Single player/offline discussion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prydonian, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

Of which this is one... this thread's been around since July, at which time searches turned up nothing similar. And that's not how the word "badger" works. I begin to see what people mean about deliberately derailing threads. I'm going to ignore you from here on.

Well said, on all counts.

I see. Yeah, that's been my reaction to almost every one of the modern reboots in the last few years. I've been hoping the same thing wouldn't happen here, and I guess there's still some room to hope. Is there no way to simply talk to the devs, then? I mean, it's not as though they're hiding somewhere in silence, what with the regular updates. I sent a message through their FB page, but I'm at a loss otherwise. I could try and dig up some of their direct email addresses, I suppose.

They just... left? That's sad. And hard for me to fathom. After an experience like that, I'd keep tilting at that windmill at least until the devs issued some kind of reply.

It has nothing to do with nostalgia. Single-player games are hardly rare things. Unless by "the past" you mean when this Kickstarter launched... You have to understand, people looking for a single-player experience aren't ever going to come around to enjoying an MMO instead.

Derium, Dantuin, Mykll and 1 other person like this.
  2. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

I absolutely didn't jump down your throat. Maybe that's the lack of tone of voice at work, but if that's what's fueling your posts it's a misunderstanding. I was being sincere when I said I was happy for you that you got what you were looking for. I just want to be able to discuss what hope there is for single player without being told that multiplayer is all that matters.

Dantuin and Jamet like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I paid for the Ultima 7 like single player experience and I want to have it. Period.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol. 4 years .. is a long time.
    Even a year since persistance.. how long do you keep giving feedback if the main reasons you backed r missing? How much longer when any answers is vague or misleading... or any criticsism or negativity is moderated?

Yes.. a lot of people left. Simply put.

5. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

The devs have explained that single player was a mistake made by a person no longer with the company, I recall. Thankfully you can always play Ultima 7 anytime!

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I want to win the lottery.
    That's pretty much the same at the moment.
    The more i think about it...i have the better chances. Even without playing lottery ;-)

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What was written and said during the Kickstarter had to be approved by someone. And just because a person is no longer on the team doesn't mean you can no longer stick to what was said back then - because you got money for what was said back then.

So if I buy a Porsche, pay up front and then I get a Daihatsu instead I have to keep it and accept this because the person who sold me the Porsche is no longer "on the team"?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Wow, I didn't know Richard left the company! Thanks for sharing the big news! :rolleyes:

9. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Someone should let Starr know, then ....

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=80776

Q1 2018 Schedule Update

Now that we have reviewed the vision here is the broad overview of the launch content:

Multiple Play Modes:
    Offline Mode with special features and content
    Save Games
    All Store, Pledge, Bundle Items available for gold in-game
    Combat Balance
    Companions

10. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Oh you guys are still getting it. I'm just saying that they're making good on a promise made.

11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Completly a matter of opinion.

I can pay 50 dollars for a steak, and when given 6 week old rotting horse meat, technically you can claim they made good on my order. I would disagree.

Its been argued to death though and expectation vs delivery is a matter of opinion. And the success of the game will decide o if the deliivery was good enough. Clearly peoplr still putting money in think it is. And thats their call. Others feel differently.

12. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

Who was that? I’d like to hear more. Can you provide a link?

Dantuin, Bob Kelso2 and Jamet like this.
  13. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

I saw that. So why, then, is it not possible to get a straight answer from them about what exactly that means?

Come to that, is there any way to actually ask them?

Darlok Brimstone, Dantuin and Jamet like this.
  14. Prydonian

Prydonian Avatar

Makes sense, I guess. It’s just sad that the very people who had the passion to make a difference aren’t around now. But then, I guess I’ve missed a lot. For all I know those people tried to organize some kind of effort to communicate with the devs already and were rebuffed.

(Forgive the multiple replies, by the way, I’m stuck on my phone doing this at the moment.)

Darlok Brimstone, Dantuin and Jamet like this.
  15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Those people were told to wait until the last phase of development before voicing their concerns and chiming in with ideas etc. Because in the last phase the offline mode would be taken care of. Unfortunately this no longer seems to be the case and most have given up hope seeing how the offline mode feels and plays. You can't blame them...

16. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Aww Darkmoon - you just havent spent enough time partying in a hot tub with angel-winged bodybuilders in nappies, bearded ladies and dancing pumpkin headed knights yet.

Do you not recall thy Pumpkin headed companions in U7???

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I must have missed this somehow ;)

18. Adris Elalynn

Adris Elalynn Avatar

They can't answer it because they do not know. They make it up month to month, as is the nature of this type of development. What they will know is the split between what modes people play and we can assume single player is a low percentage as it isn't getting much love. Any plan is loosely followed and subject to major change.

Dantuin likes this.
  19. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Guys guys guys... Your single player is coming in episode 2 just donate to the upcoming Kickstarter so we can get this thing up and running!

20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

*spits out coffee on keyboard from laughing* This is priceless lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.