Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Our Impressions... Not ready for launch.. dissapointing

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Majestic, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Should be a visual warning when your rent is low.... It's stopping people from putting up places and decoing in fear of forgetting etc, OR perhaps at least sending it to magic mover, something more mentally satisfying than finding house gone and over 2k items in bank. PLEA....... =)

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love when players post good feedback like the OP. True we are not done but certain little details are important to make this game flow better. Like the 'where to live' book players now get needs a link to the source in game. Players should not have to have the forum opened as many do not even use the forums or care to. To give the feeling to players that they can access information in game that allows them to find the information they need it should be in game.

Please add the in game link to housing information of where to live/rent etc in game to the book. I am so excited that we got the book, I truly just thinks it needs to go a step further with a clickable link that takes the player to that information and I don't say that lightly or just to complain. I truly believe it with all my heart. We need this available to the players so they know. Imagine how many will not take time and go to the information on their own. Imagine how this will affect their game experience not wanting to talk to other players if they don't have to.

I hear so many players say they have social anxiety, luckily I don't have this but I did have it a little at times until I took years of training courses to overcome it for myself ;). But that's just me not everyone will do this. So the easier they can get this information the better. Then they can just send a whisper to the land owners and get their place to live established. @DarkStarr

edited

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Chatele and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

I love read somthing like this - I found bug. FU-U-U...

Any game has only 2 state - playable or not playable... any others not matter...

Current "Hit" PUBG start with a tonn bugs, completly not optimising and not balansing... And what? Ppl buy millions of copies... because its playable...

SotA in current state absolutly playeable game. Has bugs, and has more bugs in future. Because game in development (MMO game is always in development) has bugs...

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

We need higher level tamable pets. ;)

Chatele likes this.
  5. Majestic

Majestic Avatar

It seems you have been able to replicate the issue so I won't cover off on that again, however, even playing through the quest myself to see if I could do it, the directions to use the caravan are buried within the text of conversation among 100 other tidbits of information. If someone is not reading every since sentence and absorbing it, it can be easily missed. Now, put that together with someone new to the game (and doubly so for people who are from the WOW clone warrior army) and they are not going to realise you can use caravans, balloons, boats etc to travel and will just try and walk past. And on top of this, all the quest related items in the scenario were highlighted (sword, key hole, note in the keep) to let you know that is what you need to interact with... except the caravan.... so there is also a consistency issue there.

Again, take yourself out of the knowledge of the game and try and see it as a new player to SoTA, as will be the case at launch, and as the first_thing_you_do_in_game is a) confusing/unclear and b) has bugs then you can see why I am scarred that you want to launch in a months time. You can get away with quests that don't work at end game, or quests that require you to talk to an NPC before using a boat instead of just using the boat from the overland map. But the first moments of the game need to be clear, concise and fun or you simply won't have a playerbase.

I think if you need to add a pop-up there is something else more obvious that needs fixing for the player.

This is great and agree as well. One of the best things I love about SoTA is that you can find a piece of land somewhere and call it "Home" and have an area you, as a player, choose and not because of what level range you are, that you can quest and adventure in. Being from Australia I don't see too many players outside of my close circle of friends online so finding out information socially in game can be difficult.

So thanks for missing the point of my post even though I did try and reiterate it multiple times. Agreed all games have bugs regardless of budget/studio/genre, agreed SoTA is playable and I do enjoy it for the most part (pretty much questing is the thing that frustrates the hell out of me). However, my point is this, all these others games, have the basics and most importantly initial game moments polished before launch, because everyone knows if you can't grab the attention of a player at the initial moments, the player will not become attached and invested into the game. Elder Scrolls Online is a good example of this, especially at launch. It was bug ridden, quests broken, certain skills OP but... the intro, interface, grouping was excellent, and because of that people got addicted to it.

SoTA, in the example I provided, prevented a new player from even completing the first quest in the initial moments of the game from completing due to a bug, and really, not even a difficult/unusual/hard to reproduce bug. And I think the main cause is that we are all playing/testing/developing this game with guilty knowledge of how things work in SoTA after playing it for so many years, the simply mechanics of the game are not being introduced in an easy enough manner to new players.

Anyway, as I have said numerous times, I love this game and I really want it to succeed and want to build the playerbase like the days of old. All I can do is give my thoughts/feedback and it is your prerogative if you want to take it on board or dismiss it, I can only give you my personal thoughts and hope for the best.

discipleofweb and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.