Dev Blog for Founders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagled2, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

I pledged today at the collector level. Am I suppose to get access to the developer blog given to founders?
    Maybe my pledge was too late or someone has to manually give me access.

2. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

The founder status is those that pledged before May 20th (?). Any pledge afterwards is considered a benefactor.

3. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

So I was too late by a lot. Thanks for the clarification. Areas we don't have access to should really be hidden and I don't know of a forum software without the ability so I am puzzled as to why it's not already implemented.

4. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

No problem. And I can't say anything about why it isn't hidden. But welcome to the forums, and I hope you have a good time here!

5. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

Also the main page says that with the founder pledge level you get access to a dev blog. If that is no longer given why is it still listed as a reward? Quite misleading. Or is there a separate blog available to benefactors at that level?

6. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Hm.. I forgot about that tier. Then you probably should have access to it. If it hasn't happened then maybe you should contact a mod about it. It might not be a immediately granted access. I've been on some forums where special access either takes a while for your username to be granted, or they have to manually add you to the list of members that can access it.

7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Also remember it is the weekend...might not be automatic and may have to wait until Monday. Not sure how they have it set up.

8. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

OK thanks. If I still don't have access by tomorrow or monday I will.

9. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Well aside from the Stand Up Corner it hasn't been updated since SEP 24th. The general message boards are much better IMO as they actually have discussions with all angles represented. They are much more fun too! ;)

10. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

Since I don't have access to IRC where i'm it right now let me just ask one more question. I read through the faqs and could find nothing on this.
    Most of the rewards say only available if pledged before release. Am I correct in assuming that since release 1 is not until next week I should get all rewards at and below my pledge level? And for the second part would that no longer be the case after next week or is the cut off for rewards the official release of the full game?

11. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

Thanks everyone. I'll wait until monday then.

I just wanted to make sure I had access to everything my pledge gives me since I payed for it.

12. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

There is a little confusion about pledge tiers along with Founder vs Benefactor.

There is a pledge tier that is Founder. Then there is Founder which only means you pledged before May 20th. To get the Founder Tier benefits, all you have to do is pledge at that level or higher. To get the Founder benefits you had to donate prior to the said date. They really should just rename one of them.

13. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Don't take this as 100% proof, but I believe they are talking about retail release, not Alpha or Beta releases. The only time estimates that count would be for those that backed before certain dates that are mentioned in the reward tiers. Like backing at a tier before May 20th or July 31st for some rewards.

Aulus likes this.
  14. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

Thanks again Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

15. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

16. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

17. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly. Much less confusing.

I find this a little strange. What use is to be able to see the title if I can't read the topics. Unless it's an incentive to increase your pledge amount.

18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

+1

19. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

The Founders Developer Blog is the section you should be able to get into if your pledge is over $60.
    However, it's a read-only place. If you can't see the blog, then that's a problem, and I'd contact
    support@portalarium.com. You should be able to see the Dev Blog above $60, but you don't get the Dev Forums until you pledge $400.

20. eagled2

eagled2 Avatar

That's true. I have setup SMF forums before which can be complicated and time consuming to setup.
    I can view the topic names for the Founders Developer Blog and Shroud of the Avatar Developer+ Forums (Beta) sections but cannot view the posts of any topics. And of course the sections open to everyone.
    I assume that Founders Developer Blog is the one I should eventually get read access to with my pledge but am not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.