waiting to play for 2 year and..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benn289, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

What kinda shroud??

Of the avatar or somethin? .-.

Solazur likes this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehe wouldn't spend that on neon... but glacial blue, yeah :D

Thats one thing that was fun about UO, some things were really rare and there was a current fashion and all kind of people tweaking looks with photoshop (I did custom "avatars" for many prominent roleplayer on atlantic) that made some things that were just ordinary in game food for the imagination :)

Ok that wasn't a sentence :p

For me its just that my avatar is pretty much against the obsidians, because he already was one. He knows the depth of their manipulations and knows that even a slightest sigh will push the wheel forward with unforeseen momentum, which is undesirable for many reasons.

For Portalarium and pretty much everyone else I'm sure... its just the defacto "token" to create a balancing overarching economy. I never said tokens were a bad idea, I'm sure it puts more money in pockets of devs instead of RMT, yet solidifies the stability of its market, win win.

However where I make it personal is when symbolic decisions like this are made nonchalantly. There is a BIG, BIIIG difference from book/lore to actual development of our game. This great divide, or gap I perceive is only widening.

So NO... people you can stop harassing me, I'm not buying ANY cryptocurrency, COTOS, or any form of any thing that can make things worse.

If I see the core code, the genetics of the AI, then sure I'll consider it.

In the mean time... have fun dabbing in magic you do not understand, I could care less what people chose, its not my karma.

I think its considered healthy to keep those kind of advice to close friends who actually want to hear my philosophico babble. So nothing is directly addressed to anyone in that regard, noone and everyone rather.

It's a game until someone makes a living out of it and needs to defend his/her livelihood.

That is why my principles defend the meek, the nerd who only wants to play a RPG, even if that is now the minority. The roleplayer a minority, in a RPG... *sigh*

The fiction that is the pure heart of gold avatar, is what the AI needs to make proper decisions for the rest of the players regardless of their motivations. The AI is the only intelligence impartial enough to lead right now...

Or should I say the xorinite ? Unless someone wants to help me divorce them ?

Anyone has the compassion ? :p

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

The character customization needs a lot more options.

Hunter Rose, Barugon, Benn289 and 3 others like this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's not urgent tho... that is something that can be changed at anytime :) We've been nicely asking since the first iteration hehe :D

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

6. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

7. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Seriously if they expect thousands more players, there needs to be way more customization options at launch. If there are only so many choices, everyone is going to end up looking the same.

Just having choices as to what color the tattered rags you start in would be huge.

Benn289 and Cordelayne like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Alright alright... I almost forgot that appearances count for very much in this modern day and new world...

To me I'm still happy playing at fastest setting with basic textures and minimum customization, what matters to me is sandbox options in gameplay :)

I wouldn't wait two years to play because my avatar didn't look exactly how I imagined him :p

Stundorn and Benn289 like this.
  9. Benn289

Benn289 Avatar

You aren't exactly on topic. there is a extremely huge lack of character customization.

10. Benn289

Benn289 Avatar

As extreme as it sounds, its just how i enjoy RPGs and get the most out of them. highly active imagination. i also have ADD and some OCD. so it contributes to what i prefer. i do understand that certain things have priority in your books as well and i respect that. :)

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Cordelayne and Stundorn like this.
  11. Alleine Dragonfyre

It's not extreme at all and a pretty common feature in almost all games now. This is a role playing game and thus especially relevant here. People want to play their own role, be their own character and even, sometimes write their own story. That's hard to do when we all look pretty much the same.

And appearances, for your information have ALWAYS counted for very much in every age...not that this is the topic at hand. Superficiality is not just for the new generation.

Benn289, Cordelayne and Stundorn like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Numa and Benn289 like this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I know, being free to express yourself is always important... however we are working here with a team that comes from games where graphics are less important than gameplay, just playin devil's advocate here. Other games had their evolution towards graphics, ultima well it started doing it when EA started calling the shots.

So in essence, this is not supposed to be like a final fantasy where you have uber powers and the screen flashes and shiny pixels appear. It's more in spirit with the MUD and people filling in the blanks as gameplay is a priority.

Both can co-exist its just important to see both perspectives I think, because very very nice graphics is long to create.

So I have a suggestion for you guys, why not use the question period for next telethon to ask for a stretch goal in the other telethon after that, that if reached a pass will be done on character creation ?

I can very well see that if one artist is being assigned to only this task for a while, that he could greatly enhance the range of possibilities. Maybe different body-types won't be considered because of all the testing that has to be done with how well the armor models fit, but at least you'd get hair styles and more facial customization :)

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree about the body types. It has already been mentioned from the devs earlier it is too much work to make clothes fit different models let alone one body type . This could perhaps come later as will many things, but it is important to get what we can in before release which is of course more of this topic. But I do agree we need more facial and many more hair customization colors and styles, and perhaps lipstick and eyeshadow *hint* *hint*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.