Trust but varafy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gramps, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

As I am raising enchanting I buy my pre-made armor with double or triple mastercrafting already on the item.

If this is an issue then the only option is to make the items yourself. Then you have no one to not trust.

2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

No, there is also the option of adding the outcome to the log. Only Portalarium can do that, but it completely resolves the problem. It's also kinda essential for the economy to work, otherwise everyone will have to craft their own stuff or probably just stay within their guild (at least of any of the larger guilds). I think being able to order custom crafted gear is pretty important to the economy.

fonsvitae and Nikko like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I totally agree, this information should be added to the log for sure and show up for party members.

The only way I can think of right now to securely do it, is if the player was watching the other player crafting on a live stream while they made the item.

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

True. Reading the stories here - I'd much rather put the crafted work on a public vendor if the intent is to sell the item to the general public. Much safer to keep really custom work within one's guild.

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

All true, however I plan to own a store and I'll have walk-ins I'm sure. It's not something I'd want to have happen with someone I've just met.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think it's different to view this:
    Acting with magic (enchanting) can do a vanishing effect. That's okay.
    May be one time in future, when new land masses raise, we will find the metal scratch Isle, with tons of stuff telling things like:
    "Made unsuccesful by Michael"
    Another possibility, all unsucessful things will be beamed in Richard's chamber of crafter's torture...

Yes, I think with magic this is okay, but without magic involved, just using silver on another metal, should give us silver scratches back :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Sorry about the verify misspelling. I have to confess. I wrote this post because I had heard people complain about this very thing.
    My armor is made by our guild leader who I trust completely. I hear his frustration in chat when he is making stuff for others.
    "Cross your fingers and toe's .. Oh God please don't break."
    The system sucks. As hard as people work to get the mats and you lose everything.
    I would rather see something like. "You have failed at your maser work attempt and need to rest for xx minutes before trying again."
    Still would be frustrating but you wouldn't have an annoyed customer.
    would also be hard for the poor guy trying to level his skill.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

People often complain that full loot is a bad idea because you lose your hard earned effort, then we get this system who can waste an even bigger effort in seconds and you can only blame the RNG and not your temerity for it.

I think this is very wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.