Alcohol .... booze....... ? ya I'm not donating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thore Gundi, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Nice try.

We have the purify spell in Novia. Just saying :D

Sir_Michael, Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Well you must admit that there is a difference between coffee and cocaine.

3. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

From minute 0:55 to 2:00 (unless you like Twin Peaks and would rather watch the whole thing). Just something funny.

4. ikickbutt

ikickbutt Avatar

Tea is in game + so are psycho active mushrooms

5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Not really both can kill you with the right concentrations.

MrBlight and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

...which are absolutely not the same in both cases. And addiction is far less concerning with coffee.

Cordelayne, Chatele and Time Lord like this.
  7. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

8. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

We were talking about coffee. Coffee is not pure caffeine. It's not taken as a drug but as a drink. Cocaine is (illegaly) sold as a drug and it involves chimical preparation when coffee mostly don't. Also, the addiction mechanism is pretty different even if those two drugs are cousins.

The study only show that caffeine can be a drug. But there is absolutely no possible comparison with cocaine. You should try to look for brain imageries to convince yourself. The amount of caffeine required for the same effect is pretty higher.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Here is what I wrote. I clearly stated they contain drugs within them which is obviously caffeine..... you stated there is a difference between coffee and cocaine. Clearly the drug within coffee I was talking about is caffeine. While you may believe that coffee can be less harmful there are many clinical studies that show use can lead to both death and addiction. Cocaine which is derived from the coca leaf can also be taken in it's plain brewed form which has been used in Peru for thousands of years. So if you want to compare both unrefined drugs you will fine similar non-toxicity to both coca leaf tea and coffee. Caffeine and Cocaine are the refined products of these plants both of which can be toxic if consumed in large quantities.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I'm way more addicted to smart arse comments on forums than alcohol. Wish they would have had more quick witted zingers in the telethon.

11. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I am addicted to the game and I don't need drugs or drink anymore. if you drink then drink responsibly and have fun in the game

thoregundi, Time Lord and Hornpipe like this.
  12. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Even if you take it that way, clinicaly, you need far less cocaine than pure caffeine to die. So yes, coffee contains drug, but cocain is more dangerous than caffeine. Also, can you tell me how long lived the people who ate coca leafs, hundreds years ago ? How long do they live now ?

Sir_Michael, Chatele and Time Lord like this.
  13. ikickbutt

ikickbutt Avatar

By the way getting hit with a pointy stick or sharpened piece of metal is hazardous for your health as well...........

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Real Life to Avatar~Getting Real~:oops:
    When I see somebody fall down "and puke", if they don't do that with style, I'll then say there's something wrong o_O...

:rolleyes: Long, long ago I had said something about this and that was when I was still living that part of my life in a separatist world, a world where we present a short lived public face, just to quickly after, go out, fall down and puke :p
    There's quite a few things Lord British has taught me over the years through his games and his life, but the one thing all that has ever pointed to was to be yourself and become yourself, through our real life, as well as through our Avatars.

[​IMG]
    It does sort of give closer true meaning to the name...
    [​IMG]
    "Your Highness" :D~Time Lord~

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

it's the Dose that makes the Poison

Time Lord and Hornpipe like this.
  16. Almar

Almar Avatar

In SotA I do many things I wouldn't consider doing in RL. I have some skulls to prove it.

Port have created a fantasy world, in which, like the real world, we get to make our own choices about our behaviour.

I think it's important to see the separation.

I love the personal freedom in SotA and encourage everyone to find a game style, playstyle, moral code, that works for them.

17. ikickbutt

ikickbutt Avatar

Another interesting point - the human body naturally produces alcohol anyway - so technically we are always drunk.

thoregundi and Time Lord like this.
  18. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Certainly the current rate is according to WHO, in Peru, the average life expectancy for both men and women born in 2012 is 79 years, compared to 69 years for men and 73 years for women in 1990.May 19, 2014 which you may note is longer then the USA at Life expectancy in the USA rose in 2012 to 78.8 years – a record high. That was an increase of 0.1 year from 2011 when it was 78.7 years, according to a new report on mortality in the USA from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics.Oct 8, 2014. The oldess woman in the world currently lives in Peru. Peru has consistently had a higher life expectancy compared to the USA even though they are a 3rd world country.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

*You walk up to the elegantly dressed man who opens up a 4 treasure chests full of earthly delights* "Ah my friend as you well see each chest is exquisitely filled with substances that will put a smile on your face. I have Havana Club Rum, Cohiba cigars, Expresso beans and the very potent "Pirate Purple Strain" to put a permanent smile on your brain. Choose your potion or poison". *Grins* R/Boris/El Pirata

20. Curt

Curt Avatar

I am one of the rare beings that never have used an alcoholic drink.
    So you is not the only one offended by their consumation

At least they have learned some temperance compared to the early hangouts, where drunkenness caused the birth of Corpions amoung others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.