Old pledger, first time playing.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Sillyfish, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Sillyfish - Navarre Blackmoore and @Navarr1948 - Navarr Trustrikarr both feel free to accept and add me in game I would be happy to take your around for a bit and help out if needed to learn gain some exp, gather some resources, or just adventure.

Grumpie Weinie

And Welcome both of you

Sillyfish likes this.
  2. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Hi and welcome!

If you want to amass a fortune, it's better to gather materials and sell to others than to craft yourself. It makes sense really, the crafting is the fun part (and agonizing to be honest). Gathering is the time consuming job, and it often pays better to do the heavy less prefered work.

But killing stuff can make you lots of gold as well so don't worry!

Sillyfish likes this.
  3. Sillyfish

Sillyfish Avatar

Haha! NIce name bud.

Navarre is my first name IRL, and in every fantasy MMO I've ever been in it's always been taken. I'm very pleased to be able to use it this time. :)

4. Sillyfish

Sillyfish Avatar

This part interests me a lot. Refining something into usable commodities reminds me of EVE Online. Like I said, I like metal. I can't log into game right now and I haven't looked at all the crafting stuff, but I wonder if I can mine the ore, then refine it into bars and sell ingots. I have no problems mining for hours. Could be fun!

5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Welcome to the SotA family, Sillyfish!

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sillyfish and By Tor like this.
  7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia, Sillyfish! I am glad you decided to "see for yourself. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy the journey!

8. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

Welcome to SOTA! I always enjoy meeting new players and helping them explore the world of SOTA.
    It is even more fun when it is someone that has as much interest as a fellow early backer. The game can bring up heavy doses of nostalgia while being something completely new.
    I have found that many new players prefer to explore on their own and have knowledgeable friends they can whisper with questions. I think it has something to do with the average player being a bit older than we see in most MMOs.

This game is more about leveling your skills than it is about leveling your character.
    Since you asked How to be powerful, I will skip the part about exploring your character, testing this and that, and having fun.
    The single most important thing to do is: *Plan out your leveling.*
    1) Learn *how* to level skills for the best results. Focus your leveling 1-2 skills at a time. Watch some YouTube videos and use other sources of information to learn all about the leveling system. This will really help you see growth in your skills faster.
    Stopping all skill growth just to accumulate unused experience in an experience pool may sound crazy but that is what you will learn to do.
    2) Learn *what* skills to level for the best results. Focus on leveling skills that work with and enhance each other. Grow these skills together while rotating 1-2 at a time.
    Having your master swordsman spend precious experience to learn fire magic may seem a waste. But going straight for that one skill which increases your resistance to fire, can be a life saver.

Having said this, there is no wrong, choice. Because there is no limit to how many skills you can level (with the exception of specializations) and you can unlearn any skill if you really feel like you want that experience back. ( most of it anyway)

ok I lied, I won't skip that part about HAVE FUN, explore your character and test things out.
    By the way, I keep my coin purse in a very uncomfortable place. Good luck.

Turin

PS It is super late as I type this and I have had little sleep. So I take no responsibility for any of the above.

9. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Hey there Sillyfish!

I'm an Aussie player - however I am a quite busy with work atm and don't get much chance to play. There are definitely some other Australian players around as well. Feel free to add me as a friend in game: Tanglewood.

Also, if you need a room to rent, you can have a rent free room at the "Dionysian Inn" in Brittany fields (you can find some info about the inn/tavern in the sub-forum for rentals). No other players are renting there atm though and it's pretty quiet, so maybe you might prefer to go for a POT.

All the best Sillyfish!

10. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Hi Sillyfish welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure.

when I joined the game I thought I would be alone in the game out here in the UK but the players of the game have managed to create a global community by using the forums, twitch and discord and help is just a click of a mouse and the community will respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.