Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design]Royal Founder Royal Artistan Taming Creature Call (Chest Mimic) is Bugged

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Brickbat, May 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Title: Royal Founder Royal Artisan Taming Creature Call (Chest Mimic) is Bugged

Reproduction Rate: Unknown

Blocker? Annoyance

Details:
    Step 1 - I summoned mimic to grab agro as I ran past a bunch of mobs through siege.
    Step 2 - The mimic appreared and died nearly instantly from mobs.
    Step 3 - I continued on and died anyway.
    Step 4 - I exited the zone.
    Step 5 - I attempted to summon mimic again after 15 minute summon cool-down expired and got "You are not ready to do that yet."
    Step 6 - Necklace shows a red string - "Resurrectable" only I am not in the instance where it died, so it's a no go.
    Step 7 - Unable to trade, place, or put the Necklace in a chest.

Steps to reproduce: Unknown, I don't have another RF RA TCC (Chest Mimic) to use to do that with.

User specs: OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32707
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU RAM: 1994
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: Kingsport
    Area Display Name: Kingsport
    Loc: (40.3, 23.3, 48.9)

V/R Brickbat

2. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Not a bug.
    The item is not tradeable by design. The non-tradeable items cannot be placed as deco and put inside containers by design.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

**** (word removed by Berek) - I purchased this in item in the market AND the previous owner was able to trade it to me. Maybe, you are saying that because the mimic it is dead I can't trade it.

@Attenwood

Why won't regular "Resurrection" which I do have trained resurrect it? So I have to spend useless points in "Resurrect Creature" to resurrect it? And further because I can't trade it I can't get a taming friend to resurrect it - utter nonsense.

Brickbat

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  4. Mischievous Dragon

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Thank you for your feedback - without a comprehensive players manual to tell us minutiae like that we rely on the bug crew.

Situation re: a Pledge Reward Mimic is assine imo - off to WASTE points in PET REZ.

I presume that reporting the UN-TRADE-ABILITY of said collar is a waste of time.

6. Mischievous Dragon

It is tradable only when there is no red text "Resurrectable" in it.

7. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Not to argue the point, because you aren't responsible for this nonsense.

I am Level 80, and I haven't wasted points on these skills - I am crafting Taming Collars and all the rest to allow myself to do this...

But a brand new player starting the game with his trusty Mimic - it dies, he leaves the scene (because how does anyone know that doesn't read the minutiae of the forums that is what breaks it) - he doesn't have Pet Rez and he can't get it back until a week or later or so later when he spends resources, experience points, and train the skills up. His friends can't help him, because he can't trade it to them. They can't target his Taming Collar in his Paperdoll....so no mimic for a long while. It worked fine that they just resurrected before. Bad change.

So now I am off to buy and train Taming 1-20, buy and train Pet Heal 1-40, and buy Pet Rez to 1 - when I have real Resurrect at Level 70 because Portalarium decided that suddenly Mimics shouldn't work like that have always worked - coming right back when you can summon. Nonsense. Just my opinion. F-ing stupid.

Not at all respectfully, Brickbat

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  8. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Brickbat, Thanks for reporting, Issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

9. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Brickbat The mimic pet was never intended to be as powerful as it was originally released. As we continued to work on the system, there were known bugs that included the ability to immediately resummon mimics as if they never died, the ability to resurrect creatures/people with BOTH Resurrect Creature and Life Resurrect, and a LOT of state/data bugs that arose from previously allowing players to sell pets that were in transitory states (imagine trading for a ferocious red spider that only had 3 minutes resurrectable life left.)

A lot of buggy edge cases came out of those. So, yes, we blocked sale and trade of dead creatures, and the mimic, despite having the blessing of never perma-dying, still falls into this camp. Sale text:

"This horn will summon a Chest Mimic which is automatically tamed; this is the unique ability to tame an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame!"

Beyond acquiring a mimic pet IMMEDIATELY upon starting the game, and the comfort of knowing that it will never permanently die, it is by design that it must follow the same rules as all other tamed creatures which includes the need to be resurrected via Resurrect Creature. Only bugs (now addressed) were what allowed Mimics to behave as freely and be as powerfully utilized as they were previous.

10. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

It was mostly an inconvenience for me, once I figured out what I needed to do = a couple hours crafting collars with previously gathered resources, learning skills, and all that 30,000-ish xp and fixed.

For a new player it could be pretty difficult to do quickly. Allowing, regular resurrect to work on the mimic ones maybe OR letting someone else to targeted the collar in a trade window or by examining the paper doll and/or targeting that player. Or standing at an Resurrection Anhk senses the dead pet on an equipped collar and resurrects it.

V/R Brickbat

11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Most new players we expect won't have mimics, and will have to learn how to handle taming/pets as commonly perma-dead, with options for resurrection being possible after time and patience. Sorry for the inconvenience!

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  12. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

A week?!??!?! I have not even come close to being able to rez my Chest Mimic since persistence.

Powerful?!??! Only as a distraction, perhaps.

13. Craal

Craal Avatar

As a founder who just started playing and is experiencing this, it is pretty disappointing as well as other assinine decisions made by the devs for this game. This is only my third day and little by little I'm losing patience with all the niggling distractions to my enjoyment of the game. It seems like you are deliberately trying to annoy people with silly rules like this. I've put off buying any house bundle because I don't want to waste my hard earned money buying something I might not use and things like this are making me glad I made the choice to wait. I hope someone takes this to heart and tries to make the game more user friendly instead of being so stubborn. New players in this day and age, I guarantee you, will make their decision to stay or not in the first few days of play. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.