Congrats to port on another partnership!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Preachyr, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Avatar

Something having value based upon the momentum of people entering the asset space balanced against the momentum of people leaving the asset space does not define a ponzi/pyramid scheme, that defines market economics. I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that all crypto are experiencing an unprecedented bubble. However, bubbles are an attribute of capitalism, and they can pop overnight or be sustained for decades, with or without fraud.

It's good for port to keep up with cryptocurrency, rather than try to ignore it. The latest SEC warning came very close to defining game currencies as regulated assets like any other crypto. Sitting on the sidelines may not always be an option.

Solazur likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

No lol, you didn't read what I said. Some people can get rich on Ponzi schemes if they get out on time, MOST people will lose everything they have. Ask the people who gave Berny Madoff money how they feel about it when it lost an estimated 65 billion. If it sounds to good to be true... it probably is. Get out while you can with your profit... if not, remember what I said right here in this post after the pop. If there is one fact of history, is that its cyclical and this Ponzi scam is no different then the others scams that crop up ever decade (such as the ~2000 .dot com bubble, ~2008 housing bubble, Junk bonds, penny stocks, etc..etc...etc... )

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

My wife is an engineer at one of the largest tech companies... a couple of our close friends went over a while ago to the new department devoted entirely to blockchain. When I see companies such as hers along with so many others investing Incredible sums into developement...I tend to think there is more going on that what we've seen in the cases you've cited. idk. lol.. I took out my original investment so I'm free to watch. One thing is certain... I really regret blowing off bitcoin @ $3.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ya, the richest and smartest people in the world gave Berny Madoff 65 billion. The smartest people in the world were still betting big on the housing market in 2008 (trillions of $$$ lost).

5. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i never heard of madoff before his ponzi colapsed. bitcoin is behing adopted by more and more people (even they know they can lose all) ..if we are all in the buble, is it still a buble?

6. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

The more people are in the bubble the more people will be fall when the bubble burst ;)

7. Blackadder

Blackadder Avatar

Don't confuse blockchain solely with cryptocurrency. You can have blockchain without it, thus why many companies like IBM are doing massive research into how it can be used to track everything data wise.

LoneStranger and Solazur like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Maddoff was a serious figure in the financial world (former chairman of NASDAQ). What do people know about the founder of Bitcoin? millions upon millions of people were in the middle of the housing bubble in 2008 (everyone) and adopted by the largest banks in the world to the tune of trillions of dollars and none knew but it was still a bubble :)

The key thing to remember is, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

My advice is you sit this one out :)

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

2008... "Everyone" had a mortgage.

11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

haha ya.. indeed they did...I remember after my father-in-law passed away we discovered "he" had several...

funny thing though... only one of those mortgages were really him....no mentioning any names... but certain "too big to fail" scam artists were getting VERY creative...

lord knows... it's a good thing we put our trust in those entities and not the "shady" folks behind blockchain

/s

:)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I was working for a CPA when it was only $9. Didn't buy it (and still wouldn't for the same reasons) but if I'd dropped $1K (which I didn't have) I'd be in really nice financial shape now. Admittedly, I would also have had no food or roof over my head if I did so...

This will be curious to watch to see what happens.

Solazur and Sir Cabirus like this.
  13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I have to say... I'm Sorry that someone here felt I attacked them personally...

However.. a spade is a spade...this thread came about 2 hours after one of the conspiracy theorists on reddit raw first mentioned it. Reading the "raw" thread.. it seems clear that what this is is bait....pure and simple.

but by all means.. carry on with the conspiracy theories...

@DarkStarr lol man you got people working overtime trying to decode your nefarious plans..

14. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Sorry but which part of this is a conspiracy theory?

Did Abyss announce a partnership with Portalarium? Yes... linked in OP.

What part of that is a 'conspiracy theory?

Bob Kelso2 and Sir Cabirus like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This may be a partnership with Black Sun Games team for their own Russian territories. We are checking to confirm this, but we are not involved with The Abyss at this time.

Preachyr and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.