Time to Adventure out into the world of game coverage. Have Courage!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

@MrBlight Its totally realistic for games to get more enjoyable and complete given time. But anyway, It will be great to watch. And I won't be writing off this horse any time soon, regardless of what happens.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh i agree. And i expect the regulars still on here feel the same.
    But i guess i was going to say funding and other projects become more and more a factor every day.
    Anyways.
    Hopefully the release goes well. Personally i think its going to estsblish a lot of how they go forward.

3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

@MrBlight all progress so far has been establishing forward momentum, and there has been a very impressive and consistent patch cycle that tells us this beast isnt going to slow down any time soon, even if the release is a patch or two early in hindsight. But im not going to run around like a headless chicken. Im impressed with how ive been seeing things progress, even though a lot is difficult to notice.

4. The Obsidian Eye

The Obsidian Eye Avatar

I am watching all of you! Even those that dost protest to much! Though overstate thy opinion without recourse! You will receive thy injection that will altar your state! *the obsidian's injected people and changed them*

5. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

In fact a post with a logical fallacy like that is against the forum rules... I guess they let this one slide ;)

6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

mental health awareness and treatment is a world wide issue and needs to be handled with compassion and patience.

its something that many people can not understand but when a person has mental health problems its almost impossible for them to help themselves, reach out for help, or allow someone else to help them.

chances are someone you interacted with today is struggling with mental health problems. from something as simple as anxiety to something much more devastating such as schizophrenia.

there are no easy answers and many millions of people all around the world cry themselves to a uneasy sleep every night only to awaken to the same nightmare of themselves or a loved one suffering from these issues for the rest of their lives.

7. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thanks, @Numa, we have issues on both sides of the fence at times but even if it's not quite balanced yet, it is representative of the fact that most folks who enjoy the game never seem to make it onto Reddit. I would estimate currently that less than 15% of active subredditors play the game regularly, and that's reflected both in posts and comments within posts. Completely understandable.

Now here's the interesting thing, tying in @Vladamir Begemot 's original post. Game journalism, when reporting the past concerns of the game, need to have a source for said concerns. Turns out our subreddit is a great place for journalists to find concerns, from more than 85% of our subredditors.

So yes, shower positive comments in these articles, but if one wants to make an impact on the article itself, please consider bringing yourself to add to the civil and mature player perspective to the subreddit!

8. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

@hroth Ben, I would appreciate posting in a subreddit where people don't troll me. theStingraY has used a word noone uses in my part of the world unless they are demeaning someone, I understand its not the case everywhere so I politely asked him to refrain. ~10 times in the last 12 hrs, at what point are we allowed to protest we are getting harrassed/trolled?

9. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Do you think it's appropriate to pull the thread off the original topic?

I am happy to discuss any of this in private or in any appropriate forum.

10. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I was looking for irony in this thread but can't find it.

Isn't what you are fighting against here exactly what people who have had genuine concerns on these forums had to put up with for years? Being shouted down and insulted and chased off just because they had concerns about the game?

Talking about people creating a career out of putting SOTA down? How about the people here who have dedicated the last few years stamping down on genuine concerns about the game?

And you wonder why there are people out there who took against it and went elsewhere to vent. You created the monster, live with it.

11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

The thing with criticism is it's a two way street. As long as nobody is breaking the rules or using personal insults then when you post something critical you should expect an equal and opposite reaction.

craftymethod likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Read the comments in the eurogamer article and tell me I created that monster and need to live with it.

Numa, Kain Darkmoor and Astirian like this.
  13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think it's both sides that let that escalate. A critic being threatened so that he has to use a lawyer? This goes way too far!

3devious, Addison, jammaplaya and 2 others like this.
  14. Katu

Katu Avatar

Players come if they come. Rmt is a big issue and the obvious p2w elements ( you can sell leveling services right here on these boards and being high level and rich is winning in mmo games. Most of the games offer ban for such actions).

I like where the game is heading now and I hope we get lots of players.
    White knights at some forums are not helping (as clearly visible in eurogamers) nor developer stepping in there..

I like this and I have told my friends about it, and that should be enough.

Mykll, Sir_Hemlock and Astirian like this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You're right, no one should be threatening anyone. I reported that guy in reddit back in December as well.

No, it's good some of us at least let the world know that it isn't 100% hate for the game. And no one threatened anyone in that thread that I saw. We received a lot of direct attacks, but stay strong and let people know that there are people who play and like the game and are willing to stand up and be counted.

Astirian likes this.
  16. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

"It is worth noting that (Shroud of the Avatar has) been the target of an organized campaign for the last several years by a group of individuals who post on every website, review, social media, etc. that mentions or features the game. This group spreads misinformation, takes information out of context, presents incomplete information, etc. in an effort to damage the game and sway opinion against the project. So please use caution when viewing "facts" from certain sources."

- Darkstarr

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  17. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

the irony in this thread has suddenly become palpable

18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Barugon, Numa and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  19. Koss

Koss Avatar

The guy and the lawyer thing... Maybe its true but frankly I don't buy anything that spews from his mouth. He's very caustic and spews hate about the game at every available opportunity. (And I mean every. Hehe)

But to each his own. :)

I do kinda find it odd that he still has an account here...

20. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

[Citation needed]

Addison and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.