2 players are necessary) .. but just a CHANCE to not HATE the game if a boss kill you...
    i can say: i've made all i can do to beat the BOSS...

if i don't do all the "ritual" ... if i win i fell very well.. but if i die... i just hate everything on this game... all rituals... money... time... bugs...

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I agree that it would be better if effects were more limited, but for different reasons. I think it makes the game more interesting if you have to choose which effect that you want instead of being able to just stack up everything that has some benefit. I think it would also make it easier to properly balance content if you don't have to account for people stacking up a million different buffs. That being said, I really don't feel like it's necessary at all at the moment to do all of that and I never do.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Vidgrip

Vidgrip Avatar

So, if I understand this properly, you hate the game if you die, and you hate the game if you have to do 18 steps of preparation needed to survive a boss fight (with one friend). Maybe you should not be fighting bosses without a full group? I hope you can still find other things to do in SotA that you do enjoy.

My feeling is that, after release, it should not be possible to kill a top-tier boss without a full group and lots of preparation. Even then there should be a chance you may die. Just my opinion.

Of course we are not at release yet so who knows what the intended difficulty is. I think the decay system, once fully implemented, is supposed to create a "soft cap". I wonder how many players are already beyond the intended soft cap and will decay below their current adventure level once decay is "dialed-in" correctly.

Stundorn likes this.
  10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

You right but the game is far from this reality now. At high level we don't even need the half of the buffs Gatsu posted here. In my case, at adv 90 I was killing some bosses with just two foods and three-stats buffs.

I guess its about time to see the pve becoming harder with the new damage types, etc.

EMPstrike likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except because of the multi - mode setup..
    Bosses are intended to be solo able. . Why do people keep saying they arnt?

Your saying that if i play in single player mode right now, its never intended for me to be able to play parts of the game? Thats a pretty bold statement.

The question comes down too. For playing it Solo - and experiancing parts of the game, is the prep time annoying? Yes it is.

Personally its now 2 devotionals, 2 food buffs, 4 main buffs + douse + def stance before i go into any fight, even greens.
    Then in fight i cycle on my shield + dodge + evasion.

Thats preeety much what it takes to handle mobs that are yellow in to the 90's at any real succesful speed. (maybe its dif for plate armor + 90% avoid chance builds) .. but for light armor where i can be 5 crit shot = dead ... and they spawn in mobs of 2-3 ...

That and the fact im not going to risk dieng because of bad crit luck.
    ----
    Then its almost a loop. Now i have to run these to handle higher mobs, but i also need to kill higher mobs to justify the exp gain.

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Offline you have companions and things can be adustet to offline Singleplayer.

online it need to be one mode to be the measure - i would say this is MP or even FM= Group Mode.
    SPO is something like to be able to be in your private bubble, nothing to clear group/ mp content and with adjusted spawn/ respawn rates for gathering.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

And is all that in SP right now? Are companions done? Is everything *Your private world? *

So right now you can go into single player mode, hire a companion and solo bosses and do all the end game content? Seems to me like untill they have a functioning SP game, that its pretty fair to say the bosses are intended to be solo able.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No and No!

It's like giving the dog a bone, because the cheap dog foot is still at the market - then come home, take the bone away and serve some dog foot from the supermarket.

What do you think will happen if they implement or adjust and balance things and people with 150 GM will be set back to 5 GM, what dou you think will happen if they choose to just have one or two Crafting GM to balance things?

If they do not nerf the powergamers and nobody is ever able to catch up to them who do you think will or want to play SotA?

That it's not in the game until is a fact from Early Access / Alpha/ Beta whatever you call it and there should be nothing to sartificially compensate that and destroy the balance, although it's already destroyed, but we don't need it to be destroyed more and more.

We already have a market full of Artifacts - who sells them? a couple of hardcore players.

there are these loud voices about decay and such - who is it? The Progress min max players - but serious question is this game only for hardcore min max players, is this game only for rich people who can buy a lot and a house or is this game for everybody to have fun?

If so, then tell me how to have fun competing (PvP and Economy) with people that are way ahead and you are never be able to catch up?

And to grant people doing CP's before, switching modes and grind bosses in groups or even solo is totally wrong and a mess.

there is a very strong need of caps, hard or soft, but if soft they need to be so heavy, that its more hard than soft.
    If it ends up that i am never be competetive, even after 2 years of playing, just because i dont want to min max everything, i will left the game.
    I have a lot of patience and i dont need to be king of the hill, but the measures what are acutally set are ridiculous high and they seemed to be designed to - we just have this topic at the forums - satisfy addicted people without a reallife.
    Sorry to say that, dont want to accuse anybody - but thats true!

15. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You listed 20 things a player can do. You don't have to do any of those things if you don't want to.

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. JCNo.9

JCNo.9 Avatar

Quote Chinese proverbs : 又要馬會跑,又要馬不吃草

You want a horse will run, and do not eat grass?

If I do 20 preparatory work, can reduce the boss to kill me the opportunity, I am happy to do so.

17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm not really sure what the problem is for *needing* consumables for a boss fight... I mean ****, raiding days I had to farm for HOURS to have enough mats for a given progression boss. Outside of int potions requiring a lich skull, the other 2 stat pots you mentioned aren't hard to get or farm. HP regen potions aren't even worth discussing. Needing consumables is a good thing! You have to NEED something for there to be a DEMAND for something. That's the basis of an economy.

Secondly, you're getting one wrong shrine. You want Adventure Level and Focus Regen. Find a town that's got all the shrines, there are quite a few, and just go get them when you log on. Not hard. They last 10 hours. If making the 5 minute trip somewhere when you log in is too *strenuous* ... well I really don't know what to tell you other than Hello Kitty Island Adventure might be more your thing.

Thirdly a lot of those buffs you listed out have extremely short durations. They're likely something already built into your decks as something that is drawn/swap to another bar to reapply mid combat.

I'm going to have to plain flat out say you need to pick your battles. Retarding down the player's ability to withstand damage/access more varied and difficult content doesn't seem like a good thing to me. I quite enjoy that I'm able to put time towards various buffs and see a return on my time AND the fact that I DO pay an upkeep in the form of decay to maintain said buffs.

And lastly this sort of play IS NOT required for the majority of the game. Quite frankly it's not required for any of the game if you're running around with a full group and want to be all RP about how you go about doing things with sufficient levels.

In closing, not every boss is meant for every play style. Plain flat out that needs to be accepted. If you're not willing to do everything in your power to take on what the developers have thrown at you, then there's really no reason you *deserve* to tackle said content without a complete, organized, and clearly defined full party of players.

JellyChuNo9 likes this.
  18. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

sure.. but for a lot of these the duration is 10 min... and the time to kill a giant troll is 5 minutes... and to kill first step of phoenix is 8 ... (talking about a 2 player fight)

19. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

OR you could party with a healer and not be required to min-max to fight bosses.
    You can do so as you please but if every player could easily buff up and solo bosses, I would be absolutely useless because everyone would be beastly killing machines soloing everything.

EMPstrike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.