Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto targeting wildlife when Enemy in range

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by moxiepilot, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I'm not sure if there is a way to create a hierarchy of threat in descending order to prevent auto attacking deer instead of bandit/kobold/enemy. When using auto attack and an enemy comes within range, if there is wildlife closer, the avatar will attack that creature due to proximity. Seems pretty silly to fire one off at a stag right before a 5 person mob comes at you. Just sayin'...

discipleofweb and Hermetic like this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

poor rabbits....

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea I hate this... I go to save a deer from a wolf, attack the wolf with my sword, and because its close enough end up attacking the deer I'm trying to save.

It would be okay if it made sense, but the targetting radius is kind of unrealistic compared to real life.

It also why I ended up hitting the dragon in Boreus while.fighting imps...

Simply put, friendly mobs should be harder to hit as secondary targets if your main target is an enemy.

4. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I know, right?

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's not just wildlife, you can have a hard target on your important enemy, then an unimportant one wanders nearby 30 degrees off of where you were aiming and too bad, the awesome attack you were saving up for was wasted.

If there's a locked target in range, that should get priority.

Also, there are at least two different behaviors, one is used by fire arrow, another is used by searing ray. It's been so long that I can't remember the details.

Then there are the times my when locked target dies while still staying selected, and my spells were go to the corpse instead of someone else, until I hit esc or re-target.

6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

This is actually a problem for melee too. It I am trying to eliminate an archer and 2-3 other enemies run in closer, it will hit them instead of the hard targeted archer. It is very annoying. Since there is no realistic collision between enemies they can just squeeze in closer and screw up my tactics.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Welcome all to the world of screwed-up targeting.
    Been this way forever, and countless Avatars have complained/posted on it, for YEARS now.
    But it remains fubar'd....
    Oh well........

Weins201 likes this.
  8. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

RIP horses!

moxiepilot, FrostII and Kara Brae like this.
  9. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Im not sure if they are trying to make the game harder by making you fight through the warriors charging at you before you can kill the archers or mages behind them. It is slightly annoying.

I think I heard someone say that critters like rabbits arent supposed to auto target.

Plenty of fresh crispy rabbit lying around the countryside. I'd like to believe its quick and painless but I fear its more like the electric chair for the poor little buggers.

R.I.P Rascally Rabbit... we hardly knew ye.

10. .rhavin

.rhavin Avatar

Thought I finally found an RPG that listens to its user base - thats the whole reason it is the first MMO I put money into. ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.