Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashes when leaving/entering towns/scenes worth reporting?

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I was happily playing for months with no crashes, but in the past two releases I have been experiencing crashes when entering or leaving scenes about once or twice a week. It happens infrequently enough that I haven't bothered to submit crash logs. But I wonder if I should. Over a year ago I remember reading which section of the crash log was pertinent, and I used to include it when submitting a bug report. But I can't remember what section that was.

Sorthious likes this.
  2. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Personally, I haven't experienced a game client crash in months. However, at this final stage of polishing the game prior to release, I'd always report a crash along with all of the supporting information that I could.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I was getting these as well, but they are so sporadic and never seem to happen in the same place twice. Had a problem in Port Phoenix, but that place did a CTD every time you crossed a certain area on that map. Now, it seems my CTD's are just totally random, and you can't really do a /bug after the crash occurs. A lot of times if I get those CTD's I can't log back into the map that it happened on, and have to start on the world map. I think my Port Phoenix problem was fixed but the bug report still shows Info Needed. I would still report your bug though, maybe they can eventually isolate the problem.

[Info needed] Complete Shutdown(Port Phoenix- 110.2, 38.0, 175.1)

4. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Had this happen yesterday entering one of the passes.

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I've been getting this a lot lately, unfortunately they seem pretty random, and I can't discern any real pattern. I did submit a report on one, but it was pretty spartan because, being a C2D, I couldn't get my normal info.

On the bug reports page it says, "There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged." They claim they get the crash report, so I just gave them the time, so maybe they can find it and check it out. That said, if they are collecting the crash reports, presumably they have someone looking at them. Given that quote, I don't know that submitting a report on them really helps, but it does make me feel like I'm doing my part. *shug* Kinda wish they'd offer a bit more clarity there.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I haven't had a crash in a while, but the usual reason is out of memory when changing zones, because I generally try to avoid a full quit out of the game client. I don't do anything else on the computer (though I may switch HDMI input to a different computer), so I just leave it at the login screen and get affected by long-term memory leak problems. And usually the hitching gets me to restart the client by then anyhow.

But even more important, they supposedly have proper automatic data collection. Even when it says "a crash log has been generated send it to the devs", it apparently gets sent to them automatically anyhow. So that message must be deep in Unity, or they would have changed it by now. And it also (AFAIK) doesn't require going through the launcher, so I don't bypass it by pinning the client app to the task bar.

7. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

I just got stuck at 98% loading screen, same thing just happend to a friend too. Last time I had that was a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.