Houses & Plots

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Wagram, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Also, there are those with rent free deeds that most likely won't ever sell their plot. Unless they plan on purchasing a larger plot down the line. But even then, a rent free deed is probably better to keep (even if rent isn't that big of a deal come launch), and then just buy an upgraded plot of a larger size.

2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I would certainly be tempted to sell my village lot halfway through Episode One if the proceeds could afford me a town or city lot in Episode Two.

Ned888 likes this.
  3. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

well 1000 accounts costs $40000 so that's goods for the game. or 1 account $40 and 10 plots from the shop, sold on EBAY for big profit. True players begin to leave the world Dies

Its not Rocket Science Multi plots are a gold farmers dream.

Ara likes this.
  4. Ara

Ara Avatar

Of course it is.

It is an mainly an investment.

5. smack

smack Avatar

And it will be a player's dream as well because of the simple nature of profit. If the gold farmer is forced to buy multiple accounts at a higher cost, what do you think is going to happen to land pricing? They will go up accordingly. So that artificial limit that is imposed per account is now actually going to drive up the cost of housing in the after market because that gold farmer had to spend more to make more and will thus charge more accordingly to maintain his profit margin.

It's not rocket science but the math doesn't lie. The argument for artificial limitations is hurting genuine players far more than it is to farmers. But anyways, everything being discussed here is pure speculation anyways. We've no clue what it's going to be like.

6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The Gold farmer is not being forced to buy multiple accounts he only as to buy one then he can buy multiple Plots so $40 for the game and as many plots as he wants.
    He would only have to buy Multiple accounts if it was one Plot per account.
    There are only a few that decided to buy multi plots so none will sell their only Plot, that's something you said earlier.
    So any Multi plot owners now are no better than any other game breaking gold farmer.
    Like I've been saying Portalarium have decided to allow Gold farming as part of their Business Plan, and have set the high Plot Price and decided to restrict housing.

7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

You may call them gold farmers; I call them digital goods speculators. Just because some people can spend the time, money and effort to make money playing a game does not necessarily ruin it. It also doesn't make them gold farmers as I understand the term.

rild likes this.
  8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Yes not true gold farmers, I'm sure the game will get its share of those over time. It may become the occupation a lot of players so they can earn the $$$$ to buy a plot.

9. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

I think it is a huge mistake to make plots that scarce, although I understand the reasons why. However this will make the barrier for new players way high once the game got going. More plots in further episodes will be grabbed up quickly by more experienced folks. In UO the barrier for newbies was one of the main reasons why a Trammel became a necessity (you had people just buying the game loose all their enthusiasm in a day).

I also agree that one account should not be able to hold more than one plot. Make the farmers pay for their additional copies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.