I'm going "The Dread Lady"... any advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemonium Malum, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemonium Malum

Daemonium Malum Avatar

"A horrendous and dreadful day to all you mortals out there. I'm feeling rather phlegmatic that I was brought to this disgustingly green rock you call Britannia against my knowing and oracle or no oracle, titans or no titans, you will all pay for this travesty. Ha. In other words slimes, I plan to rule this appalling landscape and its pathetic peoples until your kings are cleaning the fodder from my bootheals with their noses.

...Meh... *sigh* But, in the meantime I thought I would give you weak minded fools an opportunity to show me your ability to serve and let me know if any of you can manage a comprehensible thought related to how I can more thoroughly perfect my reign.

Now... Arf Arf *click click* here doggies... tell mommy what she needs to know..."

((Out of Character OOC - Hi all, a new roleplay character\persona to bolster the ranks in Shroud of the Avatar. I and several other folks here plan to make some player run events available to the community to show you just how much fun RP in a game like Shroud can be. In the mean time, I'm taking this character "Dread" and working hard to establish the ultimate evil in New Britannia.

I said no to the beggars who asked for coin...

I plan to kill the children in artifice, tell the elf I loved my stay and make the evil choices through all the main story arcs...

... and plan to make every effort moving forward to cause my Virtue cloak to glow as blood red as is possible.

My question to you is: Are any of you aware of anything else, story wise, (other than main story arcs) I can do to exact the evil nature of this toon? Any suggestions on side quests where I'm able to take the wretched or evil path or specific activities would be of great help to me, so thank you in advance!))

I'm aware of all the main story arc opportunities, killing the prisioner in the clink... what else is out there?

P.S. - Good to see the <Sota Role-Player> guild folks running around!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*Time Lord puts his evil thinking cap on and begins to drink*
    [​IMG]

Kambrius, Kaisa, Luca Xante and 3 others like this.
  5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

When asked your name... Lie. Talk to every beggar and refuse them a coin.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Fastest and "safest" way is to pickpocket a training dummy, unless of course they nerfed it. I did this to raise my pickpocket skill and my virtue cloak now blazes red because of it lol.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Will you be involved in PVP?

That loophole has been fixed.

8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You could steal everything in sight.

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah just remembered.. recent change to random encounters. If you see dogs on the world map there might be a herd of something.. ie sheep, cows or pigs.. if you kill them all.. farmers will come and attack you. I can only assume killing the whole encounter will (or will eventually) be a lovely hit to your virtue. Especially when they're screaming 'murderer!' and charging you with a pitchfork. *sigh* where am I going to get my free mutton now?

Not sure about horse encounters but I assume they're the same now.

11. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Avatar

Well I don't have much advice but I did like the RP and the PvP allot in UO so
    [​IMG]

12. Daemonium Malum

Daemonium Malum Avatar

OOC: Yes, both personally and for the sake of the events. I will be flagging as soon as I am competent from a skills perspective and we do plan to have PvP elements involved in the events, yes. In order to preserve the integrity of the story, you may find me unflagged from time to time to accomplish specific goals, but my plan is to try and find/hire PvPers to provide protection detail whenever possible. (Unfortunately I cant turn on and off a god mode like the devs can.)

Not all, but many of the events we plan to host will involve large scale community PvP where (hopefully) you may be one of 20+ other players involved provided the community is receptive, but there will be opportunities for everyone to participate even if you have no interest in fighting other players. I will be reaching out to several known RP groups and PvPers to plan these events and find out who is interested in take on certain roles in the stories and events we have in mind. I will also be considering everyone's own personal lore and backstory for their character in order to fit you in the right role that your character would voluntarily want to be in.

One important goal for us is to not compromise anyone's personal attachment to your own RP in order to accomplish goals in ours. What I mean by that is, if you're not willing to play a bad guy, we wont try to force you into taking a role you don't want. I think if everyone enjoys their involvement, it will make for more participation in the future, so you can let me know what you are and are not willing to do.

