Your boring mobs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ganjamanus, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

Sick of killing another mob that drops a shoddy bow and 10 gold.
    Skeletons, elves,humans all the same just different looking.....
    Next lvl mobs all the same just more damage and hp.....
    How boring can you make it....
    Not to mention the annoying color code: green you hardly mis, yellow you sometimes mis, orange you mis alot, red you mis most attcks.
    Most ftp games do this better lol.
    How about skeletons being the masters of death magic....elves masters of archery....kobolts fierce strong warriors ect.
    How about giving them more skills each lvl instead of just more hp and damage......

2. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

How about giving them more LOOT ??

3. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

I really like mobs!

4. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

nope you will gather recources and sell them to the whales so they can lvl up theire crafts and sell the endproduct back to you.....personally i would rather destroy my mats

5. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Welcome to the grind. Loot table has been this way for some time and it's pretty much the same when killing all the bosses with slight variations. We've complained for the longest time and they don't seem to care.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Enemies got more abilities and as I know, this will be done furthermore over the next releases. They're working on special moves and more abilites.
    Well, can't remember a special intelligence of a lot enemies in WOW. A lot of them were "boring" too, after a while ...
    I would recommend this for the next respawning level in high tier scenes :)

About loot:
    Well, what should we expect from a Skeleton? 5.000 gp? Why should it carry something they don't need anymore? ;)
    May be he could wear an ancient neclace or ring, or having a diamond in his pocket ;)

I would prefer a more realistic kind of loot:
    Standard Cloth/Armor/Weapon with each enemy.
    And yes, old Skeletons shouldn't wear newest armor and weapon. But sometimes an ancient piece of something ...

Kobold's could have special -kobold related- stuff.
    --> They are predestinated for (rare) recipe!

And Skeletons (after we smashed their bones) sometimes should have more as one bone part ;)

And furthermore about recipe :
    Mages could have Alchemy recipe, teleport and recall scrolls, Crafter (Sieges!) could have crafter recipe ...
    A special kind of enemy could have a special kind of stuff.

Sometimes I am tired of loot - not with the amount of loot, but the same loot with every enemy.
    A more logical loot would be fine - would we expect to find gold peaces with animals? I don't think so.
    But sure, a dragon could bear a chest or a kind of pouch with crystals ...

7. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

Wow got lots of dungeons with special bosses ......

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Yes, after years of development and improvement. So it will happen in SotA - I assume ;)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Nelzie like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Just to clarify higher tier mobs use different skills/spells depending on race. Cultists and undead mages use death and fire spells. Higher tier mages use fireball, ring of fire, and some buffs not available to players.

Barbarian wizards use ice magic. Higher tier wizards use ice field

There are low end cultists i dont know anything about (thier orginization is only mentioned by them) that wear colorful clothes and bone helmets that cast chaos bolt.

Kobold wizards use air magic, the higher tier wizards also cast chain lightning.

Elf mages use life, fire, and death spells. Higher tier elf mages cast ring of fire, death ray, a death resistance buff, healing ray and they can teleport you to them if you run.

Warrior mobs use the same skills we can use based on what they wield. Sword users use rend, mace users use crushing blow, shield and sword users will rend and shield bash you

Archers will use more ranged skills the higher tier they are. Lower toer use disable shot, high tier will use piercing shot aimed shot disable shot

Also higher level npcs behave different than low level ones. They reposition faster if ranged, will tactically use teleport just before you hit them, attempt to pincer you in a group to score back hits

10. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

It seems to me the idea is to generate a player economy of crafted gear to make crafting somewhat useful; hence, the degrading gear, repair kits, crafted gear with all the various customization, etc. I haven’t been around long but somehowI doubt crafters are making bank as implied above. Almost every vendor I see has stacks of crafted gear. The supply is very high and demand low apparently which means crafters are probably taking a loss versus what they could have sold their Matt’s for. This is almost always true for every MMO. Again I haven’t been around long though so this is about a three week observation. Last time I played was 2014 and almost nothing was crafted and used then.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Nelzie like this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Loot tables has been improved in last months, and you know it too, Titania.

