1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

The Making of Blood River Forest

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by SorcerousSteve, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Xibalba?

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Needs more giant rolling boulders.

Saosis and Drake Aedus like this.
  3. SorcerousSteve

SorcerousSteve Developer Emeritus

Hey guys, SorcerousSteve here to give you the latest on the Blood River Forest!

Well of Invigoration
    [​IMG]

Ancient paintings line the walls of the Pyramid complex.
    [​IMG]

Looking North to the fish hatchery, on the left smoke can be seen coming from the fish smokehouse while on the right we can see some of the fish pools.
    [​IMG]

Inside one of the fish icehouses an elf takes inventory.
    [​IMG]

Copper Golemns wreck havoc on the open pit copper mine.
    [​IMG]

A pack of wild boar charges through a section of the Blood River Forest.
    [​IMG]

The moment where a meteor from the ongoing meteor shower swings by the pyramid backdrop.
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy R52!

Esteben Zaldivar
    Level Designer

Saosis, Hornpipe, Barugon and 5 others like this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

That looks alot better than the pink textures i saw on QA ;)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also as we come to release in just a very few days please to all world builders make sure these scenes have some reasons to bring players back again and again with discoveries as I mentioned but wandering npcs too that while fighting they tell pieces of their side of the story. Please have dailies and discover-able quests in scenes. I know it seems I am harping on this but I don't return to some of the scenes. I just go check them out and explore and then I'm done. Scenes need to also have stand alone things to do that are repeatable. Like some days someone may want to run around doing dailies and then they can just do that well if we have them. Some days they may feel like doing some deeper story quest lines or grinding, or killing bosses, or decorating, but it is important that we have this.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.