Decisions related to involvement and role "fit" will all be made after speaking to each person about what they are or are not willing to do. So if you're interested in participating as more than just an onlooker, please reach out to me. We can talk in-game (where I will almost always be in character) or we can talk OOC in private messages or special scheduled in-game planning meetings.

A formal post will be made to the forums here in general once the first event is ready for scheduling. By that time I hope to have the cast in order.

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Breaking crates and barrels in the presence of NPCs ("What was that?") is a good way to drop (I think) Truth. Too good, actually, I don't think I will ever get out of my deep negative Truth unless I finish that quest or they implement some kind of virtue decay.

14. Daemonium Malum

Daemonium Malum Avatar

"Breaking Boxes and denying beggars. Establishing presence would be so much simpler if I could just kill all the townsfolk... What kind of magic is in play here making them all impervious to attack? Even Villagers, Dogs and Cats.

Ah Gross, the Gods here are... 'Animal people'. *gag*"

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's too bad that there's no real reputation system on SotA.

16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

haha - lol - sorry - its not against you, really not, but... ah ok, try it and di it, you will sure need and get help, maybe you have fun to do the grind and such...
    forget about a "role" or "the Dread Lady" - just skill all and everything if you want to be competetive.

there are no restrictions, no limitations, no dependecies - you need to skill all magic trees!
    there is no "roles" or archetypes, only selfrestrictions what makes you bad, somewhat for PvE but totally in PvP.
    this so called classless system is defacto a one class System - All are Hybrid Magicians and "Avatars".

imho it's a SP Skillsystem what isn't in the sightest adaptet to any MP Modes.

Ah and to get asap to the high skills you need try switchmode boskilling, very interesting and fun, not a bit boring or lame :rolleyes:

sorry i am upset

17. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I was thinking the same. I loved the fact that rep meant a lot in UO. That was great.

18. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'll not be as grim on the entire game as Stundorn, but it is true, you'll want to level all magic schools to at least 80ish Attunement so that you can resist said magics when used against you. You'll want to do this even if you have no plans to use ANY skills in these magic trees. The only magic trees I could think of that would maybe not matter as much for attunement would be Earth, because the physical resists do not seem to be tied to attunement, and Life, because you only really *need* high attune there if you want your own heal skills to be potent.

Also, there is an underlying player level called the "adventurer level" that plays a lot more role in your power than many want to admit. As you gain XP points, whether you apply them to skills or not, you become noticeably more powerful. This is not even debatable if you ask me. It is fairly obvious that the adventurer level is deeply rooted in content you can, and cannot do. It impacts a lot more than just the color that mobs' names show up to you. When a NPC mob is orange or red to you, it will hit you hard, and you'll have less chance of critical hits, and you'll miss more often, regardless of your DEX.

These are my personal tips for you, oh evil one.

19. Daemonium Malum

Daemonium Malum Avatar

OOC: Stundorn, just so you and all else are aware, these events and the new RP personas we will be introducing for player run RP is a direct takeaway from @Ravicus Domdred 's thread about self imposed RP rule sets and many many other threads discussing the imbalance within PvP and PvE right now. These events have been a long time coming.

At first, we plan to do some events which can include players with any build or number of GMs to introduce the idea to the community and to gauge interest. In those events, I hope to introduce balance with player numbers rather than the number of GMed skills being the benchmark, so for example, we may be putting dozens of players up against a lesser number of the god build pvpers in the game and see how it goes. The inexorable bloodbath that follows is expected and will honestly be a test to see how a large mob of players can stand up against a party of the best in the game.

That is based on some factors, one of which being that the pvpers will know its an RP event, if they want to participate some basic rules will be in play but the "good guys" are going to have to work together to overcome the odds because while I will do what ever I can to make it "fun" for everyone they wont be asked to pull punches. Inclusivity is the goal initially and if the imbalance makes it impossible, we will adjust our events to a stricter set of rules which will be published at a later date.

The outcome of those player quests will drive where the story will go, so as is with life, failure doesn't automatically equate to defeat.

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Good luck!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.