Tower of the Shuttered Eye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oeneusc, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I haven't been to the tower since persistence and I've never been to the top. Last night I successfully killed all the liches and the zerging skeletons and made it to the top floor. The top floor is apparently where they torture people without money.

The "treasure room" had several chests with bits of fabric, miscellaneous junk, gem fragments and a small amount of coin. It's like raiding a heavily guarded flea market. There are no rares, good crafting components or sizable amounts of gold. Oh, but there's a note. A note mocking you for even thinking there would be something good inside the heavily guarded, evil, black swamp tower. There's more gold in a overland bandit encounter chest.

After selling all the shite wands, bows and swords I pulled in approximately 350gp. This is without reagent costs.

Why is this a thing? Who thinks that a non-ultima type, new Steam sourced player, is going to thing this is awesome?

Cordelayne, Numa, Gorthyn and 3 others like this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

maybe there is/was a quest involved without spoilery entry to the log (on the note is IIRC a towname)

Oeneusc likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

to answer you question viably was that it was once a much more profitable place but since it was then farmed for those resources . . . they just killed it outright.

Could have made it viable for the first time and after that . .

as hinted there is a quest for it that works a little differently but it also has almost nothing of value for a reward, other than saying you completed it.

This is akin to the just shutting down the chest at control points.

Oeneusc and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I'm assuming this is part of the path of love question line. Questing is another issue that I have with Shroud. I have three "talk to Khasi" entries, the spirit talker agrees to help, he's busy at the Necropolis. All of my major quest are a total mess. I don't even bother anymore.

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There were quite a few Khasi quest flag bugs which you might be suffering from.

Oeneusc likes this.
  6. cpaek72

cpaek72 Avatar

I agree the main quest line has too many bugs to count. If you do anything out of order, which most people will most likely do by just talking to npc's it just breaks. Gave up on the main quest until launch. I'll do my one time quest reset on that day. Still not out yet, so hopefully things get resolved for the most part for launch.

Oeneusc and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

After reading this thread I returned to the Tower of the Shuttered for the first time since over a year and was amazed at how it had changed. I like the changes made to the scene (except for the mushrooms - I hate confusion! :confused:

At first glance, I thought the loot upstairs was great - I found plate chest armor (which I really need) and plate boots in the chests. Then I saw they had durability of zero. So only scrap metal after all. :(

It would be nice if the loot were better - good enough so that lower level avatars would gladly risk their necks to get it, but not so good as to make it a regular farming area for high level avatars.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'd like to see some equipment there that can be partially enhanced by crafting. Even rare lootable furniture would be a major improvement :rolleyes:

Spoon, Oeneusc and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Give us a chance to loot a Razer DeathAdder banner to hang in our homes. I'm sure that would bring folks to the Tower.

Numa, Rentier and Hellscream like this.
  10. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

YES PLEASE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.