Just go and compare the loot you got in The rise (as example) a year ago and now, you had no chance to do 50k/h and now with a few supply bags and one arti (not hard to get one arti in 1-2h) you are doing 40-50k pretty easy.

Overall there is a real improvement. Maybe the point is that you don't like how it works, and that's fine but we cannot say we did not see any improvement.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  12. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Please just never make us dodge red circles on the ground.

Supply bundles was their short term answer for loot variety. Next release they intend to make player crafted items that are sold to npc vendors start appearing on the loot table.

13. mass

mass Avatar

It has gotten better, but this is not close to my experience. There may be a very limited subset of players that can farm at this rate in The Rise. I'm level 86, and I can hold my own there, but it's slow going. I rarely get a supply bundle and I don't think I've ever gotten an artifact from that scene. But I've probably spent a total of 20 hours there.

Really, it's the level 1 - 70 experience that needs improvement. I know it's on their list. Adding all the little items to Tier 1-3 loot tables, like all reagents, all gem fragments, all bark types, even the occasional rare harvest like black cutworms would provide instant diversity without causing too much inflation (they would be semi-rare drops). I agree that walking out of a scene with nothing but shoddy bows, wands, staffs, and rusty swords is not terribly exciting.

Mob diversity is problematic for low levels as well. There's actually a decent (not great, but decent) diversity of mobs out in the world, but it doesn't feel that way lvl 1-70 because you spend an enormous amount of time in the same scenes to advance your character. If you explore more, you'll find more diversity. I think simply having more side quests related to named mini-bosses in scenes would also help this. Even if the 'Dread Bandit Bob' looks just like all the other bandits, it may feel different in our mind if he has a name, a story, and is the target for a specific quest goal.

14. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

Do you expect different in an MMO?

I used to say this about wow after taking 6 characters to lvl 70 (max back then after first upgrade)

From lvl 0 to lvl 70 you basically fight 10 tiers of rats that get a little bit bigger and wildly colored as you move up each tier.

But thats actually not even true of this game like EMPStrike said, they actually do change as you move into harder areas. In fact you move so quickly through tier 1 to tier 5 areas within days you should be fighting completely different mobs.

15. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

I'm pretty sure they had bosses that required partys from the begin.
    I'
    What do you expect?
    You can craft gear practically for free if you gather all the mats your self....
    The gain you get from buying the recourses is the skill lvling.
    If you want profit go mine yourself.....

16. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

I did loot a necklace one time off of an elf valued at 2500 gold.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @ganjamanus . Yes I agree that some game do loot better than Shroud of the Avatar. Hopefully this will continue to improve and some of that may be from our feedback here. In R53 some changes to loot will happen in the form of crafted armor being added to loot tables. That was an early plan for the game that there would be these drops occasionally. For many those drops will be much better armors to find. The details on how that will work are sketchy right now. I also think we could find a lot more interesting things even if we do have occasional coto and artifacts dropping that is very rare which is fine but to fill in with some collections or something that earn points to getting something later I think would help too. Perhaps we are finding runes somethings that are just pieces of it to open a chest later. I agree we do need more interesting loot. Maybe it is time for a loot thread again ;)

18. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I think you misunderstood my post. It was intended to be positive or negative. It was merely an observation. I personally like gathering, crafting, and leveling and generally couple all together so the system as is seems to fit my play style albeit I haven't been on quite long enough to make a full determination.

19. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

well because you stated the obvious : crafters are probably taking a loss versus what they could have sold their mat’s for.
    It wouldn't make sence if they make profit + craftskill gain when they buy all the needed mats.
    how about they sell for 1/5 of the total mats price used then maybe people would buy their crap

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  20. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

If you think that about mobs, i can only imagine you did po0r pve. There's a lot of different mobs and dungeons and áreas. Of course still id an área of improvement, but, as a 2 years player, i dont share your vision

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.