Buying homes in game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thulmor Kingslayer, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thulmor Kingslayer

Thulmor Kingslayer Avatar

I saw a video off a YouTube video from the past and you could buy a town deed or a plot of small land off the website. Was that option only for early backers do not see it under the store?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You can buy them ingame now at the obsidian crown merchants in every big city.
    Not sure at the moment if they got removed from the webpage entirely. Cant check it because I am on mobile and it's rather a pain ^^ sorry.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  3. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Offline it's 120k gold for the smallest plot I believe. Online you can buy raffle tickets for certain at 5k or 10k depending on type, but based on Earl Atogrim von Draken's post maybe you can buy them directly with COTOs too?

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You can, trust me ^^ they are on the coto mechants.
    I just don't know if they are still on the add on page in the web store.

Pot deeds mind you. Place anywhere deeds can only be obtained through the raffle or the marketplace forum.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

A POT taxed row lot deed (tax is 500 gold per day) costs 85 COTOs on the housing Obsidian Crown merchants. I didn't make note of the prices for the other sized lots because the tax would be prohibitive for me.

6. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

housing is the worst thing about this no easy way to buy a house they do have tax free bundels you can buy during telathons the row house cost like $200 then there is the lottery where you can buy tickets for 5k or 10k gold but you'll end up loosing that probably since most the older players buy like 20 or more tickets to get the 85 coto lot you'd have to buy 115 cotos for $100 then you'd still need to buy a house or craft one

now that the bad news is out of the way there is some good news players can rent out rooms in inns that should be at a reasonable cost some guilds will even give you a free room in a inn if your in thier guild

best advice i can give for new players is join a good large guild that offers such help

7. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

You can buy COTO using in game gold, not a dollar of real world money needs to be spent. The 85 COTO gets you a row lot, which by default comes with a home. Sure it will take some time to save up enough to buy, and renting a room is a great alternative, but technically it really is pretty easy to do.

8. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

ya true forgot that you can buy cotos from other players for in game gold but they selling pretty high at the moment maybe even close to the actual cost of buying them with real money hopefully they will go down to a reasonable level it's taken me almost a year to get close to 1 mil gold which is a bout how much it would cost for a row house lot so i really feel for new players trying to get a half way decent house at launch

9. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

As of this post crowns are selling for around 4,000gp each. So that is roughly 340k needed to buy a house. With semi-causal play if you were to power save it could be done in 3 months tops. With a guild or friends pooling obviously much quicker. I remember it took 4 of us to earn enough in UO to buy my first home, but it is a day I'll never forget.

Elwyn likes this.
  10. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

that is diffently one the good and bad thing about this game risk vs reward or in this case time vs reward they way you feels after you finaly get that $2,000,000 house :)

Retlaw likes this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I have been playing for months... and I have... less than 15k...

And my guild brought me to many top tier instances, almost every night in the last month.

We took the risk to go to quel shardfalls yesterday, I came back with a huge, 200 gold and some gem fragments, nothing to harvest, no monsters who took us more than 2 seconds to defeat to lend a juicy 20 gold each.

Total loss of time... I'm always the one who wants to go to harder more risky places... and now they're starting to get very discouraged.

12. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Check out this "blog" post. Gives you an idea of what is possible. Just around a month and 110k gold earned, almost all solo.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  13. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

4k? Where? Can you tell me the exact location of this vendor please?

@Retlaw that price is complete misinformation from what I can see in game. I have been buying and selling a lot of COTOs and it appears to me like you are completely misguiding new players with false information.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  14. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

You could buy one off the player marketplace for cash. It costs a couple hundred I think for a place anywhere ROW deed. There is some risk in those transactions though as they are through PayPal or the like.

15. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Many players have deeds right on their vendors. Use in game gold. It’s not near as hard as some of you are making it seem to make money and get real estate in this game. Buying and selling and harvesting everything net big money. Also agriculture.

Retlaw likes this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you are talking about an RMT transfer, yes there are places you can get them and one in particular still sells bundles. the exact bundle used to be in the store but is now only sold there.

you can spend money to buy a bundle the smallest is a Row 2 story for 299 and up to a city one for 3299. If you are really looking at spending like you said got a row lot you are better off buy one there.

Read the packages and good luck.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And to help you save and have a place to place chests and deco and hang your hat contact other players who offer free housing and rooms. Some charge a bit of rent others do not. I am majoria in game if I can ever help. The raffles have just come back in the game and don't forget to talk to the oracle for 500 gold and today it said 1000 xp when I talked to her. Here is the link for you.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/rental-services-free-places-to-live.1067/

edit and oh it is not so bad staying in rooms. Many landlords offer lots of amenities like use of commission free vendors and planting etc.

Lyndoman likes this.
  18. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Im pretty casual of a player, and make lots of money from stockpiling the borers and sooty bark from trees and cutworms from cotton bushes. A few weeks stored up usually = 50,000 or so. I also just sold about 3k corpse wax stockpiled from skeletons for a ton of cash too. You can make that money farming the overworld encounters, though thats kinda boring.

Retlaw likes this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

While I may be a bit above average, I made 600K last month (my best month ever since R49 which was six weeks long), not counting about 75k in big purchases for new gear. That's without selling COTOs (except for five I found at 3500 and resold for 4400) or rewards.

So yes, 340k in three months is doable, and the housing system is very much set up to allow shared living.

Retlaw likes this.
  20. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

@Cock of the North Unfortunately if some group is trying to artificially inflate prices and take advantage of all the new players there isn't much I can do about it. Considering the price hike (which is still only 4,800gp a COTO) that additional 68k gold is totally doable and not spreading any kind of "miss information" as you call it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.