Town - All Commission Vendor Current Sales List.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Peabo, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Ability to ask the town crier to show a complete list of all items currently being sold by Commission free and non commission free merchants in the same town.

This would help with the frustration of checking vendors and wondering if they are empty or the server is lagged.

After finding a deal, you can use the town crier to get directions to the vendor - this also would help players who own homes in less desirable locations for vendor sales.

What does everyone think?

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think vendor sales need some method for player advertisement, but this is the least ideal way of doing it.

I was hoping that bulletin boards would function kind of like a public vendor for only fliers, so people could put up fliers advertising their shops. Right now people put advertisements on public vendors. It would be best to move that all off the public vendor and put it in another location that is designed for that and other things (jobs, want ads, guild events). It would also be a way to advertise your shop from town to town, region to region. They ended up delivering bulletin boards as a kind of deco only.

Having an automated list for sales only imo increases the degree that vendors will just be bargain basement junk bins and disincentives actually building up nice shops to attract customers and player initiative in advertisement. It also doesn't solve the problem of advertising sales town to town, region to region. I want to be able to advertise in Owl's Head that I'm selling in Aerie.

We deserve a lot better in bulletin boards IMO !

Of course, I do think we should be able to name our shops, and have the shop name appear in the town crier list instead of the player name. (And if there's ever cartography maybe we can transfer those POI from a town crier to an actual map !)

I'm still hoping for the more ideal way of doing this, not just because it would mean more immersion but much better gameplay in the end. I don't support automated lists.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Town crier is the perfect choice for this idea.

Time Lord and Peabo like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I like this idea :D!'
    [​IMG]

One of the things I've been advocating for a long time now is an auction broker for those things that may have sat too long on public vendors. A place where all things go after an expiration date on the public vendor has expired. There they could sit for a week and be bid on by any player with the gold offering being held in escrow. Then the winning bid having their deposit amount accepted, all escrow gold on the offering from others would be then returned to each of their accounts. If those things do not sell, then they are returned to the player who created the offering less 20% unless single item which returns to it's owner with no penalty o_O...

Just a thought as to where things should go after their allotted time.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Nataurz likes this.
  5. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Very interesting thought Time Lord, I would love to see more ideas on tweaking the player vendor system :)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.